$750 AU build (WARNING: only pro builders can enter this forum as this will be a difficult challenge)

Opinion not required.

Feeling a little edgy are we?

I would've picked a slightly better GPU and a G3258. It's a gaming build, and a Pentium-K would be fine for gaming.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

He should not expect to get high settings 60fps on those games with this budget. The bottleneck will be on the GPU; not the CPU.

My original build could go for 60fps on high but now I can go higher than 60 with this new awesome build.

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/WWFmK8

Speechless m8

I would've picked a slightly better GPU and a G3258. It's a gaming build, and a Pentium-K would be fine for gaming.

How is he's build not the best. He added a i5 and better gpu that asus gtx 750 ti. The only thing is the optical drive but I'm fine with that.

There's compatibility stuff. Get another good motherboard that supports usb 3.0

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($249.00 @ CPL Online) 
Motherboard: MSI H97M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($105.00 @ Centre Com) 
Video Card: MSI Radeon R7 265 2GB Video Card  ($169.00 @ CPL Online) 
Case: Cooler Master N300 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($49.00 @ CPL Online) 
Total: $778.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-04 18:21 EST+1100

Opinion means you believe something to be true based on some evidence you have.  I am trying to state that your "opinion" is wrong and therefore not required.

You are seriously pushing for a Pentium over an i5?

How is he's build not the best. He added a i5 and better gpu that asus gtx 750 ti. The only thing is the optical drive but I'm fine with that.

Well to start, just because it's an i5 doesn't mean it's better for gaming.

At this point in time games don't really utilize more then 2 cores, it's all about that per core performance.

The i5 is locked, meaning that it's going to stay in the same place performance-wise. Something like the g3258 you can overclock if you feel your CPU is starting to bottleneck your GPU a bit.

As a rough estimate I'm going to say if you put in a G3258 and a 270 you could still keep it under 750 AUD. I don't know the prices there though. Just guessing.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Opinion means you believe something to be true based on some evidence you have.  I am trying to state that your "opinion" is wrong and therefore not required.

You are seriously pushing for a Pentium over an i5?

For gaming. Yes, I am.

As I mentioned earlier. The majority of games don't utilize more then 2 cores, it's more about the per core performance. Games, for the most part, don't use more then 2 cores. The G3258 has 2 cores, 2 overclockable cores. The i5 may have 4 cores, but they are locked.

At this point in time games don't really utilize more then 2 cores, it's all about that per core performance.

The i5 is locked, meaning that it's going to stay in the same place performance-wise. Something like the g3258 you can overclock if you feel your CPU is starting to bottleneck your GPU a bit.

As a rough estimate I'm going to say if you put in a G3258 and a 270 you could still keep it under 750 AUD. I don't know the prices there though. Just guessing.

I will come back tomorrow and prove you wrong.... too sleepy. :)

Jerak there is no opinion. The build conquest got is obviously factually better in many ways by doing the impossible. I might save up and work soon to get a higher budget. This is why I added conquest. Cause he's cool

For gaming. Yes, I am.

As I mentioned earlier. The majority of games don't utilize more then 2 cores, it's more about the per core performance. Games, for the most part, don't use more then 2 cores. The G3258 has 2 cores, 2 overclockable cores. The i5 may have 4 cores, but they are locked.

I was talking about this at school and my friend said that u need at least a i5 for gaming and your limiting your gpu with your i3 and I said a i3 is fully capable of 1080p gaming and will not bottleneck. I don't see anyone with a pentium . All I see is people with i5 and i7. (High end budget)

WE NEED LINUS OR LUKE.... HELP USSSS

Nah, they're busy :P

I'll see if I can come up with something real quick.

My original build could go for 60fps on high but now I can go higher than 60 with this new awesome build.

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/WWFmK8

Speechless m8

Sorry to break it to you dude, that's not going to achieve high 60fps in modern AAA titles.

http://techgage.com/article/sapphire-radeon-r7-260x-oc-2gb-graphics-card-review/3/This is with an i7 4690X and 32GB of RAM so expect even less.

i5 4690K @ 4.5Ghz | OC'd XFX R9 290 | 8GB DDR3-1600 | 1TB HDD, 250GB SSD | Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H | 650W Rosewill PSU | Rosewill Thor White V2 Case | Windows 8.1 | 1440p 144Hz Freesync 27" |1080p 60Hz 24"

I was talking about this at school and my friend said that u need at least a i5 for gaming and your limiting your gpu with your i3 and I said a i3 is fully capable of 1080p gaming and will not bottleneck. I don't see anyone with a pentium . All I see is people with i5 and i7. (High end budget)

your friend is wrong. You don't need necessarily need an i5 for gaming. You are correct that an i3 would potentially be fine for 1080p gaming. Does depend which games you're playing though.

This thread pretty much sums up why I left/took a break.

The G3258 doesn't even compare to the i5 4460, just because you can overclock the Pentium doesn't mean its a really good processor. Games are starting to require quad core CPU's like Far Cry 4. Also an i5 is going to hold up a lot better in the future than a dual core Pentium. Don't get me wrong the Pentium is still a good processor though.

Sorry to break it to you dude, that's not going to achieve high 60fps in modern AAA titles.

http://techgage.com/article/sapphire-radeon-r7-260x-oc-2gb-graphics-card-review/3/This is with an i7 4690X and 32GB of RAM so expect even less.

They can't logic. Get out while you still can.

The i5 is better Teemo, but the GPU is going to cause you performance issues.  A 270 is better, but not really that good.  AAA title will start to be easier to play at 60FPS at around the R9 280 mark and above.

They can't logic. Get out while you still can.

CPU is so much more important than a GPU for gaming tho!111!!11 more corez more fps        /s

I definitely agree a pentium and a better GPU like a 280 is way better for price/performance on his budget. This thread is just making me sad.

i5 4690K @ 4.5Ghz | OC'd XFX R9 290 | 8GB DDR3-1600 | 1TB HDD, 250GB SSD | Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H | 650W Rosewill PSU | Rosewill Thor White V2 Case | Windows 8.1 | 1440p 144Hz Freesync 27" |1080p 60Hz 24"

CPU is so much more important than a GPU for gaming tho!111!!11 more corez more fps        /s

I definitely agree a pentium and a better GPU like a 280 is way better for price/performance on his budget. This thread is just making me sad.

This thread pretty much sums up why I asked for a 1 month ban.

Although at the budget a 270 would be more reasonable.

Look at this beautiful build I made! It even has a seasonic PSU!

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($89.00 @ CPL Online)

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($45.00 @ CPL Online)

Motherboard: Asus H81M-A Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($74.00 @ IJK)

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($91.00 @ IJK)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($69.00 @ Umart)

Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 270X 2GB Double Dissipation Video Card  ($219.00 @ CPL Online)

Case: Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($55.00 @ PCCaseGear)

Power Supply: SeaSonic 550W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  ($105.00 @ CPL Online)

Total: $747.00

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-04 18:47 EST+1100

This thread pretty much sums up why I asked for a 1 month ban.

Although at the budget a 270 would be more reasonable.

You should ask for another month:

@Teemo4Life

Look, the Pentium won't do this:

BF4-FR.png

The Pentium WILL do this:

Grid2-FR.png

Some games will run fine with the Pentium, but others will not.  The i5 will do well in just about any game.

You should ask for another month:

@Teemo4Life

Look, the Pentium won't do this:

BF4-FR.png

Would you look at that. No CPU labels at all.

I might, you may give me an aneurism.

Not needed.

I'm actually afraid to click on your notifications now because of the sheer stupidity of them.

You're trying to show me that an i5-4460 is better then a G3258 (which at stock speeds it is mind you) and you're showing me FPS graphs that don't even mention the CPU being used?

You people amaze me.

I'm actually afraid to click on your notifications now because of the sheer stupidity of them.

You're trying to show me that an i5-4460 is better then a G3258 (which at stock speeds it is mind you) and you're showing me FPS graphs that don't even mention the CPU being used?

You people amaze me.

Nah, I was telling you telling you to once again retreat to your safe place... like for another month.

The graphs were for Teemo, to demonstrate an example of what a Pentium can't and can do.