Drooling over the ROG Swift, still...

Vfo

So I've had my eyes on the swift since the announcement, but kept waiting for the price to drop, and now I'm waiting for alternatives since it's still rather expensive.

It does however bring all I really want.

Thin bezels really makes me happy

G-Sync seems interesting even though I don't do much gaming

1440p @ 27"

will run it at 120-144hz (first time using this, so excited)

and red fits my build theme, just to top it off

Am I just being stubborn on the price?

Is there anything else I should consider?

PS: Acer doesn't interest me, Countless bad experiences  :(

For 1440P 144Hz Gsync, The Swift is the only current option. Acer is releasing a 1440p 144Hz similar-to-IPS panel at some point. But if you're against buying Acer, you really don't have a choice but the expensive Swift. 

EDIT: If you're not gaming much, don't even consider the Swift. Its primary use is a gaming monitor, so 144Hz and G-Sync would be useless for you. There's nice IPS 4K panels for cheaper. 

Acer doesn't interest me, Countless bad experiences  :(

other companies are doing similar things to the Acer, if you can wait!

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

The ROG swift bring literally everything anyone could ever want (Besides IPS)

Why are you even thinking about this monitor if you don't game? You will benefit more from a great looking IPS if you don't game..

Why do you need 144Hz if you don't do much gaming?

I don't need it, but I'm interested in trying it. Dragging windows without seeing 60FPS dragging would make me smile. I do play games every now and then, but nothing that requires 60+

I don't need it, but I'm interested in trying it. Dragging windows without seeing 60FPS dragging would make me smile. I do play games every now and then, but nothing that requires 60+

So you are going to get much more expensive monitor to get smoother windows dragging? I am simracer and I have 60 Hz :D

So you are going to get much more expensive monitor to get smoother windows dragging? I am simracer and I have 60 Hz :D

It will make me feel good about my purchase even if it might be 'overkill' in some aspect. It's just too damn good. I want one. The alternatives are too slow to arrive hnnng. At this point I might as well flip a coin about either strapping myself to a chair for a month or just ordering one.

It will make me feel good about my purchase even if it might be 'overkill' in some aspect. It's just too damn good. I want one. The alternatives are too slow to arrive hnnng. At this point I might as well flip a coin about either strapping myself to a chair for a month or just ordering one.

Getting 144Hz monitor is supidif you are not gaming but I don't judge you, I would do the same if I could :D I still use 1080p 21,5'' 60Hz VGA monitor D:

There are cheaper 144Hz panels if you really want smooth dragging. GSync is nice, but it's not worth the money just to try it. It's only worth it if you play games a lot. 

acer xr341ck...  ill just leave this here

Just bought one, should get it Friday and cannot wait :D

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

as far as I know acer uses Samsung panels in their 1440p and 4k screen. can't go wrong there. I was always an Asus slag for monitors now I'm an Acer convert

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

acer xr341ck...  ill just leave this here

^^this

Or if you decide you don't need G-Sync and 144Hz get a LG 34UM95

CPU i5-4690K(OC to 4.4Ghz) CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken x41 Motherboard MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Memory G.Skillz Ripjaws X 16gb 2133 Video Card MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X           Case NZXT H440 Power Supply XFX XTR 750W Modular Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250gb/Seagate Barracuda 2TB Monitor Acer XB270HU G-Sync http://pcpartpicker.com/b/3CkTwP

^^this

Or if you decide you don't need G-Sync and 144Hz get a LG 34UM95

*snip*

I never cared for 21:9 at all, and still don't, I think? However. after watching that, I think I'll have to at least go to the store to see this one in person. It might just fit my needs in a different way, Just need to get another stand for it I guess.

Interesting!

The LG 34um95 is an impressive monitor..  Wish I had the money for one.

CPU:I5-6600k@4.5ghz/AMD FX8350 CPU Cooler:Croyrig H5u/CM Hyper 212evo GPU:Sapphire Nitro Fury/MSI R290 Gamer Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-Z170x Gaming5/Gigabyte 990fxa ud3 Memory:16g Gskillddr4 3000/16gb Gskill Ripjaws DDR2400 HardDrives:Samsung 850evo m.2 250gig/Samsung 850 Pro 120gig, WD 1tb Black Monitor: LG29um55

I never cared for 21:9 at all, and still don't, I think? However. after watching that, I think I'll have to at least go to the store to see this one in person. It might just fit my needs in a different way, Just need to get another stand for it I guess.

Interesting!

21:9 isnt really for everyone, but most people (including me) want to convert to 21:9 as soon as we stand before 1 for a while :P If you have a store near your place that have one on display, go check it out, see if it fit you or not

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log

First off... Do you have the equipment to even run G-Sync or a monitor above 60hz?

With the swift (correct me if I'm wrong) you are paying for the G-sync... G-sync itself won't help your stuttery-window dragging (the higher frequency will), but G-Sync will reduce/eliminate screen tearing in game. If you just want something with high refresh rate there are surely cheaper options...

If you just feel the need to buy a swift, I know a gamer you can send it to that will trade you for a simple 240hz tv panel and everyone is happy...

But please don't be the D-bag that buys a Ferrari and only drives it to the grocery store and back doing 10 under the speed limit; No one likes that guy...

You already know that you don't need it and won't use the extra features you are paying for...

If you don't then you need to do more research before posting here... it is a $1000 gaming monitor with new tech created specifically for twitch gaming... and you don't game...............

Current System Specs:

MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming     CPU: Intel i5 9600k      GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 ti FTW Ultra Silent    PSU: EVGA 750 G2 80+ gold

Ram:  16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200    Storage: 500 GB Samsung 970 EVO/ 4TB WD Blue Case: Corsair 275R-White

First off... Do you have the equipment to even run G-Sync or a monitor above 60hz?

With the swift (correct me if I'm wrong) you are paying for the G-sync... G-sync itself won't help your stuttery-window dragging (the higher frequency will), but G-Sync will reduce/eliminate screen tearing in game. If you just want something with high refresh rate there are surely cheaper options...

If you just feel the need to buy a swift, I know a gamer you can send it to that will trade you for a simple 240hz tv panel and everyone is happy...

But please don't be the D-bag that buys a Ferrari and only drives it to the grocery store and back doing 10 under the speed limit; No one likes that guy...

You already know that you don't need it and won't use the extra features you are paying for...

If you don't then you need to do more research before posting here... it is a $1000 gaming monitor with new tech created specifically for twitch gaming... and you don't game...............

My hardware is capable of running this.

I don't play games more than maybe 3 hrs a week, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy this monitor while I do that, and also while just doing work or simply browsing.

I adore the slim bezles, and I'm eager to experience both higher refresh rates and higher resolutions - this is a hobby. For the few games I do play, or might play in the future when I have time - G-Sync should still be a thing.

I don't want a TV.

While the price is what keeps me from just buying it and seeing it for myself, I'm more concerned about getting something that will make me enjoy it every single day I use it, regardless of it being either in games or while browsing the web or anything else.

While it is a $1k monitor, it's still a monitor - it can do other things than show games.

Haven't had the chance to see this or the 34um95 in person yet. I will when I get back home in 2 weeks time.

If you have a budget of 1k $ for a monitor... its a grave mistake not to wait for the acer xr341ck. a few months is nothing...