FCC Approves Net Neutrality rules, reclassifies broadband as a utility (+ other NN updates/FCC rulings from the hearing)

That would be capitalism going too far and into the realm of corporate dictatorship.   A balance has to be struck between corporate freedom to grow, develop and protect their income and rules, regulations, etc to stop them from fleecing a captive consumer in an essential service that has been monopolized.

True but here in US it is the government that created the monopoly thru their own regulations. That's the problem. So I would of rather the government spent more effort in correcting that, then putting their hands on a private network. All I can add is that while throttling and creating fast lanes may be perceived as a bad thing, they often were a solution so the whole network didn't suffer. I really wish it was as easy as turning on switch to get more bandwidth but most of these ISP are dependent on other companies to connect their network with other geographies due to regulations not allowing them to cross state/county lines.

Anyways, I'd love to continue the conversation tonight but I have to get some sleep.

Have a good night.

but the real question is will Tom Wheeler actually act now that he and the fcc has the power to do so. now he CAN act, but will he?  Im sure he will talk and talk. also regulation an improvement for net neutrality, but not so much for innovation. It looks like the regulation is pretty heavy

Energy can not be created nor destroyed, just converted to a different Type of energy.
My blog: T3Krant.blogspot.com

That would be capitalism going too far and into the realm of corporate dictatorship.   A balance has to be struck between corporate freedom to grow, develop and protect their income and rules, regulations, etc to stop them from fleecing a captive consumer in an essential service that has been monopolized.

True but here in US it is the government that created the monopoly thru their own regulations. That's the problem. So I would of rather the government spent more effort in correcting that, then putting their hands on a private network. All I can add is that while throttling and creating fast lanes may be perceived as a bad thing, they often were a solution so the whole network didn't suffer. I really wish it was as easy as turning on switch to get more bandwidth but most of these ISP are dependent on other companies to connect their network with other geographies due to regulations not allowing them to cross state/county lines.

Anyways, I'd love to continue the conversation tonight but I have to get some sleep.

Have a good night.

The United States currently does not have a capitalist society as it was intended.  It's a corporatocracy— up for sale and sold to the highest bidder.  Corporations are supposed to turn a profit; not get involved in legislative decisions.

My PC specifications are in my profile.

Lol at all the "wargh this is bad thing blargh goverment suxks waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah my repubpican overlords were defeated eaaaaaaargh big business isn't gonna fuck me in the arse anymore waaaaaaaaaah" comments.

Just lol

Seriously!! I live in Arizona, and I swear this is all I was hearing all day at work.  WTF is wrong with people.  Its like they only listen to Fox news and take their fear mongering as gospel.  I even know a couple IT guys that were saying this is the end of the Internet. lol

And here I thought Republicans were supposed to be in favor of helping small businesses, not maintaining monopolies.  I think I'm going to turn in my Republican card.  Is it okay if I still keep all my guns?

PC: CPU - FX 8350 @4.5 Ghz | GPU - 3x R9 290 @1100 core/1300 memory | Motherboard - Asus Crosshair V Formula Z | RAM - 16 GB Mushkin Redline 1866 Mhz | PSU - Corsair AX 860w | SSD - ADATA SX900 256 GB | HDD - Seagate 3TB 7200RPM | CPU Cooler - Noctua NH D-14 | Case - Cooler Master HAF Stacker 935

Peripherals: Monitor - ASUS VN248H-P IPS | Keyboard - Corsair K70 | Mouse - Corsair M65 | Headphones - ASUS ROG Orion Pro

Seriously!! I live in Arizona, and I swear this is all I was hearing all day at work.  WTF is wrong with people.  Its like they only listen to Fox news and take their fear mongering as gospel.  I even know a couple IT guys that were saying this is the end of the Internet. lol

And here I thought Republicans were supposed to be in favor of helping small businesses, not maintaining monopolies.  I think I'm going to turn in my Republican card.  Is it okay if I still keep all my guns?

No one should tie themselves to a political party anyway.  Especially US's two slimy parties.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

No one should tie themselves to a political party anyway.  Especially US's two slimy parties.

Very true.  I've always kind of seen myself as a liberal republican, but lately I've agreed with different subjects on both sides.  I guess I only first put Republican on my voter's card when I turned 18 because my dad is a Republican.  

To quote a very wise man, "There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble apprehension, is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution."

-John Adams

PC: CPU - FX 8350 @4.5 Ghz | GPU - 3x R9 290 @1100 core/1300 memory | Motherboard - Asus Crosshair V Formula Z | RAM - 16 GB Mushkin Redline 1866 Mhz | PSU - Corsair AX 860w | SSD - ADATA SX900 256 GB | HDD - Seagate 3TB 7200RPM | CPU Cooler - Noctua NH D-14 | Case - Cooler Master HAF Stacker 935

Peripherals: Monitor - ASUS VN248H-P IPS | Keyboard - Corsair K70 | Mouse - Corsair M65 | Headphones - ASUS ROG Orion Pro

Well that's some good news.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Very true.  I've always kind of seen myself as a liberal republican, but lately I've agreed with different subjects on both sides.  I guess I only first put Republican on my voter's card when I turned 18 because my dad is a Republican.  

I consider myself Independent. I think both sides are right in some aspects and in others they are wrong. Example; I want my guns and gay marriage should be legal.

Victory!, for now. Let's hope congress doesn't fuck things up

What did you win?

Be specific, what do you think is going to change, and when is it going to be accomplished?

And just how do you know this given that there is no possible way you have actually read any of the newly approved regulations?

Religions are based on faith.

Good.

Those menace companies aiming on regulating internet and making corrupt rules out of greed...*sigh*  If that wasn't enough, now also there are those bigotry minded people that support them.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

To say I'm disappointed in the fear mongering tactics of some people is putting it lightly. 

One would think that Comcast was paying users who spout far reaching rhetoric or something. 

The FCCs decision was the other shoe. It was the other shoe to the ISPs abusing the power they had in the market. 

The fact that some people are still parroting the "ERMAGHERD GUBERMENT GONNA CONTORL UR INTERNETS" tripe says it all. The FCC doesn't give a SHIT about controlling the internet. They give a shit about making sure the ISPs can't dictate terms to consumers about how the internet can be accessed. 

To say I'm disappointed in the fear mongering tactics of some people is putting it lightly. 

One would think that Comcast was paying users who spout far reaching rhetoric or something. 

Like how Nvidia is paying some of the forum members to defend the 970?

I had to, because that still bothers me.

Like how Nvidia is paying some of the forum members to defend the 970?

I had to, because that still bothers me.

While those accusations were hilarious, these would be more sad. The ISPs are PRAYING a Republican ends up in the office for 2016 (not gonna happen, Hail Clinton) and even then, now that tech companies know how to shovel money what is really going to happen? 

We've started down a path that you'r not gonna stop on a whim. 

While those accusations were hilarious, these would be more sad. The ISPs are PRAYING a Republican ends up in the office for 2016 (not gonna happen, Hail Clinton) and even then, now that tech companies know how to shovel money what is really going to happen? 

I just want the stats on how many chairs were thrown out of windows by execs at big ISP offices. :lol:

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Personally I'd prefer an empty chair over clinton or whoever the hell the republicans are going with.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I just want the stats on how many chairs were thrown out of windows by execs at big ISP offices. :lol:

Give or take...all. All the chairs.

Hopefully this turns out to be a good thing.

The libertarian in me thinks this is the wrong way to go about it, but the geek in me is tired of the sad state of our internet and is hoping for something, anything to help change that.

We will see how this turns out eventually.

Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8ghz, NZXT Kraken X61, ASUS Z170 Maximus VIII Hero, (2x8GB) Kingston DDR4 2400, 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury OC+, Thermaltake 1050W

All in a Semi Truck!:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/519811-semi-truck-gaming-pc/#entry6905347

I consider myself Independent. I think both sides are right in some aspects and in others they are wrong. Example; I want my guns and gay marriage should be legal.

Whoa whoa wait a minute...you want both?! 

ARE YOU CRAZY??!?!? 

/s

Though I know some people who actually would say that seriously. Those kind of people worry me.

Publicly they are "outraged" privately I think they are giddy. An obviously insider imposed mass of regulation is going to be implemented, and the internet providers have now basically had their monopoly sanctioned by the state. They have guaranteed profits in perpetuity. And no threat of little guys competing due to regulation, and little threat of established firms competing because utility status gives them a framework to maintain their monopoly. How many people here have massive competition for landline, gas, electric, water, etc? Any heavy handed government imposition invariably plays into their hands.

Voluntaryism FTW.

finally the government can officially take over the internet. good job guys. you just wait and see what happends. get your wallets out coz your going to be paying double time. i promise you.

finally the government can officially take over the internet. good job guys. you just wait and see what happends. get your wallets out coz your going to be paying double time. i promise you.

The FCC is regulating ISPs that have abused their position. 

The FCC IS NOT regulating the internet. 

Jesus. So much misinformation. 

My lord. If they can regulate those who have the ability to control the Internet then they in turn have control of the Internet.

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

The FCCs decision was the other shoe. It was the other shoe to the ISPs abusing the power they had in the market. 

The fact that some people are still parroting the "ERMAGHERD GUBERMENT GONNA CONTORL UR INTERNETS" tripe says it all. The FCC doesn't give a SHIT about controlling the internet. They give a shit about making sure the ISPs can't dictate terms to consumers about how the internet can be accessed. 

Yeah, yeah. And people are tired of hearing "Obamacare for the internet," too. And maybe it won't be as big a disaster as healthcare. But there is a small matter of 300+ pages of legislation that we aren't allowed to see yet. Sound familiar? Does that sound like "transparency" to you? What are they trying to hide? Probably some sections that allow for future changes in regulation and taxes, We'll find out one day...one day when its too late. THAT is the "other shoe."

The ISPs are PRAYING a Republican ends up in the office for 2016 (not gonna happen, Hail Clinton)

youre_serious_futurama.gif

After the past two terms? Where a Democrat in office repeatedly lied to the nation, and was repeatedly busted, and was repeatedly disregarded by other nations as a clown, and repeatedly made other nations look down on America? And you think that Americans are gonna pick his PET for the chair next? A woman who couldn't control her husband is going to be in charge of the nation? Stop it, just stop. If I laugh any harder I'll crack a rib. That's as good as saying she's gonna have Kim Jong as her VP.