$750 AU build (WARNING: only pro builders can enter this forum as this will be a difficult challenge)

Nah, I was telling you telling you to once again retreat to your safe place... like for another month.

The graphs were for Teemo, to demonstrate an example of what a Pentium can't and can do.

Graphs of Graphics cards, to show what a CPU can/can't do.

That is undoubtedly the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

"Hey let's post a graph of graphics card benchmarks to represent a CPU"

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/6F7sBm

I believe i have won so far

That's almost the exact same as mine :P

But seriously. There is no logic in this thread. Get out while you still can!

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Nah, I was telling you telling you to once again retreat to your safe place... like for another month.

The graphs were for Teemo, to demonstrate an example of what a Pentium can't and can do.

How can you willingly recommend somebody throw their money in the toilet like this? Are you delusional or do you just not look at benchmarks?

http://techreport.com/review/26735/overclocking-intel-pentium-g3258-anniversary-edition-processor/3

The pentium when overclocked is a beast performing slightly under i7's. Please research what we're talking about before shitposting like this.

i5 4690K @ 4.5Ghz | OC'd XFX R9 290 | 8GB DDR3-1600 | 1TB HDD, 250GB SSD | Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H | 650W Rosewill PSU | Rosewill Thor White V2 Case | Windows 8.1 | 1440p 144Hz Freesync 27" |1080p 60Hz 24"

How can you willingly recommend somebody throw their money in the toilet like this? Are you delusional or do you just not look at benchmarks?

http://techreport.com/review/26735/overclocking-intel-pentium-g3258-anniversary-edition-processor/3

The pentium when overclocked is a beast performing slightly under i7's. Please research what we're talking about before shitposting like this.

You are right.

Oh look, I was wrong...somewhat:

bf4-fr.png

grid-fr.png

metro-fr.png

tombraider-fr.png

metro-fr.png

I fail to see why we were arguing over something that affects the FPS so little anyways.

price/performance the g3258 would win (if you're looking at FPS, considering it doesn't change much).

Graphs of Graphics cards, to show what a CPU can/can't do.

That is undoubtedly the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

"Hey let's post a graph of graphics card benchmarks to represent a CPU"

Actually, I wanted him to see what the 260X is about more than the processor.  But you know, you have gone to the trouble to post how much evidence?

Opinion means you believe something to be true based on some evidence you have.  I am trying to state that your "opinion" is wrong and therefore not required.

You are seriously pushing for a Pentium over an i5?

saying someones opinion is wrong is like saying someones taste in music is bad. 

while you may not like hardcore satanic black metal with gory lyrics, they do. while you may not agree with thier opinion, you dont have to...

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Actually, I wanted him to see what the 260X is about more than the processor. But you know, you have gone to the trouble to post how much evidence?

Here we go again with the cancer.

Now that we have proof (thanks to you) that the CPU doesn't affect the FPS too much, let's compare the 260x to the 270.

WOULD YOU LOOK AT ALL THAT EVIDENCE

http://www.techspot.com/review/722-radeon-r9-270x-r7-260x/page3.html

BF3_02.png

Crysis_01.png

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-4160 3.6GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($149.00 @ Centre Com)
Motherboard: MSI H97M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($105.00 @ Centre Com)
Memory: Kingston 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($89.00 @ Umart)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($69.00 @ Umart)
Video Card: MSI Radeon R7 265 2GB Video Card  ($169.00 @ CPL Online)
Case: Silverstone PS08B (Black) MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($44.00 @ Umart)
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($78.00 @ CPL Online)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer  ($19.00 @ CPL Online)
Total: $722.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-04 19:12 EST+1100

how is this?

the i3 is a stronger processor than the Pentium even in the locked nature

the R7 265 is comparable to the GTX750Ti

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

OH MY GOD THERE ARE LIKE 5 GAMES THAT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF MORE THAN TWO THREADS DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS THIS MEANS ALL GAMES NOW REQUIRE 4 CORES WHETHER THEY'RE SLOWER OR NOT OH MY GOD LETS ALL IGNORE THE VIDEO LINUS DID ON THIS WHEN THE G3258 CAME OUT OOOHH MYYY GLOBBBB

-this thread. 

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($69.00 @ Umart)

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($78.00 @ CPL Online)

how is this?

faily well balanced. :D 

-Jim Hensen

how is this?

I was going to say "Where's SAV1OUR when you need him?!" But you'll do as well :P

saying someones opinion is wrong is like saying someones taste in music is bad. 

while you may not like hardcore satanic black metal with gory lyrics, they do. while you may not agree with thier opinion, you dont have to...

It was directed at the idea that opinions are wrong no matter how they are used.  If evidence is available present it, if it is not:  seek it. 

I can be wrong, and deal with it.  I can't be wrong and say things like:  "it was just my opinion".

It was directed at the idea that opinions are wrong no matter how they are used.  If evidence is available present it, if it is not seek it. 

I can be wrong, and deal with it.  I can't be wrong and say things like:  "it was just my opinion".

not at all what i was saying......

-Jim Hensen

@Jerakyl  I owe you an apology.  I went back to discover I snapped at you, without warrant.

Sucks to be wrong, and I was in the wrong... in more than one way.

I have a hard time with the Pentium as a $90 placeholder, but compared to my previous build, it is better than a $155 R7 260X placeholder... and you get a real power supply out of it:

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($89.00 @ CPL Online)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280 3GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($259.00 @ CPL Online)
Case: Cooler Master Elite 334U ATX Mid Tower Case  ($45.00 @ Umart)
Power Supply: Corsair 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($99.00 @ IJK)
Total: $755.00
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-04 19:39 EST+1100

Damn, I come back and its 6 pages latter, and pretty much all the possibilities I was thinking of already put forward.

:ph34r: Ninjad

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I award these two men for ther hard work for telling me which build is better. It seems the pentium is as good as the i7 and somehow better than a i5.

stconqest

Jeramy

THE TRUE PROS

I have a hard time with the Pentium as a $90 placeholder, but compared to my previous build, it is better than a $155 R7 260X placeholder... and you get a real power supply out of it:

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor ($89.00 @ CPL Online)

Motherboard: MSI H97M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($105.00 @ Centre Com)

Memory: Kingston 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($89.00 @ Umart)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.00 @ Umart)

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280 3GB WINDFORCE Video Card ($259.00 @ CPL Online)

Case: Cooler Master Elite 334U ATX Mid Tower Case ($45.00 @ Umart)

Power Supply: Corsair 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($99.00 @ IJK)

Total: $755.00

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-04 19:39 EST+1100

So this is the best build for the money and its final? Any objections? Will this run 1080p gaming double AA and triple AAA titles which I don't know what it is xD:)

Damn, I come back and its 6 pages latter, and pretty much all the possibilities I was thinking of already put forward.

:ph34r: Ninjad

Hey man.

Is 500W enough and don't I need a cpu cooler cause I am super clocking the pentium. Can the motherboard withstand it. Can the cpu cooler handle it. I'm sorry I have a lot of questions but super clocking is stressing cause there could be a lot of bad things that can go wrong. HELP ME SENPAI

Is 500W enough and don't I need a cpu cooler cause I am super clocking the pentium. Can the motherboard withstand it. Can the cpu cooler handle it. I'm sorry I have a lot of questions but super clocking is stressing cause there could be a lot of bad things that can go wrong. HELP ME SENPAI

From my experience a 500W PSU is enought to run an i5 4440, 16GB RAM, a GTX 970 G1 Gaming with a +150MHz OC (the G1 gaming draws a lot of power when overclocked), 1TB HDD, 2x2.5" laptop HDD, 1xSSD. A 500W PSU should be ample.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

If up I get a cpu cooler my budget will go higher so that's why I want to know if 500W is more than enough. I don't know if pcpartpicker wattage estimation is accurate.

From my experience a 500W PSU is enought to run an i5 4440, 16GB RAM, a GTX 970 G1 Gaming with a +150MHz OC (the G1 gaming draws a lot of power when overclocked), 1TB HDD, 2x2.5" laptop HDD, 1xSSD. A 500W PSU should be ample.

You dont have a 500W in your build