GTX 970 Owners Club

ALSO YOU COPY MY BIOS'S INTO YOUR STOCK BIOS, NOT DIRECTLY FLASH IT. IF YOU DON'T FEEL SAFE DOING THIS JUST ASK ME TO MAKE YOU YOUR BIOS.

1.300v version http://bit.ly/1LH89RY

I really want to get beter overclockable bios, I guess the 1.3v would be good as the thermals are way within limits but I'm afraid I'll change the wrong thing. Do you think it could be possible that you make the bios for me?

Here is a download for my bios on my inno3D iChill GTX 970 air boss x3 http://www.mediafire.com/download/p4khqumqtlo8lwp/iChill_gtx_970_bios.rar

I included the original bios and the one I'm currently using with 0rpm mode enabled.

Someone once said: "Having a rollercoaster on a PC would be epic"

So threw a rollercoaster on my K'nex PC: Project Dragon Khan- K'nex rollercoaster PC build

I really want to get beter overclockable bios, I guess the 1.3v would be good as the thermals are way within limits but I'm afraid I'll change the wrong thing. Do you think it could be possible that you make the bios for me?

Here is a download for my bios on my inno3D iChill GTX 970 air boss x3 http://www.mediafire.com/download/p4khqumqtlo8lwp/iChill_gtx_970_bios.rar

I included the original bios and the one I'm currently using with 0rpm mode enabled.

A lot of the Inno3D and Galax cards I've tried to mod bios versions for ended up being locked at 1.212v.  Have you had someone try to up the voltage in your bios yet?

CPU: Ryzen 1600X @ 4.15ghz  MB: ASUS Crosshair VI Mem: 32GB GSkill TridenZ 3200
GPU: 1080 FTW PSU: EVGA SuperNova 1000P2 / EVGA SuperNova 750P2  SSD: 512GB Samsung 950 PRO
HD: 2 x 1TB WD Black in RAID 0  Cooling: Custom cooling loop on CPU and GPU  OS: Windows 10

O.o  5.2ghz on air?  I have serious doubts about that.....

Nh-D14 is way better than my H60 ( I could go up to 5Ghz ) and ivy puts out less heat than haswell.

CPU-delided i5-4670k@4.6Ghz 1.42v R.I.P (2013-2015) MOBO-Asus Maximus VI Gene GPU-Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming@1582Mhz core/3744Mhz memory COOLING-Corsair H60 RAM-1x8Gb Crucial ballistix tactical tracer@2133Mhz 11-12-12-26  DRIVES-Kingston V300 60Gb, OCZ trion 100 120Gb, WD Red 1Tb
2nd  fastest i5 4670k in GPUPI for CPU - 100M

A lot of the Inno3D and Galax cards I've tried to mod bios versions for ended up being locked at 1.212v.  Have you had someone try to up the voltage in your bios yet?

No I have not but looking at the stresstest results what I need is just a higher max power limit instead of higher voltage (so higher than 115%), what do I need to tweak to increase this?

So threw a rollercoaster on my K'nex PC: Project Dragon Khan- K'nex rollercoaster PC build

Nh-D14 is way better than my H60 ( I could go up to 5Ghz ) and ivy puts out less heat than haswell.

The Ivy's had a lower base clock, as well.  To get 5.2ghz on a 3770k, that's some serious cooling and volts.....  5ghz on any processor that Intel has put out, is some serious heat for an air cooler...it had to be running pretty hot.  

GPU: 1080 FTW PSU: EVGA SuperNova 1000P2 / EVGA SuperNova 750P2  SSD: 512GB Samsung 950 PRO
HD: 2 x 1TB WD Black in RAID 0  Cooling: Custom cooling loop on CPU and GPU  OS: Windows 10

No I have not but looking at the stresstest results what I need is just a higher max power limit instead of higher voltage (so higher than 115%), what do I need to tweak to increase this?

You should have someone do it for you....

http://www.overclock.net/t/1573308/nvidia-gtx-900-cards-custom-bios-upon-request

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9bWPCis6PSZX2daUGhrdnc1MWM/view

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

image_id_1459549.png

Mate. That Physics score just kills mine. Maybe I should have got that i7 instead of the i5 when I brought it.

And you memory goes that little bit higher as well.  Got me some work to do :)

Mate. That Physics score just kills mine. Maybe I should have got that i7 instead of the i5 when I brought it.

And you memory goes that little bit higher as well.  Got me some work to do :)

Oh mate, my new CPU slays it.

5820K at 4.9ghz.

image_id_1478268.jpeg

Hello!
First time poster longtime lurker..

Right now i'm rocking a 1.275mV OC' on my 970..

But I just watercooled it (with a Kraken g10 and a Corsair H55) so
now i'd like to push it a bit further! 

Something like 1.3mV

My numbers today are Core 1502 and Memory 4001.

This is my card; http://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/b3055/msi-gtx-970-ocv1.html

And here is my stock BIOS; GM204.rar

Hopefully someone wants to take this on!

Cheers

Hello!

First time poster longtime lurker..

Right now i'm rocking a 1.275mV OC' on my 970..

But I just watercooled it (with a Kraken g10 and a Corsair H55) so

now i'd like to push it a bit further! 

Something like 1.3mV

My numbers today are Core 1502 and Memory 4001.

This is my card; http://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/b3055/msi-gtx-970-ocv1.html

And here is my stock BIOS; GM204.rar

Hopefully someone wants to take this on!

Cheers

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9bWPCis6PSZWVF1bHR3bFdfVUE/view?usp=sharing

ez

Tell me if you need more TDP

The Ivy's had a lower base clock, as well. To get 5.2ghz on a 3770k, that's some serious cooling and volts..... 5ghz on any processor that Intel has put out, is some serious heat for an air cooler...it had to be running pretty hot.

3770k has the same base clock as my 4670k and voltage regulator that is on haswell CPU's is located on motherboard for ivy. That makes ivy to put out less heat and also makes the CPU to tolerate higher voltage. But to settle this, @Gofspar what cooler were you using for 5.2Ghz OC?

CPU-delided i5-4670k@4.6Ghz 1.42v R.I.P (2013-2015) MOBO-Asus Maximus VI Gene GPU-Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming@1582Mhz core/3744Mhz memory COOLING-Corsair H60 RAM-1x8Gb Crucial ballistix tactical tracer@2133Mhz 11-12-12-26  DRIVES-Kingston V300 60Gb, OCZ trion 100 120Gb, WD Red 1Tb

Thanks, I'll try to put this on it my gpu in about an hour or so, did you also increase the TDP? Nvm, I noticed you didn't so I did it myself after some googling.

EDIT: Flashed the card, going to overclock it now although I did notice it can't go over 260 watts eventhough I set it to 290 watts, I'll probably have to do the shunting.

3770k has the same base clock as my 4670k and voltage regulator that is on haswell CPU's is located on motherboard for ivy. That makes ivy to put out less heat and also makes the CPU to tolerate higher voltage. But to settle this, @Gofspar what cooler were you using for 5.2Ghz OC?

You can't compare an Ivy to a Haswell anyway, or an i7 to an i5 either.  Ivy's were 22nm, and Haswell is 14nm.  And, an i7 uses hyperthreading which creates more heat.  The only thing similar about them, is that they're a CPU.....

Not saying that 5.2ghz would be IMPOSSIBLE on air with a 3770k, but it's highly unlikely.  And if it did do it, it was probably delidded, fans running at max, and it was still probably hot enough to cook an egg with just benchmark kinda loads.  5.2ghz is what I would call a "suicide run benchmark clock", because the volts and heat would be FAR greater than you'd EVER want to see for any extended period of time.

You can't compare an Ivy to a Haswell anyway, or an i7 to an i5 either. Ivy's were 22nm, and Haswell is 14nm. And, an i7 uses hyperthreading which creates more heat. The only thing similar about them, is that they're a CPU.....

Not saying that 5.2ghz would be IMPOSSIBLE on air with a 3770k, but it's highly unlikely. And if it did do it, it was probably delidded, fans running at max, and it was still probably hot enough to cook an egg with just benchmark kinda loads. 5.2ghz is what I would call a "suicide run benchmark clock", because the volts and heat would be FAR greater than you'd EVER want to see for any extended period of time.

Ivy and haswell are both 22nm.... If I had 3770k and Nh-D14 I could prove that it's doable ( also depends from silicone lottery ).

Ivy and haswell are both 22nm.... If I had 3770k and Nh-D14 I could prove that it's doable ( also depends from silicone lottery ).

I thought Haswell was 14....is it Skylake that's 14?  

Like I said....didn't say it wasn't possible.  Just catastrophically stupid.....

And...judging by the picture, the CPUz says 1.6v....that's some high quality air cooling.  Nah, kidding.  Air won't cool that.

Thanks, I'll try to put this on it my gpu in about an hour or so, did you also increase the TDP? Nvm, I noticed you didn't so I did it myself after some googling.

EDIT: Flashed the card, going to overclock it now although I did notice it can't go over 260 watts eventhough I set it to 290 watts, I'll probably have to do the shunting.

yep, thats why I didn't change it.

You can't compare an Ivy to a Haswell anyway, or an i7 to an i5 either.  Ivy's were 22nm, and Haswell is 14nm.  And, an i7 uses hyperthreading which creates more heat.  The only thing similar about them, is that they're a CPU.....

Not saying that 5.2ghz would be IMPOSSIBLE on air with a 3770k, but it's highly unlikely.  And if it did do it, it was probably delidded, fans running at max, and it was still probably hot enough to cook an egg with just benchmark kinda loads.  5.2ghz is what I would call a "suicide run benchmark clock", because the volts and heat would be FAR greater than you'd EVER want to see for any extended period of time.

???????? haswell is 22nm so is ivy, it's only a 100mhz IPC difference iirc.

Kraken x61, CPU was delidded.

Okay found out why my overclocking to 1660mhz is not scoring so well... In scene 6 of valley my card isn't being used fully during that entire scene either its my CPU or something is wrong with the card. I'll have to wait until january until I can test out the card on my i5 system as the i5 is all air.  :(

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

???????? haswell is 22nm so is ivy, it's only a 100mhz IPC difference iirc.

Yes, I was mistaken and corrected it.  = )

I got it up to 1660/4201 but had a crash about 1h15 minutes in, tuned it down to 1608/4020 and its been running 

Heaven now for 50 minutes and I have yet hit 50°c on the card! 45-47 is where it's at.

Love it! 

Thank you so much again Gofspar!

P.s Everyone with a 970 should get the Kraken G10.. What a lift from the stock cooler.. 

My previous temps were; Idle 55° and Load 90-94° (In a well ventilated case, 3xNoctua NF-F12 IN and 3xNoctua NF-F12 Out)

Cheers!

P.s Sry for double post... D.s