HTC One m9 completely leaked - The bottom line: It's disappointing. (promotional videos available.)

SSOB

http://nl.hardware.info/nieuws/43073/uitgelekte-promotievideos-tonen-htc-one-m9

The usually reliableupleaks has leaked on Twitter a few promotional videos of the One M9, the future flagship of HTC. Although there is little information released about the specifics in the videos, but it gives an idea of going to see how the device is probably out.

In design terms, HTC seems to continue on the road that it previously is stamped with the One M7 and M8 One. So again it is a smartphone with aluminum characteristic Tree Sound speakers at the front of the unit. In addition, shows one of the videos that he has a single 20-megapixel camera on the back and the front is adorned with Ultra Pixel instance.

Interested in Business and Technology

Already posted, and it's disappointing to people who care about 6" screens and useless 1440p mobile phone resolution.

The only real glaring issue with the M8 was camera, and it's now fixed.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Already posted, and it's disappointing to people who care about 6" screens and useless 1440p mobile phone resolution.

Oh reallty?

Well let me report myself then :P

Why fix the parts that aren't broken? I would not call this disappointing since the main problem with the m8 was the low camera resolution.

-J.T.

Are you sure those YT vids have been posted ?

Repost, look on the first page of the news section. Also, it's certainly not dissapointing, I really like it. Who needs 1440p and 6" screens, it's wasted battery life and far too large for normal use.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Are you sure those YT vids have been posted ?

They were, but the links were shot down.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/316737-htc-one-m9-leaked-videos/

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Why didn't they integrate the back and home buttons into the bottom of the phone like on the M7?? The whole bottom part of the screen and phone is a giant waste of space...

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

its fake new m9 got speakers like htc nexus 9 its all bs 

I don't see how its disappointing. OP says "bottom line" as if its some fact. Its a solid update to a solid line of phones, probably the one that Android people should look at if they want a phone. 

As long as the camera is better than this -  Im happy. Ish. I have an M7 and the camera actually gave me a disease. I get to upgrade soon anyway so it will either be the M9 or the new iphone. Bad thing about the iphone is they make one every other month. 

post-66710-0-91410500-1424881941.jpg

As long as the camera is better than this -  Im happy. Ish. I have an M7 and the camera actually gave me a disease. I get to upgrade soon anyway so it will either be the M9 or the new iphone. Bad thing about the iphone is they make one every other month. 

The only thing I hated about my M7, night shots, camera sucked, period. 

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

THIS! this is HELL!!!!

CPU: i7 4790K-----GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming + MSI GTX 980 TWINFROZR ------MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 7-------RAM: Klevv Genuine 2400MHz-------PSU: EVGA 850W SuperNOVA G2-------CASE: Phanteks Enhtoo Luxe

So again it is a smartphone with aluminum characteristic Tree Sound speakers at the front of the unit

Tree Sound? wut?

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

this trend of buttons on the screen is bullshit and I won't have it. if this is a thing I'll drop cyanogenmod 12 on it instantly so I can remove that and rely on gestures.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

I'd get the Samsung Galaxy S6 over this, the S6 Edge looks way better as well.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

Why is it dissapointing? It looks like a very well balanced device. As long as it doesn't cost a fortune I'm in :)

This is what I was expecting. This render is gorgeous compared to the current M8 and the leaked M9.65zfB9d.jpg

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

Why is it dissapointing? It looks like a very well balanced device. As long as it doesn't cost a fortune I'm in :)

Some people were expecting something new.  It's pretty much a rehash of the M8 which was basically a rehash of the M7 (aesthetically speaking).  Personally this is the leak that had me excited for the M9 http://i.imgur.com/65zfB9d.jpg

but it looks like this render was false. 

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

And this is why I always tell people to set their expectations to "it will be shit". Judging by the videos (which don't tell you a whole lot) it seems like an iterative upgrade from the M8, which was an iterative upgrade from the M7 (in some areas, and a downgrade in some). The only people that are disappointed were those who had their expectations set too high.

Learn from this and set your expectations low this time. It's better to expect it to be shit, and get a happy surprise when it's decent, than to expect it to be out-of-this-world-orgasmically good and then get disappointed when it's just good.

I think people should wait for the official announcement and preferably some good in depth reviews (Anandtech, DisplayMate, maybe GSMArena and sites like that) before making their minds up. Right now we essentially only know the camera resolution and what the device looks like. Oh and it has a Qualcomm processor. That's not nearly enough info to properly judge it yet.

Hm... was expecting more. Still a big black chin at the bottom.