290x can perform only 50 fps in wow on ultra...

ti1m

so basicly the title says it all.. I had no problem running any game on ultra. But when it comes to wow (or other games) i get random fps drops to like 30. Now if i go ultra on wow avrage fps is 50 in low population area... 

I never oced my gpu

got 4770k

8 gigs of ram

GPU is 290x dC2 from asus

da fuq with this gpu...

>WaRRioR_ would like quake full and final....will trade vital organs.\"

5960x, rampage v extreme, 2x 16Gb ddr4 g skil 2400mhz ram, 2x 2tb black WD, 4x samsung pro 256Gb, 3x gtx 980 evga superclocked, Corsair ax1200w, define r4, noctua nhd15, 4x dell u2412m....

the same would be even on a hd 7850. its a cpu bound game. since you have the best cpu for cpu bound games there`s nothing more to do .except overclock

check your gpu usage i doubt its more than 60%

Edited by s3ns3

Weird, i have almost the same specifications and i get 120+ frames with the extended render distance add on.

"I fart in your general direction" -The Frenchmen

CPU bound game indeed.

Check to see if you don't have bitcoin miner Malware installed on your pc which is hogging performance.

You have to do this manually by pressing CTRL + ALT + Delete and checking in the processes for any strange things.

Just like s3ns3 said if you are not overclocking that cpu that is the problem.  WOW is cpu bound.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Have you checked temperatures? Malware? Other programs running in the background that are causing 100% cpu usage? Any unusual things happening?

"I fart in your general direction" -The Frenchmen

Even if you had the best of the best CPU and GPU you're still going to see big FPS dips in WoW, its just an old engine that's doing a lot more than it was initially meant to do. I have a 4770k+780 and i still get drops down into the 40's and sometimes the 30's if the city im in is totally packed or in a world boss type situation with 40+ people in my field of view.

forget bf4, shadow of mordor and crysis 3, WOW the true test for your pc lol

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

Have you checked temperatures? Malware? Other programs running in the background that are causing 100% cpu usage? Any unusual things happening?

i did furrmark for 12h no problem. but gpu does declock himself.

5960x, rampage v extreme, 2x 16Gb ddr4 g skil 2400mhz ram, 2x 2tb black WD, 4x samsung pro 256Gb, 3x gtx 980 evga superclocked, Corsair ax1200w, define r4, noctua nhd15, 4x dell u2412m....

Play around with drivers... seems pretty common. The battle.net/wow forums show a lot of people with R9 290 getting oddly low framerates, while some others get extremely high frames.

Intel i5-4690K @ 3.8GHz || Gigabyte Z97X-SLI || 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600MHz || Asus GTX 760 2GB @ 1150 / 6400 || 128GB A-Data SX900 + 1TB Toshiba 7200RPM || Corsair RM650 || Fractal 3500W

Even if you had the best of the best CPU and GPU you're still going to see big FPS dips in WoW, its just an old engine that's doing a lot more than it was initially meant to do. I have a 4770k+780 and i still get drops down into the 40's and sometimes the 30's if the city im in is totally packed or in a world boss type situation with 40+ people in my field of view.

thats the point i am in my garison wich is empty and i get drops.

Play around with drivers... seems pretty common. The battle.net/wow forums show a lot of people with R9 290 getting oddly low framerates, while some others get extremely high frames.

did reinstal.

With the release of 6.1 they did many graphic changes. If you messed with the rendering scaling it kills you FPS. 

They added HBAO+. If you have SSAO on ultra. it's running HBAO+. I'm not sure how AMD cards perform with HBAO+.

Also play with the new Anti-Aliasing settings. Some of the new settings kill FPS. I run MSAA 8x.

CPU: 3770K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU: GTX 1080Ti SLI | Ram: 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | Storage: 2x Samsung 840 pros | Case: Corsair 650D | Cooler:  Corsair H100i with Noctus NF-F12 fans | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q

i remembered that i saw wow fps in a linus video recently. here to be exact http://youtu.be/4HBryqtNAGQ?t=5m6s

i have no ideea about wow benchmarks or performance recently i stopped playing a long time ago however seems that nvida is better for wow 

however the fps drops are from the cpu 100% sure . its good you have intel ,on amd cpus it drops way more.

i remembered that i saw wow fps in a linus video recently. here to be exact http://youtu.be/4HBryqtNAGQ?t=5m6s

i have no ideea about wow benchmarks or performance recently i stopped playing a long time ago however seems that nvida is better for wow 

however the fps drops are from the cpu 100% sure . its good you have intel ,on amd cpus it drops way more.

so what to do now? i kinda need fps... i am kinda hardcore raider...

Check using Afterburner to see if it's underclocking itself

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

so what to do now? i kinda need fps... i am kinda hardcore raider...

overclock the cpu

With the release of 6.1 they did many graphic changes. If you messed with the rendering scaling it kills you FPS. 

They added HBAO+. If you have SSAO on ultra. it's running HBAO+. I'm not sure how AMD cards perform with HBAO+.

Also play with the new Anti-Aliasing settings. Some of the new settings kill FPS. I run MSAA 8x.

post-16048-0-28486600-1425816956.png

overclock the cpu

got no real experiance with that i did use asus software from Rog board but if i go render or i play for longer hours i get crash. Cpu usage is only 18 % tho for wow.

yeah it does. I tryed to fix it with fresh instal of drivers no help.

like i said its a cpu bound game. ofc a 290x underclocks itself because it sits there doing nothing.even a 750Ti/hd 7850 underclocks in wow. the gpu usage is low.

like i said its a cpu bound game. ofc a 290x underclocks itself because it sits there doing nothing.even a 750Ti/hd 7850 underclocks in wow. the gpu usage is low.

evry game i play gpu underclocks. I get like 35 fps in euro truck simulator. and drops to 30-40 fps in lol.

@ti1m AMD cards have a power limit defaulted to 0,. this is not ensuring 100% performance,...use +20 up to +50, so they will not declock as fast or as low.

This does not OC or add voltage at all, just lets the card use all of its available power and does not declock in stressful power hungry operations.

You can set this in MSI Afterburner or Catalyst control panel, whichever you use as your primary tool.

Set Power Limit +20, open GPUZ and run WOW, check GPU clocks in GPUZ, they shouldn't declock as much hopefully not at all.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

yeah it does. I tryed to fix it with fresh instal of drivers no help.

Yeah, it might be the stupid bug where if you have a 2D program running in the background it will underclock itself to 2D clock speeds. Follow this guide to fix it: http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/updated-amd-ati-2d-clock-guide.117633/

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15