LTT New Office Layout Suggestion

k4p84

Hey all,

Just a suggestion after the picture of the new office / warehouse.

This may be completely out of the question and cause you more headaches but would one be able to use changeable background drops ( think large printed blinds... ) .

That would enable presenters to use the same space for multiple sets. A direct result would be reduced equipment like lighting rigs as it is a single set not multiple ones.

Anyway a quick render of what I had in my head is attached, please feel free to jump in with improvements.

All images borrowed from the forums and models from Sketchup warehouse, all credit to the original creators.

Regards

Ed

post-6072-0-16158800-1425088045_thumb.jp

post-6072-0-16158800-1425088045_thumb.jp

you cant really put a projector on the front side because when someone is standing or sitting, it would hit their face

you would need to use a rear projection screen and have the lights/projector at the back

or he could buy one of those laser projectors for $50000 that only need to be two feet away, and place it behind the couch :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

you cant really put a projector on the front side because when someone is standing or sitting, it would hit their face

you would need to use a rear projection screen and have the lights/projector at the back

or he could buy one of those laser projectors for $50000 that only need to be two feet away, and place it behind the couch :)

Cause we all know Linus has $50,000 for a projector 

The way to go in a situation like this would be to have a rear projection system

Wow? That is an expensive workstation over there! 10 Monitors! But its a cool design!  :)

Gaming Rig: Intel i5-2400  |  Z68 Pro 3 Gen 3  |  8GB RAM  | Gigabyte R9-270X 4GB | Corsair Graphite 600T white edition | CMStorm Rapid I (blue Switch) | Razer Deathadder

Mobile Devices: Macbook Air 13" | iPad Mini (1st Gen) | iPhone 6 128GB | www.nic-koh.com

Wow? That is an expensive workstation over there! 10 Monitors! But its a cool design!  :)

I don't think Eyefinity supports that many monitors...

Just wondering: why is there a rail on the WAN show  camera?

It's not gonna jive from side to side as they read off topics, is it?

Pretty funny that you have producer/editor desk there. Since they don't have any live editing/producing going on. The thing that I have whined in past.

Using interchangable bg is cool idea but I don't think they would go for it. They already have green screen for TechQuickie. People expect WAN to be bit ghetto and more relaxed than other content. So having studio-like enviroment could move people away. Or it could bring more, idk. As for CSF videos, they are still being ghetto/relaxed so they don't use any studio-type. That leaves the "Kitchen set" and Luke's benchmarking station. Imo I don't see any good reason why they would go for expensive studio setup and not keep the current style of just having stuff as decoration.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Well, when I watched the archive, I an under the impression of "WOW THAT'S ONE TALL WAREHOUSE" but when Linus spoke about the soundproofing and such, I had this idea where the office will have two floors, ground floor for recording, second floor for editing or storage of all dem tech. That way, the soundproofing on the ground floor will be better because of the second floor. The location of the sets will be up to them, but I have a concern regarding the Whole Room Watercooled PCs... Linus said one time that they'll be moving it. My concern is how is it gonna work out on the new office?

They should make a small 2nd floor and have the entire warehouse as the background, that would be so cool

b6xea1.png

jp7sqh.png

Desktop: i7-6700K / Asus Z170 S / H100i V2 / LPX 2400Mhz 16GB / 960 EVO 250GB / 2x 860 EVO 500GB / RM750i  / NZXT H440 XB271H + Z22n Monitors

Laptop: Thinkpad T450s / i7-5600U / 12GB / 860 EVO 500GB

I was just messing around grabbing models from the Sketchup Library to I am not suggesting they use camera rails or 10 monitor rigs I was having some fun :-), I'll add the Lamborghini into the next render :-) .

Also  there is no projecting going on there, what I was trying to show was the light cast from the lighting rig up top which seems to have thrown folks off..... :-)

I was getting at the potential advantage of changeable back drops mean you can use the same office space for multiple sets, you only need a single camera set up, single lighting set up preferably rig mounted to get some of the cables off the floor as we have seen in behind the scenes  videos there are too many cables on the floor.

You use this idea in photographic studio set ups so you can have green , white and black backdrops on rollers so you can switch them out quickly.

Not a bad idea, but changing the sets would be difficult. Having to take down the fabric background, and then putting up a new one would take soo much time. Not the mention I think alot of people like how the sets are setup, motherboard and GPU boxes as decoration? Fuck yea it looks amaztastic. Sinks, inspiration sphere dispensers, and mini tardises? Also amaztastic. I am almost positive they will be changing how things are setup(kind of have to sense now they are in a warehouse) but I hope they keep the same on the line of proffesionalism and awesomeness.

Is it bad that my dream setup only costs a few thousand not counting the obutto?

CPU: FX-8320

Motherboard: asrock 970Pro3 r2.0

Memory: Team Zeus Blue 8GB DDR3-1600 Memory 

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB DUAL-X Video Card 

Case: Deepcool TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case  

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  

SSD: MX100 128GB

HDD: WD 2TB black edition

I gotta say, while interesting, I disagree with almost all these layout suggestions, The WAN show I watch is in a bedroom of a house, its got a cozy vibe to it, and I hope that they try and best replicate that cozy homey vibe. and not some cold newsroom vibe.

That said, I hope they make it a bit bigger, add another couch for guests to come on. A Bigger WAN show. Go from a small bedroom, to a living room, and a slightly bigger table for their mixer/laptops/mics so they arn't all scrunched up.

That would RIP the sound for wanshow....

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE