5th Gen i7 Lenovo Y40 for $690

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

rekt

at least i was not rekt in vain

AAAND I"M in Europe

I'll give you the Vice President of Nvidia's GTX 780 for your Strix xD

I'll give you the Vice President of Nvidia's GTX 780 for your Strix xD

I have 2 970 strix :) I don't even want a reference :)

If it was lighter and smaller I would have bought it, but unfortunately the only cheap option that is less than 14" around this price is the alienware 13. 

I have 2 970 strix :) I don't even want a reference :)

How about a handwritten card from the CEO?

How about a handwritten card from the CEO?

Sure send me a whole box.

Sure send me a whole box.

Lan hoodie too? And the 780? 

That's fine by me xD

For one or two strix

That's fine by me xD

Ok, I'll need your SSN, address, phone number, credit card number, bank account number, and a picture of you ;)

If it was lighter and smaller I would have bought it, but unfortunately the only cheap option that is less than 14" around this price is the alienware 13. 

I tried out a Y50 at a Microsoft Store. It is a lot thinner than it looks and the weight is what it is. The lowest you'll get is 4lbs with Razer.

I tried out a Y50 at a Microsoft Store. It is a lot thinner than it looks and the weight is what it is. The lowest you'll get is 4lbs with Razer.

Actually looking at the y40 it isn't as heavy as I thought. The y40 weights 4.7, the alienware 13 4.5, and the razer 4.0.  Not bad lenovo, not bad. 

Actually looking at the y40 it isn't as heavy as I thought. The y40 weights 4.7, the alienware 13 4.5, and the razer 4.0.  Not bad lenovo, not bad. 

Oh and the keyboard is heavenly. I used to have a cheap i3 Lenovo laptop from 2012 (I gave it to my Grandma when she lost her job and her work computer and she wanted something besides an old Mac Pro). They are the same keyboard, maybe the Y40 is a bit more tactile. It was better than every mechanical keyboard that I have ever owned in my opinion. I would buy the computer for that alone.

Superfish confirmed but since servers are down it should be uno problem :)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Oh and the keyboard is heavenly. I used to have a cheap i3 Lenovo laptop from 2012 (I gave it to my Grandma when she lost her job and her work computer and she wanted something besides an old Mac Pro). They are the same keyboard, maybe the Y40 is a bit more tactile. It was better than every mechanical keyboard that I have ever owned in my opinion. I would buy the computer for that alone.

I just watched like 40 reviews on both the alienware 13, and the y40. I have leaned over the alienware 13 after I saw the price and the promo. I got it for 850 with a 7" dell tablet included. I did it mostly because the alienware is smaller overall, and it has a better GPU. Otherwise, concerning build quality, the lenovo is much better. 

Is this a decent gaming laptop? titles like WoW: Warlords of Draenor, Dragon Age Origins and DA 2 and maybe KoA:Reckoning?

The price is right, just need some input before pulling the trigger! Thanks in advance!

I just watched like 40 reviews on both the alienware 13, and the y40. I have leaned over the alienware 13 after I saw the price and the promo. I got it for 850 with a 7" dell tablet included. I did it mostly because the alienware is smaller overall, and it has a better GPU. Otherwise, concerning build quality, the lenovo is much better. 

100% agree. I may be able to upgrade the GPU in the future via eBay and ghetto cooling but I can deal with the r9 m275x for now.

Is this a decent gaming laptop? titles like WoW: Warlords of Draenor, Dragon Age Origins and DA 2 and maybe KoA:Reckoning?

The price is right, just need some input before pulling the trigger! Thanks in advance!

Those games should run fine, just get the i7 to be sure.

Are you speaking Spanish (should be a problem) or did you accidentally add a u to the beginning of no.

I wanted to say "uno problem" thinking that means "no problem". Autocorrection and no knowledge of Spanish failed me I guess :)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE