1080p60 vs 720p60 for Youtube

Hello,I am nilax productions and I have a monitor with the resolution of: 1280x1024

and I am wondering,should I record and Upscale it to 1080p(and upload it with upscaled) or Downsample it to 720p(and upload it with only 720p) and I am wondering what is the better option,ive seen big youtubers useing 720p60 instead of 1080p60

What should I do? 

1080p so less people complain

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Hello,I am nilax productions and I have a monitor with the resolution of: 1280x1024

and I am wondering,should I record and Upscale it to 1080p(and upload it with upscaled) or Downsample it to 720p(and upload it with only 720p) and I am wondering what is the better option,ive seen big youtubers useing 720p60 instead of 1080p60

What should I do? 

1080p60fps, just  to be up to date and stuff

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

if you have a fairly modern nvidia gpu you could always use dynamic super resolution on less demanding games which would make the image look better at 1080p than just simply upscaling it.

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

Because of the aspect ratio difference I'd suggest that you play in 720p letterboxed (so no stretching), edit the video to remove the letterboxing (or only record the game) and then upload at 720p60.

Upscaling to 1080p probably wouldn't look that great since it's not a 1:2 scale.

Edit: but I might be wrong. I just know that 720p on a 1080p screen looks crap so figured the reverse would also be true.

720p60 for your sanity. (markiplier and jacksepticeye still use 720p60) 

1080p60 for people not complaining.

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

If people are petty enough to complain to a new youtuber about using 720p over 1080p (considering 720p is still kinda HD and there are plenty of people who have to watch in 360 or 480) then that's their loss.

If people are petty enough to complain to a new youtuber about using 720p over 1080p (considering 720p is still kinda HD and there are plenty of people who have to watch in 360 or 480) then that's their loss.

you underestimate the stupidity of the internet

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

on my 1366x768 laptop screen, in fullscreening vieos or zoomed in theatre mode 480 and 360 looks pretty -okay-

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Yes, that's what I'd suggest too, even if there's no difference at all people would complain if there is no 1080p

CPU: i5-6600k @ 4.4GHz | Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming | RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury | GPU: Asus Strix GTX 980 | Case: NZXT Noctis 450 Red/Black | Storage: 256GB Sandisk SSD + 1TB Western Digital HDD | PSU: EVGA 750w | Monitor: ASUS VS247H | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Keyboard: $15 Cheapo Rubber Dome Keyboard | Mouse: Rosewill RGM-300

Linus Tech Tips Pebble (and Pebble Time) notifier watchface!

if you use Nvidia you can set a custom resolution of 1080p and then use the scaling so that it down samples and adds letterbox then you can record native 1080p

Needs Update

I'd be more interested in knowing how you plan to tackle the aspect ratio issue. I personally would not watch letterboxed or highly stretched content

Aspect Ratio would be done by Stretching the video just a tiny bit in sony vegas.

as done here:

IF you have a 1080p screen.Tell me everything

also the reason I want to go back for 720p is becuase of file size.

and please be honest.

Btw: THANK YOU FOR ANSWERING ME SO FUCKING FAST,I THOUGHT I HAD TO WAIT HOURS UNTILL SOMEONE ANSWERED BUT NOPE,YOU FUCKED ME OVER BY COMEING IN TOO FAST AND MAKEING ME SHOCKED AND NOW I FEEL REALLY BAD FOR ONLY ANSWERING AFTER A LONG ASS WHILE...thank you senpais <3

• 2 weeks later...

I would use 720p looks better than 1080p when you scale from that resulution, and use 60 fps to get a higher bit rate in youtube ;)

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"