Is technology becoming useless?

IMPERIUS

Just a thought- do you think new technology is getting useless?

I absolutely don't think tech is useless but after seeing that Myo armband I thought about it a bit- it doesn't work as intended and even if it would- would anybody actually change his mouse and KB for it? I surely wouldn't. the smartwatches are also kinda a money waste. You can look up the time with your phone and I don't really think that any big youtuber needs to get a notification about a new subscriber on his arm. He probablly has his pc running most of the day and the phone can display those notifications just fine so you are paying a couple hundread $ because you are too lazy to get your phone out of the pocket and unlock it? And please don't start a war against me, I just think smartwatches are not worth their pricetag, I would consider them for 100$ (and I don't hate on them I think they are pretty cool).

What do you think? Do you think tech has almost reached its max usefulness? I think there is still room, especially for VR

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

gimmicky devices have always existed. It's nothing new.

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

Better freaking batteries... :/

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

i think in about 20+ years or so keyboard & mice will be extinct, those way/method to input data into a system will dramatically vary otherthan that i think High definition will be extinct as well..

Details separate people.

You're saying its a waste not useless. "Futuristic" tech would be a waste.

Imagine  the future.  It would be based around what we have today but more used and commercial. 
Example:

We have war drones

In the future they will be commercial and delivering mail
Right now it's a waste of money because its not really something thats gonna pay off

i think in about 20+ years or so keyboard & mice will be extinct, those way/method to input data into a system will dramatically vary otherthan that i think High definition will be extinct as well..

whut

I don't think you understand what the word "technology" means.

Forks and knives are technology. Clothes are technology. Houses are technology. Water, gas, and electricity are technology.

You are VERY wrong.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I don't think you understand what the word "technology" means.

Forks and knives are technology. Clothes are technology. Houses are technology. Water, gas, and electricity are technology.

You are VERY wrong.

I think OP is referring to electronics, which in either case, he is wrong lol

I was starting to think along the same lines, what after watching a handful of videos that were supposed to highlight ground breaking inventions, and showed things like, a wooden box with a speaker, that has no buttons. To turn it on, you need to slap it, to turn it off, slap it, to change songs, roll it to the right, to go back, roll it to the left, to share the song slap it twice in quick succession and it will automatically be shared on facebook with an advert prompting others to buy the damned speaker. It's just... Now thats a freaking step in the wrong direction. Tech is supposed to mean less work right? No, now you need to slap a wood box several dozen times a day, and roll it down your stairs to get to the song that you like near the end of the playlist. Now that, that's utterly useless tech.

However, there are still inventions (mainly by big corporations) that make sense. That help us, and urge further advancement into more and more useful tech. Sometimes you just gotta ignore the filler and pay attention to the highlights to see the real progress being made.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

You're saying its a waste not useless. "Futuristic" tech would be a waste.

Imagine  the future.  It would be based around what we have today but more used and commercial. 

Example:

We have war drones

In the future they will be commercial and delivering mail

Right now it's a waste of money because its not really something thats gonna pay off

oil pays off real good

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

People had the same limitations of imagination all thorughout history. It's not just because you can't think of something useful that there won't be. In fact, we're right smack in the middle of the largest explosion of technology on all fronts in all of human history. To think it's just going to stop is a little bit silly :)

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

I think OP is referring to electronics, which in either case, he is wrong lol

the global economy is run on electronics

lol OP is so wrong

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

About 400 years ago, you could make the argument. I don't think you could argue about it today.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

whut

meaning voice input to be more accurate or a swipping action to do inputs, technology will evolve & i know it sounds crazy , but pushing down keys to register an input will be a reduntant idea at that time, maybe even replaced is what i'm saying the only next level jump that would be completely replace current KB method to a plain glass or voice active text input method or even lip movement tracking..

Details separate people.

I think people are the ones becoming useless..

Core2 Quad Q9400 @ 3.00GHz ✦  8GB Corsair RAM ✦Asus P5G41Tm - Lx3 ✦ Sapphire R9 270 Dual-X ✦ WD Caviar Green 640 GB ✦ Seagate Barracuda 160GB ✦ Fractal Design Define R5 ✦ 1Life ps:jet 700W ✦  

Lenovo Y520 - GTX1050Ti - i77700k - 250GB Samsung M.2 NVME SSD  :D 

The mouse as an input device has been with us for like 40+ years, I don't see it going away anytime in the next 20+ years.

Keyboard maybe.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

It's innovation, might seem useless to you but it's furthering tech somewhere, somehow.

Green With Envy

A build based on a children's cartoon

i think in about 20+ years or so keyboard & mice will be extinct..

I will actually cry if that happens.

My Cherry MX Greens will cry a whole lot louder though.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Keyboard and mice won't be extinct don't worry. Voice recognition isn't that great not because of whether or not it works but because it's a hassle to do capitalization etc... Typing is faster if you can be bothered.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

Better freaking batteries... :/

I think that the problem of portable devices, such as smart phones, laptops, smart wear, etc., has much room for improvement, given we have still not been able to surpass the short battery life that these devices face. I look forward to seeing when such technology starts to pass two days without charge. Does anyone else look forward to more battery life without sacrificing performance? Is there already a movement for this?

Technology doesn't become useless, the only problem is that ideas move faster than technology these days, rather than technology dictating what can be done.  We all wish for the days where everyone can just wave their hands in thin air to interact with all their devices, speak to our devices to make them do things, and even for the days where technology can completely immerse us into a virtual world so like our own we may not be able to tell them apart, but until we get powerful processors on the level of supercomputers to integrate into or onto our bodies, it's not going to happen.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

The day technology will be useless is when we live in a 100% perfect utopia.

And that is never....

Yes, not everything is necessary, but the innovation is what moves everything forward.

System: Thinkpad T460

Technology is why we're still alive.

It's not becoming useless and it's not going away.

Keyboards? they keyboard may evolve and change, but the fundamental idea isn't going away. it's too fast at the moment compared to other methods of input.