Where can I get a job?

Oberon.Smite

As you can probably tell by my build, I need an upgrade. I really want to build a dream machine this summer for myself, but I'm neither rich or old. I want to work at anywhere, as long as I'll have enough for the build and a big steam library. So I turn 15 this summer, and was wondering if a 5'4 skrub like me could even a minimum wage job this summer. Any thoughts?

I can't help you exactly but I'd love to do this as well so I'm following this topic. You can mow lawns maybe? I do that and make $180 a month.

You could probably get a job anywhere as long as they are hiring.

Perhaps try larger stores? you could probably bag groceries or push carts.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I can't help you exactly but I'd love to do this as well so I'm following this topic. You can mow lawns maybe? I do that and make $180 a month.

$180 cutting lawns.. dam.    

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

McDonalds everyone starts somewhere

180 a month isn't all that great, with a minimum wage job working decent hours (during summer) he could probably easily get 800+ a month.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

$180 cutting lawns.. dam.    

I was going to make another comment but I won't go there. 

Yep. $20 on my lawn and $25 on next door neighbor's lawn. Lucky me. :D

Apply everywhere you would even vaguely want to work at.  That's my thought :)  Ask your Parents for the stuff you aren't sure about.

Old PC Eh...  Aside from  that Boot drive there is nothing really old about your PC.  Q6600 Master Race myself!

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

180 a month isn't all that great, with a minimum wage job working decent hours (during summer) he could probably easily get 800+ a month.

It's great for me. I'm 15 and that's all I got right now.

most places won't hire unless you are 16 even then it is hard to get a job because of your age, and most jobs want experience which is hard to get when you can't get hired anywhere, because other, older people with experience get the job instead of you,so you are lucky to get a job these days anywhere, at least this is the case in my area,

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

McDonalds everyone starts somewhere

never worked there, but i hear it looks pretty good on a resume.

may your framerates be high and your temperatures be low. #pcmr

Street corner is a good place to start, but for the real money you'll need a agency. ;)

But seriously, I not sure what the what the minumun working age is in VA but a lot of places hire at 14-15 for garbage, sweeping and so on also odd jobs like mowing laws and news paper routes can earn a decent bit if you work a whole summer.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

It's great for me. I'm 15 and that's all I got right now.

Lol I have Indian neighbors, and no offence, but they're kind of cheap :D

But I mean lucky you lol

Unfortunately, most placed wont hire anyone under 16. I actually think you might even need some sort of work permit to work if you are under 16, at least in California (but don't quote me on that. I'm not too familiar with those laws). Even then, the best you could hope for would be minimum wage at a pace like your local pizza restaurant or fast food. My first job was delivering pizzas at the local pizza place. Minimum wage, but the hours were mostly in the evening, so it didn't interfere with school.

Try applying at local tech shops or local media outlets, radio stations tend to hire at a young age (Got my gig where I am at 15)

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Take some time to look over the labor laws for minors in your state before you go around looking for a job, it really helps

Most places that hire minors are like grocery stores or food places and what not 

Try applying at local tech shops or local media outlets, radio stations tend to hire at a young age (Got my gig where I am at 15)

I have Microcenter VA 20 min away. Should I see if they're hiring? Should get my Comptia A+ test by then.

Get boobs>become camgirl>profit

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

Some States offer something call SYEP, where young kids like your age gets to have a job in the real world, with pay. It's done through the school as you'll need paperwork in order to you to get a job, so ask your guidance counselor for more details.

http://www.vbgov.com/government/offices/yoo/Pages/summer-youth-employment-program.aspx

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

I have Microcenter VA 20 min away. Should I see if they're hiring? Should get my Comptia A+ test by then.

Definitely try to get a job there.

Microcenter is a shrine to us in PCMR

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB