I Got Assaulted... Should I Press Charges Or No?

Snapy1

Honestly kid just wake up to yourself and stop hanging out with the types of people that you are, getting good grades is the only thing you should be worried about at your age. If you want to hang out with the "cool" kids and be involved in situations like this its only going to point your life in the wrong direction. Trust me, i was one of those bad kids so i know how it plays out. 

I got good grades in school. Trust me their good friends, they practically my family, they always got my back in a sticky situation, I got there's (if possible). Im actually a decent kid if you get to know me, just cause I hang out in a crowd with potheads and people who got a couple records (no im not a pothead, I smoke occasionally) doesn't mean im going to do really fucking stupid shit like stab a guy or do meth or something. But hey thats just my 2 cents, you can think whatever :D 

well based on the pics you look like your really young but if i were you, i would ditch your friends and forget about the other guy thats what being the bigger man is

Im almost 16, I know I look like im 14. 

Well press charges against him and tell your friends to not beat him up. 

Easy enough IMO.

EDIT: And if that doesn't work (Ie the cops don't belive you) Kick his ass real good. (Make sure not to kill him tho) 

I honestly feel like you shouldn't be friends with people selling weed. I doubt they're your real friends. You also defend someone who is doing something wrong, the kid is snitching on people, but technically its the right thing to do.

Why can't kids just get along and all be friends? You are only 15 ffs. 

Good job on giving completely unnecessary moral advice on friendships and trying to rationalize assault. Yes, OP, you should press charges. Why anyone is advocating "Toughen up and beat him up" is fucking strange.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

I got good grades in school. Trust me their good friends, they practically my family, they always got my back in a sticky situation, I got there's (if possible). Im actually a decent kid if you get to know me, just cause I hang out in a crowd with potheads and people who got a couple records (no im not a pothead, I smoke occasionally) doesn't mean im going to do really fucking stupid shit like stab a guy or do meth or something. But hey thats just my 2 cents, you can think whatever :D

Things can go downhill faster than you think be careful...

I had a couple of friends who smoked on a daily basis, does that make me a bad person? No but society doesn't exactly see it the way I do when they know I associate myself with some drug users. It's fine to be friends with potheads just don't get tangled in their mess, the less legal shit you have to deal with the better. There are some things you should involve yourself with and this is not one of them. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Well press charges against him and tell your friends to not beat him up. 

Easy enough IMO.

EDIT: And if that doesn't work (Ie the cops don't belive you) Kick his ass real good. (Make sure not to kill him tho) 

kicking his ass lasts til end of high school for reputation...criminal record lasts forever

28 users watching.

GG

If you want to play the tough kid routine then maybe start walking the walk instead of just talking the talk, you're either on the right side of society and stand beside the "rat" that had your drug dealer friends arrested or you're on the wrong side of society and involving the police is no longer an option to you. You're either one or the other, if there is one thing i hate its people that try and keep one foot on either side, wanting to be a bad ass but then wanting to run to the police when someone roughs you up. 

That's a false dichotomy (false dilemma). Life is seldom so black and white. We might wish it were but unfortunately it's just not the case.

My advice is to always try and do the right thing and to work on moving to the better end of the spectrum.

Ultimately if criminality isn't in your nature or in your heart then you're doing yourself a disservice by letting yourself get mixed up in it.

Also, do you even know if it's true that it was that guy that was getting your friends arrested? It seems like you needn't even be in the equation if that were actually the case.

If the only problem they've got with him is that he's attacked you for retaliating against him for something he's supposed to have done to them, then it seems like the whole thing's probably just a misunderstanding in the first place.

If the only thing he's got on you is the threat of pressing charges against you for organizing an attack against him should you retaliate, then I say just walk away from it. It seems he's not really benefited from any of this anyway, and if you retaliate then it's just going to get you in more trouble.

Ultimately I'd say you should look into your heart and see what kind of life you really want for yourself. If it's not one of violence and criminality then walk away from it and towards a better future for yourself (otherwise you're going to be surrounded by violence and criminality for the rest of your life).

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

In reality, unless you want to get fucked, it's too late now. Pressing charges over highschool shit is just not worth it.

If you were going to run his ass into the ground it would have been best to do it in that bathroom right there, or right after. Doing it now is just too late, premeditated, and can wind you up in more trouble than him.

Getting your friends to beat his ass is even worse. Not only are you most likely to get in some trouble for it, but your friends are going to find themselves in a mega shitstorm. Not to mention the fact that you'll look like a massive bitch for having your group of friends jump some kid for you.

Just drop it, and move on.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

kicking his ass lasts til end of high school for reputation...criminal record lasts forever

I was joking lol. Should have used emojis. 

this.

Press charges, if you want to do all the paperwork. I've honestly never seen such a severe case, my county schools are at least about 5x safer then the ones surrounding my county, so I havn't experienced such thing.

Intel i5-6600k (Cooled by a 212 evo) - Asus Z170-A - Asus Dual OC GTX 1060 - NZXT S340 - WD 1TB (Getting SSD this month, hopefully) - 8GB DDR4-2400

LG G4 - Asus Zenwatch 2

That's a false dichotomy (false dilemma). Life is seldom so black and white. We might wish it were but unfortunately it's just not the case.

My advice is to always try and do the right thing and to work on moving to the better end of the spectrum.

Ultimately if criminality isn't in your nature or in your heart then you're doing yourself a disservice by letting yourself get mixed up in it.

Also, do you even know if it's true that it was that guy that was getting your friends arrested? It seems like you needn't even be in the equation if that were actually the case.

If the only problem they've got with him is that he's attacked you for retaliating against him for something he's supposed to have done to them, then it seems like the whole thing's probably just a misunderstanding in the first place.

If the only thing he's got on you is the threat of pressing charges against you for organizing an attack against him should you retaliate then I say just walk away from it. It seems he's not really benefited from any of this anyway, and if you retaliate then it's just going to get you in more trouble.

Ultimately I'd say you should look into your heart and see what kind of life you really want for yourself. If it's not one of violence and criminality then walk away from it and towards a better future for yourself (otherwise you're going to be surrounded by violence and criminality for the rest of your life).

I think relating kicking someone's ass in highschool is a little much to relate to a "life of crime and violence" 

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

Good job on giving completely unnecessary moral advice on friendships and trying to rationalize assault. Yes, OP, you should press charges. Why anyone is advocating "Toughen up and beat him up" is fucking strange.

@EpicGeekonFire never said he should beat the other guy up..

Also, if he presses charges, his friends could get in serious trouble, and if they ever want to.. you know.. get him back for it, he could be in a worse situation. 

Whats important to @OP now is that he continues his education, and  my opinion, try to migrate to a different group of friends as possible, they could bring u down with them if they get in trouble!

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

I was joking lol. Should have used emojis. 

emoticons* to be technically correct :P:P:P 

Petty schoolyard shit, let it go little man.

I think relating kicking someone's ass in highschool is a little much to relate to a "life of crime and violence" 

kicking someones ass is violence...very relatable 

That's the route the guys on. If he doesn't get off of it now then when?

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

Okay so heres the deal, this kid was going around ratting out all my friends that sell weed and getting them arrested so I gave people a heads up saying hey [iNSERT NAME] is ratting people out dont sell off of him. 

So I went to the bathroom today at school and he was in there and he grabbed me by the throat and slammed me on the ground [sEE EVIDENCE A] I wasnt going to hit him because my schools stupid as fuck and ill get a hell of a hefty fine if I even hit him back in self-defence (I mean if he started punching me I glock him in the face but yeah), luckily my friend came in who hes scared shitless of and told him to back the fuck off. So he walked with me to the Nurses office and the cops were called had to talk to my VP..etc...etc...paperwork...paperwork...etc...etc... So now my friends are going to probably kick his ass but he messaged me saying hes going to the cops if we kick his ass, I never actually said I was going to kick his ass nor did I ask my friends, they volunteered lol. But I made a deal with him saying that if I didnt pressed charges hes not going to TRY to press charges on me [sEE EVIDENCE B] 

So yeah should I press charges and not beat his ass or beat his ass and not press charges. Or kick his ass and press charges and face a big ass fine and probably probation :/ ???

-snip-

Dude is a Narc in training and I don't think he did the wrong thing about telling the cops. I don't think you should press charges either. Just kick his ass after school. Then plant some drugs on him and call the cops. lol like in the movies.

I never said that. I was never here. :ph34r:

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

@EpicGeekonFire never said he should beat the other guy up..

Also, if he presses charges, his friends could get in serious trouble, and if they ever want to.. you know.. get him back for it, he could be in a worse situation. 

Whats important to @OP now is that he continues his education, and  my opinion, try to migrate to a different group of friends as possible, they could bring u down with them if they get in trouble!

No, but implying that the kid who was ratting other kids out was in any way "morally justified" in assaulting someone is simply so wrong. The kid has an obvious problem and should be reported to the police or to the school. I'd rather have people dealing weed in school than someone who is willing to harm another human being because they're on a fucking crusade.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

kicking someones ass is violence...very relatable 

Mhm. But what I was trying to say is just because someone gets in a fight in highschool means he's going to become a career criminal. That is so not true.

That's the route the guys on. If he doesn't get off of it now then when?

How is it the route he's on? Yeah hanging with people who sell, but they're 15 god damn years old. That doesn't make them thugs, or career criminals destined for a life of violence. It means they're try hards who want to be cool, and tough. My friends who I see around school on a regular basis, no, they don't use, or sell. But one of my closest friends sold a lot. Does that mean I'm going to become a violent criminal.

Gaming Build:

Peripherals:

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

I also feel the need to post this, as it has not been mentioned. I don't think anyone has mentioned the possibility that if you want to fight this kid, there is the very real possibility that you are going to get your ass smacked around all over again.

Gaming Build:

Peripherals:

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

That doesn't make them thugs, or career criminals destined for a life of violence.

How do you know he's not? Why do you assume he couldn't be or isn't exactly that?

No, but implying that the kid who was ratting other kids out was in any way "morally justified" in assaulting someone is simply so wrong. The kid has an obvious problem and should be reported to the police or to the school. I'd rather have people dealing weed in school than someone who is willing to harm another human being because they're on a fucking crusade.

I agree with you 100%, but I don't think thats what Epicgeekonfire meant, from what he said, i gather that he meant the kid who ratted out OP's friends was actually in a way right, and OP is defending his friends, which is not a right thing to do. 

From what he said, I can't tell where you got the idea that he meant that the "rat" was right to assault him

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

I also feel the need to post this, as it has not been mentioned. I don't think anyone has mentioned the possibility that if you want to fight this kid, there is the very real possibility that you are going to get your ass smacked around all over again.

Well if op wins he can plant drugs on the guy then call the cops.  :ph34r: 

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.