Unreal Engine 4 is now free

Rafy

There's quite a lot of difference between them. The syntax is the same, but C# has a lot of nice friendly features to make it easier. C++ is pretty low level, so you have to deal with pointers and things (and NULL pointers). Epic have done most of the hard part though, and you can make a reasonable game by just using the build in graphical editor, though it does have some drawbacks.

Isn't C more lower level than C++ ??

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I don't even know how to use it. :(

You will if you want to.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Isn't C more lower level than C++ ??

Kinda. C++ is an object orientated version of C as far as I know (and UE4 makes heavy use of the object orientation), but I'm pretty sure that you get the same amount of low level access in C++ as you do in C.

That said, afaik operating systems are mostly written in C rather than C++, so there might be more differences there.

HTTP/2 203

Kinda. C++ is an object orientated version of C as far as I know (and UE4 makes heavy use of the object orientation), but I'm pretty sure that you get the same amount of low level access in C++ as you do in C.

That said, afaik operating systems are mostly written in C rather than C++, so there might be more differences there.

Operative systems are written in multiple languages and have both low and high end components .

C++ is C with added functionalities basically , one of the being the use of classes / objects / interfaces instead of structs.

You can use all the C functions and syntax in c++ if you disable the damn pre-processor warnings for deprecated stuff.

So you can type C stuff in C++ and use C functions , I do it all the time.

Source : Many years of using C++ on my computer engineering source.

this is one of those times I wish I had  a titan black

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

this is one of those times I wish I had a titan black

Why?

So awesome when I saw this, cause I was just reinstalling new UT4 and came across this news. Nice.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Why?

because titans are really meant for game developers and it would be a damn good card to use to develop games on the unreal engine.

also I am weird I have a very strong interest in workstation cards not that I need one (ever)  but still

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

because titans are really meant for game developers and it would be a damn good card to use to develop games on the unreal engine.

also I am weird I have a very strong interest in workstation cards not that I need one (ever) but still

Ok, didn't realize you were a dev.

Holy crap, the unreal engine just went Free2play! 

No but really, pretty interesting. Hopefully this allows more creators to do their thing and in turn make this a viable business model so that others might adopt.

Ok, didn't realize you were a dev.

ha I am not ! ive messed around a bit with gimp and blender but I am no professional, athough I am trying to improve my skills at it.

Awesome!  I will now make nothing with it cuz I ain't got the SKILLZ man.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Awesome!  I will now make nothing with it cuz I ain't got the SKILLZ man.

Unreal's video tutorials is pretty good (And in most cases annotated if changes has happened in later versions).

Check this out in HD, it's made on unreal4 by one dude (although he is a pro). Looks crazy good despite the video artifacts...

No current GPU will be able to run this scene at a good enough framerate to use in a real game. Still it's good to see what unreal4 can render in realtime...