Mini itx build for a friend

Go to solution Solved by ThyFeared,

Just letting you know now. If you go with that processor there is no upgrade path.

Hey guys,

I'm building a gaming system for a friend of mine, because her laptop is crappy and broken. ;)

I've chosen the parts according to her budget but i'm not as familiar with Amd processors as i am with intel, so I just want to make sure that the parts are all compatible. Also if you have any suggestions for changes I can make feel free to tell me.

Parts list:

- Processor: AMD Athlon X4 860K 3.7GHz 

- Motherboard: MSI A88XI AC

- Ram system memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL10S-8GBXL

- Graphics card: GTX960 IX OC 2GB GDDR5

- PSU: Tacens Radix ECO 500W, 220 x 300 mm, 47 - 63 Hz, 140 mm ( a semi-popular brand in europe, I have a 900w modular, from the same brand, in my personal system and it works wonderfully)

- HDD: Toshiba PX3004E-1HE0, 500Gb SSHD.

- Case: Cooler Master Elite 110

Is it all compatible? Im not entirely sure on the cpu and MoBo, also the graphics card size?

looks good. :D

try to use PCPP?

makes all our live just that little bit easier. :o

pcpartpicker.com

ca.pcpartpicker.com

au.pcpartpicker.com

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Looks good, peronally I'd get a 1TB HDD vs a .5 TB SSHD, but its good

“I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart

Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

- PSU: Tacens Radix ECO 500W, 220 x 300 mm, 47 - 63 Hz, 140 mm ( a semi-popular brand in europe, I have a 900w modular, from the same brand, in my personal system and it works wonderfully)

I wouldn't go with this brand. The OEM for that PSU isn't something one should recommend, and this site actually recommends against the whole brand entirely: http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page2289.htm

try to use PCPP?

pcpartpicker.com

ca.pcpartpicker.com

au.pcpartpicker.com

Damn ninja'd

try to use PCPP?

pcpartpicker.com

ca.pcpartpicker.com

au.pcpartpicker.com

Oh ok, thanks for the (tech) tip *pun intended*

It just didn't occurred to me because i'm from europe and im using amazon.es and pcdiga.com/

I wouldn't go with this brand. The OEM for that PSU isn't something one should recommend, and this site actually recommends against the whole brand entirely: http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page2289.htm

ok, thanks. mine is 80+ silver, the flagship psu for the brand so i'm ok,I think.

Any cheap and reliable psu for this built?

ok, thanks. mine is 80+ silver, the flagship psu for the brand so i'm ok,I think.

Any cheap and reliable psu for this built?

Simple thing to do is to look through this http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/PSUReviewDatabase.html

Look for something available for cheap, and look at the reviews if it has any on the linked site. Also check the OEM. The best OEM's to look for are Super Flower, Seasonic, Enhance, FSP, at a pinch Channel Well Technologies will be ok (compare CWT to the reviews on any PSU you find, Corsair's CX series are all CWT, check the reviews before you commit). Avoid Sirtec OEM like the fucking plague.

You got some hunting to do.  :D