What fascinates you the most in tech/ computers?

IMPERIUS

So what fascinates you the most about tech or computers?

For me probablly software. I mean it doesn't exist physically yet we do see it and make and develop and do stuff with it. We made it out of nothing and pcs are devices that manipulate physically nothing but virtually a lot of different stuff; music, games, browsers, text files anything

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

The hardware. Hardware is amazing. I dunno. It's so fascinating. Like, this keyboard, it's different than my friend's keyboard, yet it does the same thing. That's cool to me

Also, all the combinations of hardware. How unique you can make hardware. That type of stuff. It's so personal

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

The little spinny things inside

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

How much time people (including me) can spend obsessing over what to buy..

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

How it is programmed, the UI and just how people come up with stuff

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Software. Software is incredible especially now that we have reached an age were it doesn't just manipulate hardware but also biological material

It Won't Fail Cause of Me.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=12LLJFSBnS4

Its all about this ! ! 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

God damn gpus , they are a mini pc

Have ram , processor , BUS,cooling etc.

So interesting.

Could you make a pc out of only a gpu? I doubt it because the type of operations those things do isn't the same as a cpu

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

What most fascinates me is Processors and Screens. To be able to present images so colorful and vivid at the palm of your hands or as big as a truck in an OLED panel,  while cpu's with billions of transistors can execute several tasks at once blazing fast. Hopefully in the future CPU's will control over 80% of the pc while the rest is pretty much optional, making them much smaller and eco friend, while saving room for a huge 20k screen. 

Groomlake Authority

What's fascinating to myself is the ability to run something well above factory rated specs, there's something cool about that. 

for me, the transistor itself, everything about it, it is the building block of our society today , and now we can make them so small that we have to worry about QUANTUM issues in their manufacture for the chips inside your cpu today. Like , holy balls nothing we do would exist including me being able to chat to you about them without them. oh and the old valve ones. one of the most gorgeous pieces of engineering past. sorry for the tirade just had to say it :S

My rig: 5820k 48Gb DDR4 Gskill Ripjaws, m.2 pcie samsgung 256Gb boot, rampage v extreme x99, 2x asus 980 strix  14.5 Tb other ssds and hdds. Laptop: Lenovo Y510P. Peripherals: G13 /RAT 7 /Corsair K70 RGB/ FLY 5