Windows Phone did not get pebble support due to Pebble's CEO personal feelings about Microsoft

Rafy

All this animosity towards MS is a long running "tradition" in the software industry, since the '90s, when MS itself was playing the big bad corporate thug (MS was almost legally forced to be split in two companies in 1998).

What happens now is just bad karma hitting back again and again.

Agree

The reason they have Band and are pushing fitbit so hard is because the deal with Pebble went south.

It's not like they don't anticipate this, yet they are limiting the production of Band...

Gadgets: Lenovo Y580 (Nostromo, Naga Epic, Hydra, TrackIr5), Surface Pro 3 (i3), Lumia 930, PSVita

Rig: i7-4770K, 8GB Kingston HyperX, Asus Strix GTX970, MSI Z87-GD65, Asus Xonar DGX, CMStorm Scout II, CM Seidon 240M, BlackWidow Ultimate, Naga Epic, Goliathus Extended Control, TrackIr5, Sennheiser HD205, Audio-Technica ATR2500, Edifier speaker, Logitech G940, Logitech G27, Logitech F710, Dell S2340L, Philips 200VL, Samsung 830 128GB SSD, DXRacer FA01N

Bad reason or not, Pebble's not missing out on much by not supporting Windows Phone.

The reason they have Band and are pushing fitbit so hard is because the deal with Pebble went south.

The MS Band is better anyways, if I'm entirely honest. 

Then you are no better than Pebble's CEO...

It's because of childish rules like "never buying from X again" we end up in these situations.

Well I disagree, he is choosing for himself and would discourage others, while this CEO of a company is making a decision for other people.

<insert english not native language disclaimer>

Distaaaance!

I just bought a windows 8.1 phone, I have been on android for 5 years and all my other phones are dumb.  So far I am not disappointed. 

Honestly nowadays when people complain about mobile OS's they are really just splitting hairs.  We all have our preferences but at the end of the day there are only a small number of real world difference that make one more suitable to a given task than another brand.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Then you are no better than Pebble's CEO...

It's because of childish rules like "never buying from X again" we end up in these situations.

I strongly disagree with you here. It's not the same thing.

The CEO made a decision that affected:

1. His entire company, with at least some lost profits with literally no cost to the company itself (Remember, Microsoft agreed to foot the bill with continued support)

2. All the potential WP users who wanted Smart Watches. I'm one of those people. When the Pebble came out and Linus did his review, I went and looked it up, and was disappointed by the lack of WP support.

@NAP51DMustang's decision is only affecting himself. He's taking a stand based on moral values, to punish a company he believes did something wrong. He's making a stand based on principles. I really don't understand how you can equate the two.

The CEO is making a decision based on personal opinion that affects something he doesn't own: The company.

So, what, I'm supposed to ditch my phone now if I want to use a Pebble? No thanks. Pebble, now even if you ever do come out on WP, you'll never earn my purchase. I'll have to look into the Microsoft Band everyone is mentioning.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I don't own a windows phone and I don't plan on owning a windows phone in the near future but it irks me that pebble snubbed EVERYONE who owns a windows phone...and not only that but wasted the time and resources of the a company knowing full well they would never partner with them. THAT is the kind of company I don't like to deal with. Until pebble rectifies the situation I wouldn't suggest to anyone I know to invest in the company or their products.

I may not be a microsoft but as a web and app designer if a company led me on, asked me to work on their project, and said "sorry, we don't like you as a person so we're not going to work with you" I'd be seriously upset.

I don't quite get why pebble stopped collaborating with microsoft. I like pebble, I will continue to buy their products, but I am disappointed with their decision to cut talks with MS

Energy can not be created nor destroyed, just converted to a different Type of energy.
My blog: T3Krant.blogspot.com

I just bought a windows 8.1 phone, I have been on android for 5 years and all my other phones are dumb.  So far I am not disappointed. 

Honestly nowadays when people complain about mobile OS's they are really just splitting hairs.  We all have our preferences but at the end of the day there are only a small number of real world difference that make one more suitable to a given task than another brand.

Thank you.

I have had and still have a windows phone because it does what I need it to do, it was cheap, and it has great battery life in my use case. I only really use it to check email, text and phone calls. If I was a more heavy app user I would likely have switched to android by now but I have no need.

This pebble things really hurts though, I was recently thinking about getting a pebble, especially with the new pebble on the horizon but I'm not going to be buying a new phone because my watch won't play nice with the one I have!