Windows 10 upgrade free for "pirates" in china?

so i came up with this article from PC Gamer that i think you have to check out

"Microsoft has plopped out the announcement that the next edition of Windows - Windows 10, because Windows 9 does not exist—will be releasing in 190 countries this summer.

Another announcement, via Reuters, is that the free upgrades we knew Microsoft was planning on offering will extend not just to genuine, but non-genuine license holders of the OS. That means those who have naughtily pirated versions of old Windows builds will be getting a free update to the new, shiny Windows 10.

This was announced at the WinHEC technology conference in Shenzhen, China, and sounds so far like a very China-centric announcement. The country is known for its astronomical rates of software piracy.  But operating like that in one country and not anywhere else in the world might be a bit of a weird step, will MS offer this free upgrade to genuine and non-genuine users worldwide?

No confirmation of this as of yet, but I've pinged Microsoft an email and will update should they get back to me. Are you ready for Windows 10?"

source: http://www.pcgamer.com/windows-10-coming-in-summer-free-to-chinese-pirates/

In my opinion... i think that if they do that "illegal copies get upgrades as well" thing.. they'll give them a 30 day license.. so they can get their feet wet and then offer (actually force the end-user) a full license (maybe with a discount?)

Spacebar bestbar

-blocko

Whew thank god.

I have pirated Windows on every PC in my house  :P

i don't think that it will be a "worldwide" thing (although i've read through the web that it will be).. i'm crossing my fingers for that to happen.

here in argentina, a full physical copy of win7 / 8 is:

1.-Pretty much impossible to acquire

2.- REALLY expensive if you find a place that sells a full copy... (you can eat + pay taxes for two months...)

i actually own a pirated version of win7 because of that matter...so i would be happy even if they just give me a 30 days license...(and maybe offer me an affordable license.. maybe with a discount?)

Spacebar bestbar

-blocko

Pay for Windows jack_lol.gif

CPU: i9 19300k////GPU: RTX 4090////RAM: 64gb DDR5 5600mhz ////MOBO: Aorus z790 Elite////MONITORS: 3 LG 38" 3840x1600 WIDESCREEN MONITORS

Pay for Windows jack_lol.gif

windows is worth the purchase if you can afford it

Spacebar bestbar

-blocko

Well considering you can make non genuine windows genuine this doesn't really matter lol

i don't think that it will be a "worldwide" thing (although i've read through the web that it will be).. i'm crossing my fingers for that to happen.

here in argentina, a full physical copy of win7 / 8 is:

1.-Pretty much impossible to acquire

2.- REALLY expensive if you find a place that sells a full copy... (you can eat + pay taxes for two months...)

i actually own a pirated version of win7 because of that matter...so i would be happy even if they just give me a 30 days license...(and maybe offer me an affordable license.. maybe with a discount?)

Yea. Here in Canada it's still $100 for Win 7, so I just found $50 licenses, and away I went :'D

windows is worth the purchase if you can afford it

not in a million years will I donate to the greediest company on the planet

CPU: i9 19300k////GPU: RTX 4090////RAM: 64gb DDR5 5600mhz ////MOBO: Aorus z790 Elite////MONITORS: 3 LG 38" 3840x1600 WIDESCREEN MONITORS

not in a million years will I donate to the greediest company on the planet

Yet you still use their product? (At least I'm assuming you do...)

Laptop - Asus TUF FX504GM

i7 8750H | 24GB DDR4 | GTX 1060 6GB | 128GB NVMe SSD | 1TB HDD

Peripherals

Logitech G102 Prodigy | Nubwo N12

Is this the same forum that attacks pirates and torrent users but brags about having illegal copies of Windows? Wow, bunch of hypocrites! :P

think about this @69ing Rainbow Dash

windows is compatible with.. any software you throw at it (linux is free and awesome.. but you need WINE in order to run most "not AAA" games.. and in most cases not even wine helps...) you don't need to know how to use the DOS-console in order to modify the OS...

i think that paying for windows is good (again.. if you can afford it)

this comes from a person with a pirated version of Windows...

Spacebar bestbar

-blocko

Won't affect me, because I actually bought my retail copies of Windows.

Honestly, even if they don't offer the free upgrade to pirates... it's not like the pirates won't just pirate Windows 10 anyway...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Yet you still use their product? (At least I'm assuming you do...)

think about this @69ing Rainbow Dash

Yes I paid tons of money for it to...

windows is compatible with.. any software you throw at it (linux is free and awesome.. but you need WINE in order to run most "not AAA" games.. and in most cases not even wine helps...) you don't need to know how to use the DOS-console in order to modify the OS...

i think that paying for windows is good (again.. if you can afford it)

this comes from a person with a pirated version of Windows...

go ahead. Waste your money. Give your money to one of the biggest multi billion dollar companies in the world which I always say. WILL NEVER GO OUT OF BUSINESS.

Sorry but I won't feel bad stealing from Microshit. Ever.

go ahead. Waste your money. Give your money to one of the biggest multi billion dollar companies in the world which I always say. WILL NEVER GO OUT OF BUSINESS.

Sorry but I won't feel bad stealing from Microshit. Ever.

Alrighty bro whatever you say.

I'm just hoping you're putting that saved money to good use.

Laptop - Asus TUF FX504GM

i7 8750H | 24GB DDR4 | GTX 1060 6GB | 128GB NVMe SSD | 1TB HDD

Peripherals

Logitech G102 Prodigy | Nubwo N12