Xbox One v.s PC - Help me Decide

Oh god, now I'm going to cry even more for you because of your APU, as I'm running on an i7-3770....

I WAS running an APU. Gave that fucking thing away to my uncle when I got my 4690k.

Sooooooooooo much better now.

And he only does Linux stuff

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I WAS running an APU. Gave that fucking thing away to my uncle when I got my 4690k.

Sooooooooooo much better now.

And he only does Linux stuff

God, THAT dead socket...Actually, most of AMD's sockets are kinda dead (to an extent) with the exception of the AM3+ as AMD announced 3 new CPUs in Sep. 2014...

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

God, THAT dead socket...Actually, most of AMD's sockets are kinda dead (to an extent) with the exception of the AM3+ as AMD announced 3 new CPUs in Sep. 2014...

They really need to introduce PCI-E 3.0 to their shit, whether or not it makes a significant difference.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

They really need to introduce PCI-E 3.0 to their shit, whether or not it makes a significant difference.

Not to mention faster CPUs that can rival the i7s, CPUs that run cooler and don't need liquid cooling (I'M LOOKING RIGHT AT YOU 9590, YOU MOTHERFUCKER), and fixing their VRM problem with mismatched chipset and CPUs.

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

I would definitely go for the pc, but im sure you already knew the answers we would give because this is a forum revolving around pc's and all. :D

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

I hate to be that guy, but why are we praising the Xbone for it being cheap? Games are a lot more expensive, and you're stuck with a monthly fee for online services. It's not their intention to have a huge profit margin on the actual console.

I would definitely recommend PC, a couple of my friends switched from console to PC. And many even regret how they chose a console over a PC in the past. Linux has also come a long way, and is becoming a decent alternative to the expensive Windows.

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

Although I think PC gaming is better, if your budget is only 500$ I would probably go with a console.

• CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Extreme3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard Ram: Team Zeus Blue 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case Storage: Crucial MX100 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive, Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply Display(s): Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" Monitor Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK 68.5 CFM CPU Cooler Keyboard:Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX BrownMouse: Razer Deathadder Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32/64-bit) PC Part Picker URL: http://pcpartpicker....aze101xx/saved/

Just get an Xbox. It seems like you clearly want that more. :)

I have an xbox one and I love it, but building your own pc is a whole different experience. Whenever I just want to sit down really quickly and play a game I get on the xbox. Forza 5 and Horizon 2 are incredible. PC doesn't have these, but a PC has a whole lot of uses an xbox doesn't. Also on PC you get so many games for absolutely no money. I've bought Fallout 1, 2, and 3, plus saints row 2, castle crashers, and lucius for less than $3 each.

/AMD FX-6350 o/c to 4.4/Sapphire r9 270x 2GB/2x8GB HyperX Fury red/MSI 970 Gaming/EVGA 500B/NZXT S340/Corsair H100i V2/HyperX Fury 120GB SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB/                                   

Unless there's a specific exclusive you MUST play or all your friends are on it (which is not the case), there's pretty much no reason to buy an xbone. If you want more details, a pc offers:

-free internet

-a game library that is hundreds of times larger

-exclusive genres

-flexibility to play with whatever input device you prefer

-more power

-more customizability

-upgradability > if you ever want/need more power you don't need a completely new machine, all you need is to pop in a new part

-superior multitasking (want to listen to music, record your screen, game, whatever at the same time? You can.)

-native high resolution support

as well as being a productivity machine if you even need to get any work done.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I play Fifa 15 on my PC.....

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero | CPU: Intel Core i7 4770k | Cooling: H100i | GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 Corsair Vengence Pro 1866 MHz | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | Benchmark: http://www.3dmark.com/fs/4457125http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/hHZ8TW

If your going to be playing in a dorm and want to hang with people get an xbox one, most pc games dont bother with multiplayer on one console.

You could also emulate a few consoles, the most recent one available would be the Wii with Dolphin, if you went with PC and needed an option where multiple people can game on one screen.

I would go to wherever the games you like are being played.  For example, if Fifa has a bigger community on Xbox and that's important to you, get an xbox.  If you have friends on pc and you'll play fifa with them, get PC.  You will have a pretty good PC for $500 and if you do an mini itx or m-atx build in a small case, it will not be too bad space wise for university.

Here are my two cents: if you get a PC, you save on monthly membership fees, get cheaper games, have more mod support and can play old and new games alike.

I play Fifa 15 on my PC.....

LOL people actually play fifa on pc? how is it?

Thanks everyone for your suggestions pretty insightful. 

How shitbox is your shitbox of a computer? Is it your computer and are you taking it with you to school? Could a few well placed/selected upgrades get you from shitty to workable?

Do you have a functioning monitor? Do you have a functioning TV? Do you have a keyboard/mouse, or are you on a laptop?

LOL people actually play fifa on pc? how is it?

What's so bad about fifa on pc?

PS 4 because Morpheus (VR headset) !!!

Also u gonna have more fun with friends on a console than a PC because of all the controllers and motion interactive games (just dance etc.)

Of course if u are very social person. If u are kind of a loner than get a PC for yourself and enjoy the online world :)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Hey guys, my birthday is coming up and I've been thinking heavily on deciding whether I should build a PC or buy a new next gen console. First off I want to say, please keep your arguments as objective as possible, and honestly try to help me decide! If I was to buy a pc it would only be about $500 (not including os). The most important things to me for making this decision would be friends and the games I want to play. I have friends on both the xb1 and pc, so I can't really decide from that, and for games I really would want to play sports games, console exclusives, and racing games on the xb1. I feel like PC doesn't even have those options, or big communities. For example the community on console for Fifa is waaaaaay larger than on PC that's why I don't even think about playing Fifa on PC. The reasons why I would like to start pc gaming is because all I really played on PC is LoL, csgo and minecraft, which is about all I can run on this shitbox of a computer I own right now. There are a ton of games that I would like to play on PC though, a lot of mmo's like Skyforge, games like Battlefield which run better on pc, etc. It's really hard for me to make this decision because yes PC plays a lot better than console and everything but I don't get to play the games I love. Also I will be entering university in a matter of months, and I would like to game there during my spare time, so space is a matter, as well as costs, upgradability , etc. Please help, thank!!

Hey man i have actually been a console gamer for most of my life i only got a gaming pc about 2 years ago so i am not really biased towards either console or PC..

before that i was all about consoles because my friends were there and it seemed easier to connect with people also the games on there i liked.

But over the course of my life constantly console gaming i realized i was using my laptop probably just the same amount as my Xbox, for movies and everything else i needed, and i was seeing so many good games on PC that were not accessible to me with my shit laptop lol.

Then it dawned on me the only thing i was using my Xbox for was games that i could play on PC anyway, plus i could do more at the same time on a PC other than gaming, and not only that i could do everything i needed to do on a PC too, without the hassle of setting up my  Xbox to the one monitor i own haha.

The only downside i have about purchasing a gaming PC is that i was to hasty and did not really get a high end gaming PC, also none of my friends are pc gamers, so i was kind of alone, but in life you meet new people etc, PC gaming is more convenient for me, everything is is one place at a click of a button.

I also like Fifa but my friends have that on Xb1 so i just go to their house to play it if i feel like i want some console Fifa, and the chances are you will find a lot of people with consoles at uni, and i am sure they would not have any problem playing games on it with another person, unless they are antisocial haha.

Hope this long messages helps, but it is all about what is more enjoyable for you really.

Treat people how you want to be treated.

:)

I know, I already got some good points from an xb1 standpoint, I wanted to know what you pc people would think about it. 

I would go PC, I bought a xbox one and I regret it. It's not that bad for a console, but If I could go back I would build a budget gaming build. The better sales/functionality is where the PC shines mostly. As long as you do your research on hardware building shouldn't be that hard. I came from the Xbox 360 so it was a nice change from buying $40 games on Consoles to around $7 on steam sales. Don't be scared about the price of a gaming computer hardware. Making it back with cheap games will be better for the long run.   

Overkill Chill:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-3450 CPU with Hyper 212evo | RAM:  2 x 4 GB DDR3 MoBo: ASRock H61M-DGS R2.0 | PSU: Rosewill PHOTON 750W | GPU: SAPPHIRE DUAL-X R9 280 3GB | Case: Antec One Gaming | Storage: Kingston HyperX 120gb, Seagate 2 TB | OS: Windows 10 | Displays:  Asus VS228H-P, Hp 2009m

Personally, I'd go with PC only because the XB1 exclusive games aren't that important to me. That, and a PC is essential for my degree and career. You'll likely end up needing one anyways, so I  vote PC..

HOWEVER......

An Xbox One would be a darn nice thing to have. Most of my friends have them, and only a handful have computers good enough to play games that I like on Steam.

In the end, if you have more friends with Xbox consoles, go with that one. If you have plenty of friends with computers, or you're going into an IT major, get a PC.

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)