GTX 970 Owners Club

I'm not sure if I can game at 1649mhz, as I haven't tried that. but it is stable in both Valley & Firestrike.

But hey I'll give it a go LOL

For a stability test, run FS Ultra, graphics test 1 and 2 in a loop for about an hour.  If there's any stability in the overclock, that'll find it.

CPU: Ryzen 1600X @ 4.15ghz  MB: ASUS Crosshair VI Mem: 32GB GSkill TridenZ 3200
GPU: 1080 FTW PSU: EVGA SuperNova 1000P2 / EVGA SuperNova 750P2  SSD: 512GB Samsung 950 PRO
HD: 2 x 1TB WD Black in RAID 0  Cooling: Custom cooling loop on CPU and GPU  OS: Windows 10

As I only have Gofspar's 1.262v bios on the card, I didn't go all the way with the clocks.

But a boost clock of 1640mhz instead of the 1649mhz is pretty close I think.

I also just left the memory at 4059mhz as well.

This was taken after 15 mins of driving around Los Santos in GTA V.  Gameplay was smooth with no glitching.

All settings are on Very High or Ultra. As would most GTX 970's playing at 1080p

Untitled_1.jpg

As I only have Gofspar's 1.262v bios on the card, I didn't go all the way with the clocks.

But a boost clock of 1640mhz instead of the 1649mhz is pretty close I think.

I also just left the memory at 4059mhz as well.

This was taken after 15 mins of driving around Los Santos in GTA V.  Gameplay was smooth with no glitching.

All settings are on Very High or Ultra. As would most GTX 970's playing at 1080p

Untitled_1.jpg

that card is fucking monster...

throw more volts at it and see if it scales

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

that card is fucking monster...

throw more volts at it and see if it scales

He`s card is under water, maybe that`s the reason?

CPU-delided i5-4670k@4.6Ghz 1.42v R.I.P (2013-2015) MOBO-Asus Maximus VI Gene GPU-Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming@1582Mhz core/3744Mhz memory COOLING-Corsair H60 RAM-1x8Gb Crucial ballistix tactical tracer@2133Mhz 11-12-12-26  DRIVES-Kingston V300 60Gb, OCZ trion 100 120Gb, WD Red 1Tb
2nd  fastest i5 4670k in GPUPI for CPU - 100M

He`s card is under water, maybe that`s the reason?

even for a card underwater it's a insane card @CtW's card only does 1550 with 1.3v same with @Gabagool

even for a card underwater it's a insane card @CtW's card only does 1550 with 1.3v same with @Gabagool

Your ex 970 could do more than 1600 on air. I bet it could do about the same under water.

CPU-delided i5-4670k@4.6Ghz 1.42v R.I.P (2013-2015) MOBO-Asus Maximus VI Gene GPU-Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming@1582Mhz core/3744Mhz memory COOLING-Corsair H60 RAM-1x8Gb Crucial ballistix tactical tracer@2133Mhz 11-12-12-26  DRIVES-Kingston V300 60Gb, OCZ trion 100 120Gb, WD Red 1Tb
2nd  fastest i5 4670k in GPUPI for CPU - 100M

Got up this morning and it was a little chilly, so I decided to run Firestrike Extreme and Firestrike Ultra again.  New #1 scores for 2 x 970s.  Love these cards.  Core at 1610, memory at 2080.  I'd like to push the overall to 6200+ on Ultra, but the CPU wasn't cooperating with me this morning.

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/6431163

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/6431218

LlRTwtN.jpg

L5SkZXh.jpg

GPU: 1080 FTW PSU: EVGA SuperNova 1000P2 / EVGA SuperNova 750P2  SSD: 512GB Samsung 950 PRO
HD: 2 x 1TB WD Black in RAID 0  Cooling: Custom cooling loop on CPU and GPU  OS: Windows 10

Your ex 970 could do more than 1600 on air. I bet it could do about the same under water.

well yeah of course, but his is insane too.

Imagine his card SLI'd with my old one <3

Got up this morning and it was a little chilly, so I decided to run Firestrike Extreme and Firestrike Ultra again.  New #1 scores for 2 x 970s.  Love these cards.  Core at 1610, memory at 2080.  I'd like to push the overall to 6200+ on Ultra, but the CPU wasn't cooperating with me this morning.

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/6431163

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/6431218

LlRTwtN.jpg

L5SkZXh.jpg

bump your vring to 1.35v and try for 3.7-4Ghz cache, since you don't have OC socket doubt you'll break 4g though.

What kit of ram do you have? Is it Hynix MFR/AFR or Samsung based.

bump your vring to 1.35v and try for 3.7-4Ghz cache, since you don't have OC socket doubt you'll break 4g though.

What kit of ram do you have? Is it Hynix MFR/AFR or Samsung based.

Yeah, I haven't messed with the ring ratio on the CPU yet.  I need to play around with it.

My cards have the Elpida memory.  I have to keep them REAL cool in order to run over 2050....

yeah my card sucks. It can't go past 1580 w/o crashing. Idk what the mem can go up to.

For lulz....Cinebench must not put very much stress on the GPU.  

Od3iGaA.jpg

I guess I got a bad G1 Gaming card as i cant get core  past +150 without getting artifacts

http://s1382.photobucket.com/user/Martins_Plostnieks/media/Untitled_zps09u5n4xd.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

ditch gigabyte's shit software and use one of my bios's.

MSI Afterburner is what I used on my G1.

ditch gigabyte's shit software and use one of my bios's.

MSI Afterburner is what I used on my G1.

how big is the risk to brick the card? 

how big is the risk to brick the card? 

0? you have two bios's

0? you have two bios's

so i  flashed it to the 1.275 one and still looks like i cant get past  the same core clock 

in Afterburner Core voltage is unavailable ? 

so i  flashed it to the 1.275 one and still looks like i cant get past  the same core clock 

in Afterburner Core voltage is unavailable ? 

settings > enable gpu voltage control.

the bios overrides voltage control anyway, looks like your card doesn't scale with volts

the bios overrides voltage control anyway, looks like your card doesn't scale with volts

starts to look like that - have exactly the same results that i have with 0 changes in voltage 

Confirmed my card yield 0 improvement from voltage increases. not a single mhz on top of what i can get out of it from stock 

finished valley at the exact same fps 67.9. 

guess my silicon lottery wasnt that good. 

Which BIOS was it again that stopped the G1 Gaming's fans from running at 100% during start up?

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

The 1.3V bios does not work for me it looks like . The voltage never goes over 1.275v.

Another weird thing is that i was able to push core to +170 stable at +50mv core and 130 power limit but then the weird part happened.
As soon as i started to increase memory speed ( even by +100) it started to have artifacts and stutters, it even crashed a couple of times.

And the results with somewhat stable core clock gave me only +155 core and +500mem. that yield  the same performance as what i can achieve on stock voltages with +150 core and +800 mem.

or +140 core and +900 mem. 

So does anyone have any idea how to get any more juice out of it or am i doomed with an average silicon? 

+140 core is not that great. But +900 mem is pretty large.

I did +150 core and +150 memory and it made a difference in Valley.

+140 core is not that great. But +900 mem is pretty large.

I did +150 core and +150 memory and it made a difference in Valley.

hmm I actually think its a glitch in the software but yeah 

it looks like i havent lucked out on silicon 

the memory is samsungs so that's good 

Yeah, I haven't messed with the ring ratio on the CPU yet.  I need to play around with it.

My cards have the Elpida memory.  I have to keep them REAL cool in order to run over 2050....

How do you keep your memory cooler? I can get my Samsung memory to 2063 with just the std EK Backplate.

Also do you have your set up on a test bench or in a case?

As all of my benching is done in my Define S case with the side shut. Just like this.

20150915_1043421.jpg

I'm going to give Valley a run when my SSD gets delivered & install Windows 7.

I think I only need 17 more points to get the highest score.

Then I have to hope for a cooler day, as it is coming into warmer weather here.

Or put it out in the family room in front of the Air Cond blowing 16c (61f) air onto it :)