Vivaldi: A new browser for power users

DevilishBooster

I'm definitely going to be trying out the technical preview if possible. I love the idea of a truly customizable web browser. I was never a big fan of Opera, so it'll be interesting to see how they re-hashed the concept to cater to power users.

http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/03/hands-on-with-vivaldi-the-new-web-browser-for-power-users/

The power user's current solution to the simplification, arguably the infantilization, of the Web browser interface is to get all those missing features back with add-ons. This works to a degree, but it introduces a ton of extra code, some of it written by programmers far less capable than those contributing to the code of Firefox or Chromium. This inevitably means add-ons slow things down.

post-63986-0-32074200-1425652391.png

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

I'm gonna be sticking with Chrome Beta for the time being

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

I'm really liking what I'm seeing with this browser. I loved Opera 12 and am looking forward to switching to Vivaldi in the future.

I will be sticking with Firefox developer edition.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I like how it looks, excited to see where this goes. :)

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Firefox will always be the best, but I will keep my eye out on this. It might end up being something I need to switch to. But if it looks like that forever, then hell no.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Isn't that the 12th Doctor's last name in the recent Doctor Who series? I'm sure it was Peter Vivaldi.....oh no, wait, it's Peter Capaldi. My mistake. :D JK

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

tried it, but still meh for me.

#FirefoxMasterRace

I just downloaded it. (I still prefer Chrome because no one really like change  :lol:) 

It is cool, like it changes color with the site, however it was kinda lagy when loading pages, there is most likely a fix for this (however I was using 32-bit because 64-bit was experimental) so that is probably why. I think when it fully comes out it will be amazing and I think I might switch to it when it has finished being tested. (Also SpeedDial is on it so that is a GREAT feature because I cannot live without speed-dial)  :lol:

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

I just downloaded it. (I still prefer Chrome because no one really like change  :lol:) 

It is cool, like it changes color with the site, however it was kinda lagy when loading pages, there is most likely a fix for this (however I was using 32-bit because 64-bit was experimental) so that is probably why. I think when it fully comes out it will be amazing and I think I might switch to it when it has finished being tested. (Also SpeedDial is on it so that is a GREAT feature because I cannot live without speed-dial)  :lol:

Yeah, I downloaded it right after I posted this and I'm liking what I've seen so far. I think I'm going to make it my daily drive for a couple weeks and dig into the corners to really explore what it's capable of. Unfortunately, I'm not seeing a way to apply AdBlock (but they probably haven't compiled a compatible version yet).

END OF LINE

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

Yeah, I downloaded it right after I posted this and I'm liking what I've seen so far. I think I'm going to make it my daily drive for a couple weeks and dig into the corners to really explore what it's capable of. Unfortunately, I'm not seeing a way to apply AdBlock (but they probably haven't compiled a compatible version yet).

Yeah, hopefully people start using it when it comes out (fully) and then a lot of Apps will be available for it which would be great. 

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

Yeah, hopefully people start using it when it comes out (fully) and then a lot of Apps will be available for it which would be great. 

Personally, I'll be happy with it as long as it doesn't eat up a ton a resources and cause system freezes in 8.1 like Chrome does.

END OF LINE

I'm at School at the moment on my Chromebook a.k.a. (Synonym For Feces) book. I am definitely check this out later today when I get home. Note: Censorship because they are watching me.

Rich Purnell Is A Steely-Eyed Missile Man

I'm at School at the moment on my Chromebook a.k.a. (Synonym For Feces) book. I am definitely check this out later today when I get home. Note: Censorship because they are watching me.

Hahah 

You're using a Chromebook... :D

post-63986-0-43621200-1425654297.png

loljk

END OF LINE

It's still Chrome based, not touching anything infested by Google. Sticking to Maxthon and that's that. Maxthon also has all the things I missed from post-google sellout Opera, so I'm not fussed.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

It's still Chrome based, not touching anything infested by Google. Sticking to Maxthon and that's that. Maxthon also has all the things I missed from post-google sellout Opera, so I'm not fussed.

Even being based on Chromium source code, I think there is a good chance that they have been/are going to cut and throw away the bits that make Chrome overbearing.

END OF LINE

How is mine a "repost" if I started my thread at 0833 (-6:00 GMT) and you started yours at 0901 (-6:00 GMT)?

EDIT: You're claiming a "repost" for something you talked about back in Jan? Totally different articles...

END OF LINE

I've been using it for about an hour now, and I already had one instance of my entire PC freezing up for about 60 seconds. I also discovered an annoying glitch where it would "go back one page" if I hit Backspace while typing a reply in the forum. Not sure if that the fault of the browser or just compatibility with the forum hosting program. Looks like I'll be sticking with Firefox for now...

END OF LINE

I've been using it for about an hour now, and I already had one instance of my entire PC freezing up for about 60 seconds. I also discovered an annoying glitch where it would "go back one page" if I hit Backspace while typing a reply in the forum. Not sure if that the fault of the browser or just compatibility with the forum hosting program. Looks like I'll be sticking with Firefox for now...

Hmmm, I hope it gets better. It looks cool. 

Old news...

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |