PAX presentation overview

Grrizz

It was short but sweet (apart from the 1 1/2 lead up :rolleyes:)

- Star Citizen 1.1.0 (no longer just Arena Commander) with REC to spend at the Electronic Access (EA) store (Acquired by Origin and relegated to a rental store front lol) due next Tuesday
- Multiplayer free flight mode

- Gimbal mount rework - Size 2 and above can be gimballed but will only hold 1 size under the mounts spec if gimballed as a trade off between power and accuracy.
- New damage states with procedural system (https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14568-Design-The-New-Damage-System)
- Retaliator "hangar ready" reveal, she's a beauty (https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14566-Reintroducing-The-Aegis-Retaliator)
- Animation update, looking much smoother (reason for FPS module being delayed for 2-3 weeks - still this month)
- "Star Marine" made by interDimensional (ID) software aka the FPS module in the simpod - 2 levels: Space station, up to 8v8 and the zero-G sports arena, up to 16v16 (SC1.1.1)

The sports arena FPS module was demoed live and playable by the attendees afterwards (and it worked! :o), it did seem a little under populated with 4v4 but it looks like the sort of thing that once you get to 8v8 or above it will become quite tactical, 8v8 and under is probably better suited for the space station.

Social module preview coming next week at SXSW (SC1.1.2), aiming for an early April release.

http://www.twitch.tv/badnewsbaron/v/3874464 <- starts at 2:30

Wasn't to impressed this year... Could have saved myself $15

Intel 2500K @ 5GHz,Corsair H100i, MSI Z68 GD65, GTX 970 STRIX, 16GB G Skill Sniper, Seasonic X750, 250 GB Samsung 840pro SSDs in Raid 0, Corsair 650D.

Wasn't to impressed this year... Could have saved myself $15

It was definitely a lot shorter than I expected but IIRC they didn't do SXSW last year so it seems this time they have split the content with them being on 2 back to back weeks :(

Did you happen to get a chance to play any FPS?

I did get to play a bit of the FPS (the Ender's Game level), I got 1 kill and 1 death then handed it over to my buddy and let him try. It plays kinda of exactly how it looks, really stiff and robotic, I'm hoping by release they squeeze some more animations in there to give everything a bit more fluidity. Chris mentioned them having to use a in house server and not being able to take advantage of the PTU version (due to internet restrictions) so I'm hoping that the version they showed was an earlier build. I really wish I got a chance to play the space station level (I forget the name) I'm more interested in seeing how the traditional FPS feels until the zero-g / battle arena is in a better state. 

Intel 2500K @ 5GHz,Corsair H100i, MSI Z68 GD65, GTX 970 STRIX, 16GB G Skill Sniper, Seasonic X750, 250 GB Samsung 840pro SSDs in Raid 0, Corsair 650D.

I did get to play a bit of the FPS (the Ender's Game level), I got 1 kill and 1 death then handed it over to my buddy and let him try. It plays kinda of exactly how it looks, really stiff and robotic, I'm hoping by release they squeeze some more animations in there to give everything a bit more fluidity. Chris mentioned them having to use a in house server and not being able to take advantage of the PTU version (due to internet restrictions) so I'm hoping that the version they showed was an earlier build. I really wish I got a chance to play the space station level (I forget the name) I'm more interested in seeing how the traditional FPS feels until the zero-g / battle arena is in a better state. 

Its also worth pointing out that it took them half a year to get the dogfighting as it is today, although I did enjoy day one arena commander.

I hope the automatic aim gimbal comes back at some point but with a significant nerf to them.

Its also worth pointing out that it took them half a year to get the dogfighting as it is today, although I did enjoy day one arena commander.

I hope the automatic aim gimbal comes back at some point but with a significant nerf to them.

Yea I realize this, I know it will be awesome in the long run, but the build they were playing was rough. I feel that it is in a better state than when AC first launched, illfonic has definitive busted their ass.

Also gimbaled weapons were mentioned and will be coming back completely reworked, possibly in 1.1, I don't really remember exactly which patch.