GeForce Titan X owners club *update*

Coincidentally I just ordered an EK backplate for mine, so hopefully that reduces temperatures a little bit. It won't be drastic, but every little bit is beneficial. 

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

hi ani 1 noe wheather gigabyte titan x support gop??

thank~

• 4 weeks later...

So now that the 980 Ti is coming out. Do any of you guys/gals regret buying this card? I do not regret my purchase at all and I bought two. I plan on buying the EVGA Titan X hybrid upgrade when it comes back in stock.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Kinda ruins my colour scheme with that green logo , guess I should send it back. ;)

Yjb1p5S.jpg

pLHayla.jpg

littleRed

CPU Intel i7 4790k Motherboard ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero RAM 32GB G Skill RipjawsX GPU EVGA Titan X Cooling Corsair H105 Case Corsair 760t Black PSU EVGA 1000P2

Storage Boot Samsung Evo 850 256GB Programs Samsung Evo 840 1TB Data WD Black 2TB Display BenQ XL2420G Keyboard Corsair K70 Mouse Razer Death Adder OS Windows 10

So now that the 980 Ti is coming out. Do any of you guys/gals regret buying this card? I do not regret my purchase at all and I bought two. I plan on buying the EVGA Titan X hybrid upgrade when it comes back in stock.

I have to know the final price before I know if I regret it or not. I've been enjoying this card for months now and honestly, when you buy top of the line, you sort of expect this. I'd say the majority of us don't regret a thing because we know exactly what we are getting into. Come 6 more months or so, people will be asking the same question about the 980Ti when a new series launches.

I have to know the final price before I know if I regret it or not. I've been enjoying this card for months now and honestly, when you buy top of the line, you sort of expect this. I'd say the majority of us don't regret a thing because we know exactly what we are getting into. Come 6 more months or so, people will be asking the same question about the 980Ti when a new series launches.

I agree because if you keep waiting for the next best thing then you will be waiting for a long time because some new card will always come out.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Why regret when we have the best? Most of us bought this card because we wanted performance here and now not thinking about the cost. Some of us also have use for all that Vram hence the purchase. 

The people who regret buying Titan X's are the ones who impulse buy and were not thinking clearly. Kinda stupid to buy the high end just for bragging rights with no proper use for them and then cry later knowing that something cheaper comes out. Let that serve as a lesson so that they make better shopping choices in the future. Not saying its the same case for everybody but well people have other reasons.

As for me planning on buying one more if needed, also if my mods can be achieved.

Desktop: ARX-Laevatein : soon to be ARX-8 http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/8RyhHx

Custom Aurora R4 ALX case + Caselabs Merlin Pedestal | i7- 4820k @ 4.8 Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Gene Mobo | 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum | EVGA/Gigabyte 12GB Titan X SLI | 128GB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 2x WD RED 3TB| EVGA 1200 P2 PSU | Win 10 | Razer Black Widow Chroma | Corsair M95 | Asus ROG Swift PG278Q | Sennheiser G4ME ZERO White

Laptop: M17x R4 Stealth Black :

i7-3940xm | 32 Gb G.Skill Ripjaws | 8Gb GTX 880m | Killer Wireless N-1103 | 500Gb Samsung 840 EVO, 1TB WD 5400rpm + 32Gb Msata SSD Cache | 1920 x 1080 120Hz 3D screen | DVDRWBD | Sound Blaster recon 3Di | M18x 330w PSU | Win 7 Ultimate | Zalman ZM-NC11 Black | Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB | Razer Mamba 2012 | Sennheiser PC 363D 7.1 Headset

No, I don't regret it. This is the nature of the beast when buying the fastest single gpu card available. It's really no different compared to when the 780ti launched after the original Titan.

I like JayzTwoCents' video on the 980ti vs Titan X because he overclocks them to an equal 1400mhz and the Titan X came out a winner by as much as 10%.

Unlike Linus' video where he relied on boost clocks which didn't put them on an equal playing field. Their Titan X boosts to a mere 1088Mhz...12mhz greater than the guaranteed 1076mhz.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

No, I don't regret it. This is the nature of the beast when buying the fastest single gpu card available. It's really no different compared to when the 780ti launched after the original Titan.

I especially like JayzTwoCents' video on the 980ti vs Titan X because he overclocked them both to an equal 1400mhz and the Titan X came out a winner. 

Unlike Linus' video where he relied on boost clocks which didn't put them on an equal playing field. 

It was actually Jay's video that sealed the deal with the Titan X for me. Watched linus first but Jay's was much more convincing and funnier even though it was kinda scripted. Didn't know he had a 980Ti video.

Desktop: ARX-Laevatein : soon to be ARX-8 http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/8RyhHx

Custom Aurora R4 ALX case + Caselabs Merlin Pedestal | i7- 4820k @ 4.8 Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Gene Mobo | 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum | EVGA/Gigabyte 12GB Titan X SLI | 128GB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 2x WD RED 3TB| EVGA 1200 P2 PSU | Win 10 | Razer Black Widow Chroma | Corsair M95 | Asus ROG Swift PG278Q | Sennheiser G4ME ZERO White

Laptop: M17x R4 Stealth Black :

i7-3940xm | 32 Gb G.Skill Ripjaws | 8Gb GTX 880m | Killer Wireless N-1103 | 500Gb Samsung 840 EVO, 1TB WD 5400rpm + 32Gb Msata SSD Cache | 1920 x 1080 120Hz 3D screen | DVDRWBD | Sound Blaster recon 3Di | M18x 330w PSU | Win 7 Ultimate | Zalman ZM-NC11 Black | Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB | Razer Mamba 2012 | Sennheiser PC 363D 7.1 Headset

Why regret when we have the best? Most of us bought this card because we wanted performance here and now not thinking about the cost. Some of us also have use for all that Vram hence the purchase. 

The people who regret buying Titan X's are the ones who impulse buy and were not thinking clearly. Kinda stupid to buy the high end just for bragging rights with no proper use for them and then cry later knowing that something cheaper comes out. Let that serve as a lesson so that they make better shopping choices in the future. Not saying its the same case for everybody but well people have other reasons.

As for me planning on buying one more if needed, also if my mods can be achieved.

Nice. I just want my two EVGA Hybrid water coolers because I'm a newb at water cooling lol. Once I get those I will overclock the card. Small overclock right now.

I like JayzTwoCents' video on the 980ti vs Titan X because he overclocks them to an equal 1400mhz and the Titan X came out a winner by as much as 10%.

Unlike Linus' video where he relied on boost clocks which didn't put them on an equal playing field. Their Titan X boosts to a mere 1088Mhz...12mhz greater than the guaranteed 1076mhz.

Nice. I just got home. I will watch it right away.

Holy Crap Jay has a 980 Ti Hybrid. I want one lol.

I am another proud Titan X owner, Glad i got it although the 980ti's price now is making me sick as saw some benchmarks and it matches the titan x.  So a bit peed about that but the extra cores and ROP's has to count for something?  Also the 12gb VRAM has to be made use of at some point right?  Surely now game devs know there are peeps out there with 12gb VRAM to use they will make options in games to make use of it.

I haven't found a need for a new cooler yet although if i was to use the hacked BIOS i might have to.  But the Factory cooler is V Good, if u change the fan curve u can keep it at 70C.

Ive had mine at 1400Mhz Boost but to scared to keep that high, so been sticking to +100 / 1300mhz boost.  Anyone else been using a higher boost clock for long periods?  love to know if its caused any artifacts?

Also think it does help that im using a 5960x on Rampage Extreme V too.  cant see my old I7 950 giving me same FPS rates.

Thanks

Bodgeup

I am another proud Titan X owner, Glad i got it although the 980ti's price now is making me sick as saw some benchmarks and it matches the titan x.  So a bit peed about that but the extra cores and ROP's has to count for something?  Also the 12gb VRAM has to be made use of at some point right?  Surely now game devs know there are peeps out there with 12gb VRAM to use they will make options in games to make use of it.

I haven't found a need for a new cooler yet although if i was to use the hacked BIOS i might have to.  But the Factory cooler is V Good, if u change the fan curve u can keep it at 70C.

Ive had mine at 1400Mhz Boost but to scared to keep that high, so been sticking to +100 / 1300mhz boost.  Anyone else been using a higher boost clock for long periods?  love to know if its caused any artifacts?

Also think it does help that im using a 5960x on Rampage Extreme V too.  cant see my old I7 950 giving me same FPS rates.

Thanks

Bodgeup

I can do +230 on the core and +500 on the memory. This equals 1482/8002. Nvidia more or less guaranteed 1400 across all Titan X cards, so don't be scared.

Some current games do use over 6GB of vram at 4K, so there's a potential issue there. Future games may as well, so that may be a shortcoming of the 6GB vram. Having said that, as a hypothetical 980ti user, it wouldn't concern me. I usually upgrade every two generations and I believe it will take much longer for 6GB to become obsolete. 

Not a Titan X owner, and to be honest I couldn't imagine spending a grand on a card. That is, until I got my 980, and am in the middle of the Step Up program to get a 980Ti. None of you should regret your purchases, you have the top of the line; the best of the best. Coming from someone who would love a Titan if I could get one, I wish I had the money. Cheers to you Titan X owners; enjoy being kings of the market.

Cinders: - i7 4790K (4.5GHz) - Gigabyte Z97X-SOC - 16GB Klevv DDR3 1600MHz - EVGA GTX 980Ti ACX2.0+ (1548MHz Boost) - EVGA Supernova 850GS - NZXT H440 Orange/Black (Modified) -
Unnamed System: i5 4690K (4.2GHz) - MSI Z97I-AC - 8GB G.Skill DDR3 2400MHz - EVGA GTX 950 SSC - Raidmax Thunder V2 535W - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

So i was wondering if whats currently happening to me is a problem with my graphics card or just a game that is poorly optimized.

Playing witcher 3 on max settings with an overclock to 1575Mhz it runs fine 90-120ish frps, this is true of other tripple A titles i own.

I then try to play Warframe with the same overclock and the game crashes usually about 2-4mins into a mission. The driver literaly crashes, i put it to default clocks and it runs fine.

Is this my card or a game that is not optimized and Nvidia dosnt have game ready drivers for it...

CPU is a 3770k overclocked to 4.6Ghz and 16GB corsair Dominator platinum memory. EK waterblock on the cpu and an EK waterblock and back plate on the titan X.

Ok I found an answer to my own question, apparently the devs from warframe have explicitly stated that the game will crash if you either own a factory over clocked card or personally over clock it. When I brought up the matter on there forums and said I knew about the don't overclock your card, but was wondering if it would ever be changed so I would have to manually under clock my card. They responded by mocking me and saying a video card like the Titan X dosnt even need to be over clocked, apparently they don't know resolutions above 1080p exist or that Gsync exists.

Ok I found an answer to my own question, apparently the devs from warframe have explicitly stated that the game will crash if you either own a factory over clocked card or personally over clock it. When I brought up the matter on there forums and said I knew about the don't overclock your card, but was wondering if it would ever be changed so I would have to manually under clock my card. They responded by mocking me and saying a video card like the Titan X dosnt even need to be over clocked, apparently they don't know resolutions above 1080p exist or that Gsync exists.

I highly doubt you were talking to actual Warframe devs, because my overclocked 980 plays the game perfectly fine. Also, they aren't so rude as to mock people, not in any of my days playing since the alpha have I ever seen a mod or dev be rude to anyone except blatant trolls.

If your game crashes then your overclock isn't stable.

Cinders: - i7 4790K (4.5GHz) - Gigabyte Z97X-SOC - 16GB Klevv DDR3 1600MHz - EVGA GTX 980Ti ACX2.0+ (1548MHz Boost) - EVGA Supernova 850GS - NZXT H440 Orange/Black (Modified) -
Unnamed System: i5 4690K (4.2GHz) - MSI Z97I-AC - 8GB G.Skill DDR3 2400MHz - EVGA GTX 950 SSC - Raidmax Thunder V2 535W - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Thanks

Bodgeup

Don't be pissed off about the Titan X purchase. I don't regret buying two of them. The performance is excellent.

Warframe sounds like a waste of money and time if that is the case. Going to uninstall it tonight.

I highly doubt you were talking to actual Warframe devs, because my overclocked 980 plays the game perfectly fine. Also, they aren't so rude as to mock people, not in any of my days playing since the alpha have I ever seen a mod or dev be rude to anyone except blatant trolls.

If your game crashes then your overclock isn't stable.

Check the warframe forums, under the list of specifications it states that both manufacture overclocked and custom overclocked video cards can and will cause the game to crash.

the game is stable playing witcher 3/Advanced warfare/as well as dozens of other games without crashing. this is the one and only game that crashes if im not using default clock speeds.

The overclock is stable, the game isnt.

Check the warframe forums, under the list of specifications it states that both manufacture overclocked and custom overclocked video cards *****can***** and will cause the game to crash.

the game is stable playing witcher 3/Advanced warfare/as well as dozens of other games without crashing. this is the one and only game that crashes if im not using default clock speeds.

The overclock is stable, the game isnt.

If it's not stable in every game, it's not stable. Overclocking 101

9. Underclocking

I understand that overclocking tends to come with the territory, so if you are someone who overclocks their PC (or even just your GPU) then I would suggest trying to reset to factory or even underclocking. At this time we may not be able to directly assist you with any issues that you may experience while overclocking, so I highly suggest that you try running as intended. It is my understanding that there have been a number of users who find this solution to be of use to them.

(Note: This includes both manual overclocking as well as factory overclocking.)

9. Underclocking

I understand that overclocking tends to come with the territory, so if you are someone who overclocks their PC (or even just your GPU) then I would suggest trying to reset to factory or even underclocking. At this time we may not be able to directly assist you with any issues that you *****may***** experience while overclocking, so I highly suggest that you try running as intended. It is my understanding that there have been a number of users who find this solution to be of use to them.

(Note: This includes both manual overclocking as well as factory overclocking.)

I especially like the part about them not being able to directly assist you, 1 person out of over 2 million active players.

Just because you can't play the game doesn't mean others (like myself, 980 **overclocked** to 1522 boost) can't. Sorry your overclock is unstable.

I just copied #9 of there list of known issues that cause warframe to crash, its a closed post they made. not a response to me but to the warframe community.

I just copied #9 of there list of known issues that cause warframe to crash, its a closed post they made. not a response to me but to the warframe community.

I am aware. I'm emphasizing the fact that that is #9 on a list of reasons Warframe "may" crash. And that they cannot directly assist any one person having trouble because of that reason. You having an unstable overclock is not their problem.

On a side note, you have to quote or "@" somebody for them to be notified.