AMD or Intel for $500 budget

Teemo4Life

I'm getting a $500 pc build and people are suggesting fx-6300, Intel core i3 4130 and Intel pentium G3258. I'm thinking of Intel because of future upgrades to Intel i5 and i7. I also heard Intel is better anyway

I'm getting a $500 pc build and people are suggesting fx-6300, Intel core i3 4130 and Intel pentium G3258. I'm thinking of Intel because of future upgrades to Intel i5 and i7. I also heard Intel is better anyway

Why did you make another thread

get a g3258 because of the upgrade path 

Told ya teemo 

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

Is it a good cpu? I'm trying to find out which cpu is better. The Intel core i3 or pentium. You know which one. I searched it up and it says pentium is better for single cores. Idk, tell me. Seems your a veteran

Is it a good cpu? I'm trying to find out which cpu is better. The Intel core i3 or pentium. You know which one. I searched it up and it says pentium is better for single cores. Idk, tell me. Seems your a veteran

i3 is quite a bit better in most CPU intensive games as it has hyperthreading. I'd only go G3258 if you're upgrading to an i5/i7 soon after.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Woah your in AU. Me too. Finally I meet someone from AU. Rarely see anyone. You got the same gpu as the Intel core i3 4130 but just a little bit better in 4150. Why do you recommend pentium over yours

Told ya teemo

xD haha. We meet again

The i3 is better in some games like AW for example because games are starting to take advantage of multicore CPU's and hyperthreading

Told ya teemo

I made another thread because it's off topic kinda

i3 is quite a bit better in most CPU intensive games as it has hyperthreading. I'd only go G3258 if you're upgrading to an i5/i7 soon after.

Your gif is amazing. Kim Jong un was like :o then Obama was like NOPE

I'm not going to get a Intel core i5-i7 any time soon so I'll go for i3. If I had a pentium ppl would be laughing at me xD

Get a APU and high freq RAM.

Intel core is apu I think. Idk if it comes with Intel hd graphics.

Get a APU and high freq RAM.

On the CPU side of things, APUs are very weak, therefore throttling any decent graphics card that is bought afterwards.

Intel core is apu I think. Idk if it comes with Intel hd graphics.

All Intel CPUs come with integrated graphics, except the Xeons.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Get the pentium, you'll have more chances to upgrade and that cpu is very OC-able

I being quite the "I would get AMD if their offerings were more substantial" kind of person, I must say that AMD (Esp. Kaveri APUs) would be the best price/performance and if you do dual graphics you're getting even more value but raw performance in single threaded applications with any mixture of mid ranged GPU it's Intel hands down. Though going off of what others have said if you want a better rounded system than something that is great for one thing and okay for others then AMD because it's pretty good in gaming and it's pretty good in everything else.

Also those dismissing APUs for being "weak" JaysTwoCents debunked that about 10 months ago.

http://youtu.be/sWans5FU4cU

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

I being quite the "I would get AMD if their offerings were more substantial" kind of person, I must say that AMD (Esp. Kaveri APUs) would be the best price/performance and if you do dual graphics you're getting even more value but raw performance in single threaded applications with any mixture of mid ranged GPU it's Intel hands down. Though going off of what others have said if you want a better rounded system than something that is great for one thing and okay for others then AMD because it's pretty good in gaming and it's pretty good in everything else.

Also those dismissing APUs for being "weak" JaysTwoCents debunked that about 10 months ago.

-snip-

Thanks for the video, I've been curious about all of the claims about the APUs.

PMSL

Thanks for the video, I've been curious about all of the claims about the APUs.

No problem. Like I said in the beginning of my post I'd much rather buy a product from AMD rather than Intel or Nvidia not because I think AMD is superior - It's not. Though why I like it is because while it may be a fairly large company their profit (whatever that might be) is being used for something more productive (hopefully) than Intel. I mean I hope their new CEO (Lisa Su) invest more in R&D rather than whatever the prior CEO(s) invested in.  

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

On the CPU side of things, APUs are very weak, therefore throttling any decent graphics card that is bought afterwards.

All Intel CPUs come with integrated graphics, except the Xeons.

Definitely not as weak as $500.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($174.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: Asus H81M-D PLUS Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($44.49 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill AEGIS 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($57.98 @ Newegg)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 270 2GB TurboDuo Video Card  ($149.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Thermaltake Versa H21 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($33.98 @ Directron)
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  ($28.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $490.42
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-02-17 04:51 EST-0500

Definitely not as weak as $500.

I'm watching the JayzTwoCents video, and I'm actually impressed. Though its all average not minimum FPS, which help dictates how smooth game-play is. (I don't personally dis weak CPUs, considering I had playable FPS, albeit with frequent frame drops, with my core 2 Duo E8500 @4GHz-it just wasn't capable of feeding my GTX 970 and running Crysis 3 at the same time when set to 'high spec').

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($174.99 @ NCIX US)

Motherboard: Asus H81M-D PLUS Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($44.49 @ Newegg)

Memory: G.Skill AEGIS 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($57.98 @ Newegg)

Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 270 2GB TurboDuo Video Card  ($149.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Case: Thermaltake Versa H21 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($33.98 @ Directron)

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  ($28.99 @ NCIX US)

Total: $490.42

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-02-17 04:51 EST-0500

Your missing storage. Not everyone has spare HDD lying around (like me).

PMSL

I'm watching the JayzTwoCents video, and I'm actually impressed. Though its all average not minimum FPS, which help dictates how smooth game-play is. (I don't personally dis weak CPUs, considering I had playable FPS, albeit with frequent frame drops, with my core 2 Duo E8500 @4GHz-it just wasn't capable of feeding my GTX 970 and running Crysis 3 at the same time when set to 'high spec').

Your missing storage. Not everyone has spare HDD lying around (like me).

ah shit...I left that for last... 1 sec...