Can Someone identify these Linear Speakers?

aidanthepcnerd

Not sure this is the right part of the forum so my apologies if it isn't.

Been gone for a while but now i'm back!

Can anyone identify these Linear speakers for me please, a friend may sell them to me for £20. they do work but all i have is this image (see below) I know they are quite old but i need to look them up so i can see what amps to buy etc.

Cheers!

IMG_1079.jpg

p.s excuse the mess and the feet haha

Does it not say a model number or anything on the back/sides/ bottom?

No sorry i dont have access to them as they are quite far away 

They look more like guitar speaker cabinets than stereo kinda speakers to me

apparently they were used in clubs or somthing

Can you not get your friend to look for you?

I wouldn't be asking on here if I could haha im going to see them maybe pick them up on friday

Those are amps man, not speakers. Though, both work about the same. You'll just need an adapter most likely to get em to hook up to any modern home audio solution.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Those are amps man, not speakers. Though, both work about the same. You'll just need an adapter most likely to get em to hook up to any modern home audio solution.

ahh ok i considered that at first but they where quite large ive also never seen amps that come in pairs. they are old so i may need some sort of audio interface to connect them to an ipod or something anyway. 

I was told they were used as dj/club speakers as they come with a set of ancient decks as well haha

Pretty sure they aren't. You can see the cone trough the front grill.

Excuse the terminology. I never was into music, my older brother was and is. I've never seen a home or club speaker that didn't use the larger audio connecter and still had that kind of an outer casing. 

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Excuse the terminology. I never was into music, my older brother was and is. I've never seen a home or club speaker that didn't use the larger audio connecter and still had that kind of an outer casing. 

Sorry but I have no idea what you're trying to say.

Im going to buy them anyway, £20, i think they are still worth more 

Meh, not 'a lot'. For 20 bucks you can't go wrong. Buy a Lepai LP2020A+ with it and enjoy.

I have no better way to word it other than using jargon of which I don't know. 

That styling of case, I have not seen with standard home audio cable connectors. 3.5mm, or dual stereo connectors. Only with the much larger connecters often used by, professional systems, electronic instruments, or the like.

For something like this, I would probably ask around on head-fi, even though they are mostly based in headphones, since a lot of people are very into their audio in general, and not just headphone gear. I'll be heading into an audio shop near me early this week, and I'll ask around, and see if I can come up with any more info. 

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

cheers guys, i will update the thread when i've got them on friday 'the big reveal' haha :)

Meh, not 'a lot'. For 20 bucks you can't go wrong. Buy a Lepai LP2020A+ with it and enjoy.

for 20 that looks like a killer deal :) go with what this guy said :)

Live your life like a dream.