We finally got Video Game Hall of Fame

Bouzoo

"The Strong National Museum of Play has launched the World Video Game Hall of Fame, an organization to recognize influential video games throughout the history of the medium, The Strong announced yesterday."

Source: 
http://www.polygon.com/2015/2/18/8062091/world-video-game-hall-of-fame-strong-museum

So many games need to be in there... I don't even know where to start from.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Oh My....

:o

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

"The Strong National Museum of Play has launched the World Video Game Hall of Fame, an organization to recognize influential video games throughout the history of the medium, The Strong announced yesterday."

Source: http://www.polygon.com/2015/2/18/8062091/world-video-game-hall-of-fame-strong-museum 

Polygon link is broken.

Either way, I know a lot of games which have to be in there :P

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Polygon link is broken.

Yeah, I noticed after I posted. Fixed :)

I dont quite understand the point of this, can someone please tell me what this is for?

I thought this was a "Hall of Fame" that Polygon was putting together.

I was prepared to say, "Well, this will be good." with a bunch of sarcasm.

Polygon link is broken.

Just for next time a link is 404, try and see if the is a character at the end, the forum occasionally adds a blank character to the end of URL's making them not found. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Just for next time a link is 404, try and see if the is a character at the end, the forum occasionally adds a blank character to the end of URL's making them not found. 

oh lel, 2lazy4dat :P

OP fixed it pretty quick, so yeah..

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Space Wars, Pong, Pac-Man, Super Mario Bros., and Super Mario 64 better make it into the Freshman induction.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

Most of the Halo games should be there, or at least some. Just look at the sales records of Halo 1, 2 and 3.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Pong will be the first to go in.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

"The Strong National Museum of Play has launched the World Video Game Hall of Fame, an organization to recognize influential video games throughout the history of the medium, The Strong announced yesterday."

Source: http://www.polygon.com/2015/2/18/8062091/world-video-game-hall-of-fame-strong-museum

Wait...

The strong national museum of play is 10 min from my house!!!!!!!!!!

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Most of the Halo games should be there, or at least some. Just look at the sales records of Halo 1, 2 and 3.

Sales should not equal considerable contributions to the industry, nor a reason to enter a hall of fame at a museum. The only Halo that should go up there is combat evolved, for perfecting the FPS on the consoles.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

Idk. I love the halo series but they don't even place on wikipedia's top 40ish selling games. The best selling one, Halo 3, only sold 14.5 million. I do agree that atleast one of them should make it in but it won't based on sales.

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

Pong will be the first to go in.

Pong, Space wars, the magnavox odyessy should be one of the first inducted.

Oh wow, so many games to think about in my early childhood. OG Tetris on the Gameboy, Pokemon Blue, Oregon Trail, Duke Nukem 3D, Doom.

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

OG Tetris on the Gameboy

Still got both in top condition. Fight the feels...

Still got both in top condition. Fight the feels...

Still have Tetris, don't have the Gameboy anymore...

Pong, Space wars, the magnavox odyessy should be one of the first inducted.

Agreed. The games that started should be inducted first. I don't want to see something like Assassin's Creed or Call of Duty anytime soon, or Madden.

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

Still have Tetris, don't have the Gameboy anymore...

Agreed. The games that started should be inducted first. I don't want to see something like Assassin's Creed or Call of Duty anytime soon, or Madden.

That means Tennis for Two should be the first game to enter

Pong, Doom, Half-Life and Sonic The Hedgehog must all be in there.

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

Sales should not equal considerable contributions to the industry, nor a reason to enter a hall of fame at a museum. The only Halo that should go up there is combat evolved, for perfecting the FPS on the consoles.

After Combat Evolved, Halo never really evolved after that. 2, 3 and 4 where just more of the same goodness.

I definitely think Starcraft will be in there. It was one of the first games to be considered an eSport. And as much as I hate to say it games like Dota 2 probably belong in there too. (For their insane popularity and role popularizing eSports)

After Combat Evolved, Halo never really evolved after that. 2, 3 and 4 where just more of the same goodness.

I definitely think Starcraft will be in there. It was one of the first games to be considered an eSport. And as much as I hate to say it games like Dota 2 probably belong in there too. (For their insane popularity and role popularizing eSports)

You have to remember that the first entries arent going to be anything relatively newer (I doubt star craft may be first run) and possibly not many entries to begin with. Space wars, Pong, Super Mario Bros and Super Mario 64 have to be in there because of their major contributions to gaming as a whole.

That means Tennis for Two should be the first game to enter

No the first game to enter should be Space Wars because it was proof of concept for video games.

First Resident Evil

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65