GeForce Titan X owners club *update*

Guess what just arrived!!!!

Asians?

Regular human bartender...Jackie Daytona.

Asians?

I'd appreciate if this thread would not get spammed. If you want to collect posts just go to General Discussions, thank you.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

I'd appreciate if this thread would not get spammed. If you want to collect posts just go to General Discussions, thank you.

It was just a small joke but what ever.

Regular human bartender...Jackie Daytona.

With programs like MSI AFterburner or EVGA PrecisionX you are not bound to brands. These programs work with any GPU. In other words EVGA's Precision X works just fine with a Gigabyte card :).

Thanks!

Just ordered mine... Hope CenterCom doesn't screw me. Thank frak for living around the corner from their store.

l5cs60v.jpg

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

I just got my new EVGA Titan X SC today, and waterblock arrived as well. :) Got it hooked up to my 1680x1050 monitor! lol!

Waiting for the XB270HU to arrive this month, would be the perfect pair!

Rob

Is a 850w enough for sli?

Intel 5820K ¬ ASUS x99 Deluxe ¬ HyperX Predator 3000Mhz 16gb ¬ Gigabyte Titan X ¬ SuperFlow Leadex 850W ¬ Crucial Mx100 512Gb x2 RAID 0 ¬ NZXT H440 + HUE + X61 ¬ ASUS ROG Swift

Waterblock is on. It's sharing a 360XTX radiator with the 4790K @ 4.6GHz and the temps are stable around 40C under load and fans at 1000rpm - nice and quiet.

I can't get it stable up at 1500MHz Overclock tho. I settled on 1450-1480MHz for now with default ram speeds. With no core OC I can get the VRAM up to 8000MHz but there is little benefit in that compared to a core OC. Also, half the VRAM chips are on the back side of the PCB with no contact with the watercooling block.

Any other suggestions? A BIOS with more volts? My ASIC is only 69% so I think it would like more volts.

Is a 850w enough for sli?

If running them under water and plan on overclocking the snot out of them, then you'd be safer with 1000watts.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Waterblock is on. It's sharing a 360XTX radiator with the 4790K @ 4.6GHz and the temps are stable around 40C under load and fans at 1000rpm - nice and quiet.

I can't get it stable up at 1500MHz Overclock tho. I settled on 1450-1480MHz for now with default ram speeds. With no core OC I can get the VRAM up to 8000MHz but there is little benefit in that compared to a core OC. Also, half the VRAM chips are on the back side of the PCB with no contact with the watercooling block.

Any other suggestions? A BIOS with more volts? My ASIC is only 69% so I think it would like more volts.

69% ASIC is a very good ASIC for watercooling but with a mod BIOS each of my cards is allowed to draw 400 Watts. An 850W for 2 cards with heavy OCs is not sufficient.

The cards won't draw all the time that much power but the peak will be too high and the your system gets unstable.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

So I'm gonna ask you guys here, do you think it's worth it to wait a year or so for Pascal GPU's or just stop procrastinating and pick up a Titan X? I only game at 1440p so I'm not sure the Titan X is a good purchase but then again I kinda only want it to say I have it, but I know when Pascal comes out I'm gonna want that too :x

CPU - Intel Core i7 4770K @ 4.80GHz / GPU - MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming / RAM - 16 GB G.Skill TridentX 2400 MHz / Motherboard - Maximus VI Formula / CPU Cooler - Kraken x60 / Power Supply - Rosewill Lightning 1300w / Case - Enthoo Luxe Monitor - Asus ROG Swift PG278Q / Sound - Razer Kraken 7.1 / Keyboard - Razer Blackwidow Chroma / Mouse - Razer Naga Hex + Razer Deathadder Chroma | Picture - [http://i.imgur.com/SSKZKWu.jpg]

So I'm gonna ask you guys here, do you think it's worth it to wait a year or so for Pascal GPU's or just stop procrastinating and pick up a Titan X? I only game at 1440p so I'm not sure the Titan X is a good purchase but then again I kinda only want it to say I have it, but I know when Pascal comes out I'm gonna want that too :x

Yes, even for 1440p it's still a good buy! You never know if you'll upgrade to 4K, I am!

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

Even for 1440p the Titan X is a big improvement. You will get in ULTRA way better minimum FPS over all other GPUs on the market out there.

And besides that, there'll be always coming out something new, if you live by that philosphy you could wait forever. Wait until next year if you can buy a powerful GPU now? Up to you, but I have seen you raving back an forward in multiple thread about Titan X.

Make up your mind and think about what kind of monitor you are dealing with. You run a single GTX980 on a 144Hz G-Sync monitor, the Titan X will be definitely a big improvement over the GTX980.

Even for 1440p the Titan X is a big improvement. You will get in ULTRA way better minimum FPS over all other GPUs on the market out there.

And besides that, there'll be always coming out something new, if you live by that philosphy you could wait forever. Wait until next year if you can buy a powerful GPU now? Up to you, but I have seen you raving back an forward in multiple thread about Titan X.

Make up your mind and think about what kind of monitor you are dealing with. You run a single GTX980 on a 144Hz G-Sync monitor, the Titan X will be definitely a big improvement over the GTX980.

I gotta agree with this, you can wait forever because new cards come out almost every 6 months like clockwork, you'll always be waiting and missing out. I am doubtful the 390x will beat the Titan X and have less ram to boot, the 395x2 however should be better but that is a dual card and well doesn't count in my book. If you go AMD you want to go with 2 390x cards, 2-way 390x IMHO should be better than a Titan X but not by much or currently perform "better" if anything should be the same in most cases. But 12GB of vram is hard to pass on...

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

I gotta agree with this, you can wait forever because new cards come out almost every 6 months like clockwork, you'll always be waiting and missing out. I am doubtful the 390x will beat the Titan X and have less ram to boot, the 395x2 however should be better but that is a dual card and well doesn't count in my book. If you go AMD you want to go with 2 390x cards, 2-way 390x IMHO should be better than a Titan X but not by much or currently perform "better" if anything should be the same in most cases. But 12GB of vram is hard to pass on...

If he'd buy the R390X he would kind of screw himself over, because he owns a G-Sync monitor. So in order to make it right either stick with nVidia or sell the GTX980 and the Swift and buy a R9 390X with a Freesync at least 1440p monitor.

If he'd buy the R390X he would kind of screw himself over, because he owns a G-Sync monitor. So in order to make it right either stick with nVidia or sell the GTX980 and the Swift and buy a R9 390X with a Freesync at least 1440p monitor.

I will not buy another AMD card, I owned crossfire 7970s and had a horrible experience with them not just crossfire issues, the cards were horrible overclocked couldn't get +30 mhz on the core with out them becoming unstable, they both had horrible coil whine one so bad even at idle I had to turn my comp off to sleep I haven't had a decent Radeon card since the x1600, I also adore g-sync so yah I'm sticking with Nvidia. I think Imma bite the bullet and get a TX tomorrow (anyone wanna buy a 980? :D)

CPU - Intel Core i7 4770K @ 4.80GHz / GPU - MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming / RAM - 16 GB G.Skill TridentX 2400 MHz / Motherboard - Maximus VI Formula / CPU Cooler - Kraken x60 / Power Supply - Rosewill Lightning 1300w / Case - Enthoo Luxe Monitor - Asus ROG Swift PG278Q / Sound - Razer Kraken 7.1 / Keyboard - Razer Blackwidow Chroma / Mouse - Razer Naga Hex + Razer Deathadder Chroma | Picture - [http://i.imgur.com/SSKZKWu.jpg]

I will not buy another AMD card, I owned crossfire 7970s and had a horrible experience with them not just crossfire issues, the cards were horrible overclocked couldn't get +30 mhz on the core with out them becoming unstable, they both had horrible coil whine one so bad even at idle I had to turn my comp off to sleep I haven't had a decent Radeon card since the x1600, I also adore g-sync so yah I'm sticking with Nvidia. I think Imma bite the bullet and get a TX tomorrow (anyone wanna buy a 980? :D)

Tell you the truth my AMD experience was pretty much the same, only difference was that it was a R9 290X and I could OC it a bit further. But it was not a good and satisfying experience overall. I bought that card at its release back in the day to see if I liked the GTX780Ti or the R9 290X better. Wasn't hard to decide :).

G-Sync in incredible... it's so smooth and feels like you have never gamed before for real.

If you are about to sell the GTX980, I can tell you that I got my cards on ebay sold for 450USD in a matter of minutes, if you sell it for a bit more I don't think that you'll sit on it for too long.

Here are some benchmarks from my Titan X, still on stock cooler, but water blocks arrived today so tomorrow I will be setting it up.

Benchmark: Fire Strike

CPU: i7 4790k

GPU: nVidia Titan X
GPU Core: 1227MHz
GPU Memory: 2003MHz
Score: 16463
3DMark Link: http://www.3dmark.com/fs/4482913

Benchmark: Fire Strike Extreme

Score: 8565
3DMark Link: http://www.3dmark.com/fs/4482946

Benchmark: Fire Strike ULTRA

Score: 4717
3DMark Link: http://www.3dmark.com/fs/4428346

SNIP

Wow, I am really impressed with your setup  Nice Job!  I was in the market for 2 Titan X's but my priorities have changed.  My dog just tore his ACL and so far the surgery is going to cost me over 4000, not including pain meds...... Oh well

I have a potato!

Wow, I am really impressed with your setup  Nice Job!  I was in the market for 2 Titan X's but my priorities have changed.  My dog just tore his ACL and so far the surgery is going to cost me over 4000, not including pain meds...... Oh well

Man, I'm sorry to hear that.  Hope things turn out well for the little guy.

Wow, I am really impressed with your setup Nice Job! I was in the market for 2 Titan X's but my priorities have changed. My dog just tore his ACL and so far the surgery is going to cost me over 4000, not including pain meds...... Oh well

That's when you pull an old yeller my friend ;p

-snip-

Man your machine looks amazing. I´m glad that there are people like you and I that enjoy building such extreme PCs and not only go for looks but also high performance :).

Like I always mention. Is it too much to ask for performance and killer looks?!?

Like I always mention. Is it too much to ask for performance and killer looks?!?

My sentiments exactly!