Razer hate

Samdb

No, it can have any colour I want, it hasn't broken and hasn't malfunctioned.

you must of gotten the few rare ones that actually work right. seriously this is the buggiest keyboard released, search google, anyway this convo is pointless, no point continuing it.

Building a PC: check it out here http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1qvon

you must of gotten the few rare ones that actually work right. seriously this is the buggiest keyboard released, search google, anyway this convo is pointless, no point continuing it.

Which keyboard is this?

I have a Razer mouse and keyboard. I am happy with them. *Black Widow Ultimate & Death Adder 3.5g

When I used to hate on Razr, it was because they were new, I was uneducated and didn't know about them. They seemed quite like a fad. I thought a mouse was just a mouse and didn't need to be special. My friends who built there computers with gtx560s had to have an $80 razr mouse. They also just seemed way overpriced.

CPU i7 970 |  COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper N520 | Ram: 12GB DDR3 1333 GPU: GTX 560Ti | Mobo: EVGA Classified 3 | Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | Boot Drive: 120GB OCZ Vertex | Games Drive: 2TB WD Green | OS: Windows 7 | Monitors: 40in Samsung LN40A650, 2x 24in Samsung T240HD

oh i see, but i ment like using it on a daily basis

I see where you're getting... but my impressions are not bad...

If I was palm griper I'd buy the deathadder...

I don't like the blackwidow keyboards (because of the looks) never got my hands on it though...

not going to buy a gaming notebook. I play at home on a desktop, work outside...

If I wanted to have a portable gaming notebook, the new blade looks sweet... (until you see the price)

and I don't plan to buy a razer headset... because I don't plan to use a headset... I have already 4 headphones... so... yeah...

I recently bought a razer Taipan, a good mouse for the first 1 ~ 2 month.. Played a lot of mmorpg and the RMB got a feel like you can click after you hit the actuation point. Also the scroll wheel is kinda feel loose after I pressed it for a fair amount of usage.. Actually I won't even recommend any razer product anymore after they go with the 2013 edition, you won't get any of the premium feel of the high priced peripheral. the "old" one are fine

After a year of suspected heavy use a finish will start to fade, however I am lead to believe that Razer's mice have multiple coats.

My dad has used the same Logitech mouse for about 5 years and the color fading has only just began on that.

EDIT: Spellingz

Edited by ObeseWalrus

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

I used to love Razer. I bought three DeathAdders in a row, and they all broke in about a year each. Yes, I went through three mice in three years. Everyone I have talked to (and everyone I have listened to such as Linus and Slick) have all had their Razer mice die very quickly. I really like my Blackwidow though, because it's a cheap keyboard with blue switches and it is available in a lot of countries.

Their software/drivers are pretty crap as well. A lot of their products are buggy (for example some of their mice have had tracking issues, jitter and so on). Oh and don't get my started on all their overpriced headsets... It just seems like they are overall low quality but look cool, so a lot of people buy their products even though you can get better things for a lower price.

I have a Razer Krait 2013. It's working nicely so far. I still dislike Razer. Why?

Q: Can I play any game genres on the Razer™ Switchblade?
A: Yes, the Razer™ Switchblade is conceptualized to cater to all game genres. The combination of the new dynamic tactile keyboard, a multi-touch-screen and, if required, a mobile gaming mouse, allows for the full desktop pc gaming experience and more.

Switchblade marketing bullshit. It doesn't allow for the full desktop pc gaming experience and why specifically a mobile gaming mouse?

This gaming mouse will perfectly fit any and every hand curvature and grip-style, ensuring optimum comfort and minimal fatigue during extended play for every gamer – especially you.

Sometimes in the heat of battle there’s a need to slow down and focus to get that perfect headshot off in sniper mode. With our dedicated DPI clutch trigger, you can temporarily decrease / increase your DPI for pinpoint precision at a squeeze of the trigger.

Taipan marketing bullshit. They now have marketing bullshit about DPI-lowering sniper buttons which are only useful if you have your DPI way too high, which people do partly because of more Razer marketing bullshit about how great and precise it is to have thousands of DPI...

Unrivalled gaming grade wireless technology means the Razer Mamba performs as well cordless as it does corded

Mamba marketing bullshit.

With its optimized actuation force of 50g and a reduced actuation distance of 2 mm the Razer BlackWidow’s keys allow you to actuate your commands faster than on any other standard gaming keyboard.

Q. Why are brown and blue keys preferred for gaming as opposed to other available key switches - i.e black key switches?
A. These mechanical key switches provide gamers with the lightest actuation force required and the perfect actuation distance for optimal response while gaming.

Blackwidow marketing bullshit.

Now, these are just random products I picked to look through. The presence of marketing bullshit is practically reliable. There's a difference between marketing and marketing bullshit, and to highlight the difference, here is the Razer Deathstalker page - the "Apps" write-ups are actually really well done. If all their marketing was done with that level of humour and honesty, I'd probably like Razer far more than I do.

Now of course every gaming company needs it's marketing, but Razer's is to a level of dishonesty that's actively detrimental to those who know no better.

Apple, Treyarch, EA (lol jk EA is actually crap), the list goes on....

Hahaha!  :lol:

Ooouuu EA, why do u do this.

It's like Apple. Some people hate it, because they maybe can't afford their stuff or don't want to confess that they have good products for the money ( Like that Apple sells their computers for so much, well that's because they don't make cheap crappy stuff, they make the best possible things that they can imo. )

Or some people don't like their style, or that the people around them are haters etc.  :P 

My dad has used the same Logitech mouse for about 5 years and the color fading has only just began on that.

EDIT: Spellingz

Logitech's build quality is epic.

Logitech's build quality is epic.

Yeah, I know right, better quality then Razer, cheaper then Razer and their software is just awesome, solid as a rock.

Yeah, I know right, better quality then Razer, cheaper then Razer and their software is just awesome, solid as a rock.

Razer make good quality products.

I quite like Razer, I only has problems with 2 Lycosas that I bought that had to be returned because they kept freezing and had to be unplugged but I own a Naga, Sphex and Kraken Pro and find them very good to use and haven't ever had a problem with them, I find there build quality to be good and there packaging to be superb, the extra documentation they give you when you buy their products and the stickers make a good impression.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

Razer make good quality products.

Not as good as Logitech

They got some cool flashy stuff, and some of there latest things seems good, but i dont want to take the risk again after my headset died on me after few months (my second pair aswell), ofc i always check reviews but i rarly find a good review on the pros, but plenty on the cons and those that say that they are good give a poorly explenation why they are good.

Oh and they cost more, kinda reminds me of EVGA, thats why i never buy there gpu's

The reason I purchase their products is because I think they all look brilliant and actually innovate with how their products look, rather than own some ugly logitech keyboard I'd much rather own my blackwidow which I think is the best looking keyboard out there.

I agree with the people that say that people hate on them because of their price, most of the people i see hate on them are the same people that just hop on bandwagons to hate on certain companies and products just like with the Xbox One people hated on it without having any clue about it, it's the same with razer the vast majority of people that hate on them have never owned their products and have no idea what they are actually like, they all just say 'I saw someone on a forum that had their mouse break so the whole company must be shit' or 'my friend's mouse died and they sent him a new one so that means they're bad'. It's just dumb kids that hate on them as a majority, anybody that hates on a company as a whole in the Tech/Gaming industry is obviously stupid because you're plain thick to say a whole company is bad and that every one of their products are shit. 

Intel i5 3570K | Msi GTX 660 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | AsRock Z77 Extreme 6 | Sharkoon T28 

Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 | Rocaat Pyra | Steelseries 7H | Corsair SP2500

I've got a black widow ultimate and a deathadder and they have been working fine for over 2 years now. Yes I'm going to want to upgrade to a ducky or filco eventually but until then I have no complaints about my current peripherals

Yeah people like to hate on successful companies for some really weird reason... Maybe because some people like to think they're better than the majority of people so they criticize whatever and whoever is popular, many times for little to no reason...

I honestly have no clue. I guess it has become "cool" to hate on random companies. 

It's like you don't even know me.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Had a lycosa, started freezing after a year or so, had Naga, started malfunctioning after about a year too.

I don't dislike Razer i just don't think they make good products compared to how much they hype them.

Why do people always seem to hate on Razer? Is it just a case of the sheer volume of products they sell, and the people who enjoy their product say nothing about it. Or have a just gotten lucky? I've had a Lachesis for well over 20 months now and I haven't had a single problem with it. My Blackwidow is still running like new and the build quality of both of these products is fantastic. So why all the negativity towards a company that produces quality product?

I have a deathadder 2013 and the wheel squeals some times...

Why do i always get blue screens? Why not a red one for a change?

Spoiler

CPU: 2920x  GPU: Sapphire HD 7950 Vapor X  MOBO: X399 Taichi  RAM: 4x 8GB Trident Z RGN 3200/14  CASE: 900D  OS SSD: Samsung 960 Evo 512GB  Storage: 20TB NAS  PSU: Corsair RM1000i  CPU COOLER: NH-U14S TR4 OS: Arch Linux Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 TKL  Mouse: MX Master 2S Headphones: BD DT 770 PRO 250 Ohm

Razer has a good product here and there, but they are heavily overpriced, you can get equal or better performing gear for much lower prices.

BW 2013 costs 200CHF here, I got my ducky shine II for 150CHF, and the BW is no where near the Ducky, see the problem? ^^

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...