Has the Titan X converted anyone?

Cactu

I hope you read the part about "physical damage"...

The Fixer breaks things physically though. T'was a joke, my blocky comrade

Did you see the 390X already.?

Can you see the future.?

Is it out yet? No, thus the best card iright now is Titan X.

can't argue that one , we shall have to wait for amd to get off their ass and give us the new cards , I think I speak for us all when I say I'm anxious to see what they have done

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

As a supporter of the already mentioned blue team (Yes, Matrox is the only brand I'll invest any feelings in, perhaps with the exception of 3dfx), I feel inclined to point out a few things.

To all those who claim that the R9 290X was very unexceptional. Keeping in mind that it was a card designed to compete with the GeForce 700-series, and not the current 900-series, it was actually VERY exceptional, seeing as it in plenty of benchmarks sit somewhere between a 970 and a 980. Sure, it's never going to be a better choice than the 980, but it does perform impressively. In fact, it made the whole GeForce 900-series launch seem a bit anti-climactic (as did the previous 780Ti to be honest) due to the relatively minor upgrade in performance.

The only really major upgrade with the 900-series is the power consumption, which although it might be a selling point to some, I don't really see it being a major deciding factor in a high end gaming PC.

The Titan X is a much more convincing piece of hardware than the 980 was. It has the performance to really do things that the previous generation of cards couldn't (mainly run 4k games at high settings on a single GPU), and it does it with the impressively low power consumption of the Maxwell architecture. It is much too expencive to become a commercial success though, but that's not the point. It's a PR product. It's the product that shows that "the green team" (oh how I hate the childish fanboy attitude of most people, go with what offers best value, eh?) currently has the fastest product on the market.

The most impressive thing about the Titan X though, is not its stock performance, but rather how fantastic it performs when you overclock it. The review over on anandtech.com shows some very impressive overclocked performance figures, where it comes pretty close to the numbers of a GTX980 SLI setup. This makes the Titan X the first, and currently the only viable option if you're building a triple 4K gaming setup. Sure, you'd also have 3-way SLI, but even with 4-way SLI using 980's, this wouldn't really be playable.

It will be interesting to see what the R9 390X will be like when it is released though, and let us not forget that there are no "Ti" models in the new GeForce range yet. These I'm sure will be ready to retaliate once "the red team" launches their new cards.

At the end of the day, this competition offers us, the consumers, a choice. And that is what matters, not which "team" you support.

Not if you live in New Zealand.

$2000 is pretty brutal given that $1000 USD converts to $1346 NZ dollars, no amount of shipping/tax would justify such a huge gap.

In Australia they're advertised at $1499 AUD which is $1153 USD  much better deal for Aussies.

Titan X is a great card, but it's definitely not the card for me. I more of a sweet-spot GPU kinda guy, so maybe the $300-ish cards are much more appealing to me.

just another way of me saying that I'm too poor to buy a Titan X

As for picking sides, I love both green and red, you know, like Christmas :P

"Yippie-ki-yay motherf**ker!"  ~John McClane

Your post said..

Well the TitanX is better so..

How can you make that statement without seeing the 390X's performance.

When I quoted you, you just changed your statement to "TitanX is the fastest card out right now". Saying nothing in comparison to 390X's performance.

It was faster at gaming. Don't know where you were living.

Titan = 780 w/6gb VRAM

The 290x isnt faster than the 780ti in gaming, mostly because most games run rather bad on AMD cards, i mean my 280x runs tomb raider at ultra, full AA at about 50-60fps. My 580 did that with no AA aswell.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

Titan = 780 w/6gb VRAM

The 290x isnt faster than the 780ti in gaming, mostly because most games run rather bad on AMD cards, i mean my 280x runs tomb raider at ultra, full AA at about 50-60fps. My 580 did that with no AA aswell.

And the 290X has always been faster than the 780.

Looks like you are confusing Titan with the Titan Black. The Black was the faster one based on the 780Ti full GK110 chip.

Get your facts straight before spreading your hate against AMD.

You don't even know the difference between Titan & Titan Black.

Green Team allways waiting for the 980ti or even the cards after that. Not interested in the Titan X with its fancy name to justify upping the price tag.

There shouldnt be a conversion to either team red or green... it all depends on what is the best piece of hardware you can afford, sometimes thats an AMD card and other times its a Nvidia card, why fanboy?

CPU-i5 4690k 4.4ghz @ 1.190V, MOBO-MSI z97 gaming 3, Cooler-hyper 212 evo, GPU- r9 290x asus directcuII (-37Mv), Storage-120gb v300(switching soon), 1tb caviar blue, CASE-Red/black h440, PSU-Antec TPC 650.

$2000 is pretty brutal given that $1000 USD converts to $1346 NZ dollars, no amount of shipping/tax would justify such a huge gap.

In Australia they're advertised at $1499 AUD which is $1153 USD  much better deal for Aussies.

They seem to have a passion for screwing over your zone. Then again can't you order from a US place and get premium shipping? At worst itll come off to 1200 USD$

Thought it might be just your country being assholes with their import fees. 

Intel 4790 K - R9 295X2 - Gigabyte Z97-SLI - Corsair Vengeance Pro Black 1866 CAL9 - Corsair HX 1000 -Samsung 850 EVO SSD - Samsung HDD - H100I - Corsair C70 - G400 Logitech - Asus VS247H - WASD custom mechanical and QCKPAD! 

Staples of LTT: Getting an 4690 K will resurrect your lost family members, AMD = More heat thus AMD = Satan. 

And the 290X has always been faster than the 780.

Looks like you are confusing Titan with the Titan Black. The Black was the faster one based on the 780Ti full GK110 chip.

Get your facts straight before spreading your hate against AMD.

You don't even know the difference between Titan & Titan Black.

Im the last one who will ever spread hate on AMD, lmao. I did confuse the titan with the titan black, there are still a lot more nvidia optimized games, which run better on nvidia cards. I can speak from my own experience, even a rather heavily AMD supported game like tomb raider is running meh on a 280x, even compared to a 580 which is now 3 generations old.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

The Titan X does offer some impressive performance gains, I was surprised. I was also surprised Nvidia launched it this soon.

Having said that we have to wait a while to see what bugs or flaws pop up with some hard use, since Nvidia now has a reputation thanks to the 970 and its many issues. Ive already read some people expressing concern over the VRAM temps on this card, and you don't have aftermarket cooling options. The card does seem to run a little hot, and itll be interesting to see how Nvidia fanboys react to this after continually bashing AMD for the reference 290x, which was quickly corrected by the aftermarket models.

Then theres the price, which is vintage Nvidia price gouging. Hard to justify one of these when you can get 2 980s for almost the same price. or 2 290xs and still have money left over for a 1440p monitor for the same price, and they will easily beat a Titan X by a large margin.

Im still an AMD guy at heart.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB

Im the last one who will ever spread hate on AMD, lmao. I did confuse the titan with the titan black, there are still a lot more nvidia optimized games, which run better on nvidia cards. I can speak from my own experience, even a rather heavily AMD supported game like tomb raider is running meh on a 280x, even compared to a 580 which is now 3 generations old.

Nvidia has more games through their Gameswork program, I know that,

I find your Tomb Raider claim to be questionable

tomb-raider-645x1014.png

Also lets not forget 280X is a rebranded 7970, so its also quite old, not 580 old, but old.

Edit:- Found one more

tombraider_1920_1080.gif

Your post said..

How can you make that statement without seeing the 390X's performance.

When I quoted you, you just changed your statement to "TitanX is the fastest card out right now". Saying nothing in comparison to 390X's performance.

How can you compare a video card to another when it is not even released? It is like saying a 970 will better than a 770 , 2 years ago. Thus, the Titan X is the best card currently out.

How can you compare a video card to another when it is not even released? It is like saying a 970 will better than a 770 , 2 years ago. Thus, the Titan X is the best card currently out.

Ah I see the confusion now. It was mis-interpretation on my part, apologies, I thought you said "The TitanX is better" in correspondence to the 390X, while you meant the 290X.

100% agree that the TitanX is the best card currently out.

Since neither nVidia nor AMD a religions, this is totally not relevant. The only question for me is, when will I be able to buy the AMD R9 390X and compare it to the Titans? At least we see highend chips again... I have been watining for more than a year on new highend hardware... torture.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

nope

390x is supposed to kill the titan x...

BTW please don't start a fanboy war

And it is probably going to be more expensive than its Nvidia counterpart. The opposite would surprise me since the 390x uses 8GB of HBM and is stronger

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

And it is probably going to be more expensive than its Nvidia counterpart. The opposite would surprise me since the 390x uses 8GB of HBM and is stronger

There is almost no way the 390x is more expensive than the titan x, even if it kills it. The 295x2 beats it handily and it's still 300 usd cheaper and features a hybrid liquid cooler.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB

Got to admit the Titan X is the fastest single gpu to date. Its just not worth the money but its not aimed at people which is thinking of money. Its aimed at people with so much money that spending a 1000 pounds on it, its pocket change.  And people with that kind of money don't care about value for money. If someone wants it they will buy it no matter what people say.

There is almost no way the 390x is more expensive than the titan x, even if it kills it. The 295x2 beats it handily and it's still 300 usd cheaper and features a hybrid liquid cooler.

295X2 launched at 1500$.

It's pretty sad that there are no "sane" cards above GTX 970, well maybe 295X2 right now, but even that is unideal to a lot of people, me included. nVidia is just basically taking an advantage out of the launching schedules with their Titan products - they're ahead in the schedule so they can afford to do that.

980 and Titan both have silly prices. 980 with it's 4GB VRAM (if it was a 8GB card I'd see it much more favorably due to longevity and SLI scaling), 256-bit bus is essentially a glorified midrange card sold as a flagship GTX, while Titan is a "boutique" card that they can throw into the market when they don't really have any need to release a 980 TI / 1080 but have it ready.

If i had the money i'd buy it...

\/Specs\/

Xeon E3 1230 V3-Maximus vi hero-2x4gb G skill RipjawsX 2133-EVGA supernova-1 tb seagate-Samsung 840 EVO 1TB-NZXT H440-EVGA 6Gb 780 Razer-Blackwidow Ultimate-Corsair M65

MSI Ghost Pro GS60 

titan x is.....nvidias gap closer to amds HBM cards.... the performance difference bettween the 980 and 390x in leaked benchmarks was so big... ...that nvidia got scared... and made the titan x.... my 2 cents :P

AMD Rig - (Upgraded): FX 8320 @ 4.8 Ghz, Corsair H100i GTX, ROG Crosshair V Formula, Ghz, 16 GB 1866 Mhz Ram, Msi R9 280x Gaming 3G @ 1150 Mhz, Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB, Win 10 Home

(My first Intel + Nvidia experience  - recently bought ) : MSI GT72S Dominator Pro G ( i7 6820HK, 16 GB RAM, 980M SLI, GSync, 1080p , 2x128 GB SSD + 1TB HDD... FeelsGoodMan