FCC Commissioner Whistleblower -- Bad news for the internet in the US (worth a listen)

upliftsleet1974

This is a huge deal as far as the internet in the US not something that is going to be a good thing!!

Take a listen to this

Her is also an article on the same thing: http://dailycaller.com/2015/02/10/fcc-commissioner-unprecedented-involvement-of-executive-branch-in-our-decision-making/

What do you guys think will this be a good or bad thing?

Edit:As far as I could find this is not a re post. Also not sure this maybe should have been posted in the news area. 

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

I have a tough time believing these websites. Most of them are interjecting how they hate Obama, so they are extremely biased. 

I have a tough time believing these websites. Most of them are interjecting how they hate Obama, so they are extremely biased. 

@Stuff_

And what if it is true? Also the guy is one of the FCC Commissioners I really do not see why he would lie about it.

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

Good thing I'm Canadian eh?

Main Rig

Case: NZXT H440 White | CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @5.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i Hydro Series | Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition | RAM: HyperX Fury White & Black Series 16GB (4x4GB) OC to 2133MHz | Graphics Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti ArcticStorm | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB & Samsung 840 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA 750W Supernova G2 80+ Gold | Display: BenQ XL2420G & Samsung S20D300 | Headset: Corsair 1500 | Mouse: Logitech G700S | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Silver RED LED

XENON Build:  

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 @3.3GHz | Intel DZ68BC | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x4GB 1866MHz | Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB | MSI GeForce GTX 680 | Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey | Seasonic 520W 80+ Platinum Fanless

Office Build:

Case: Fractal Focus G White | CPU: i5-8600K | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB-2666 | GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X | SSD: Kingston A400 240GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA BT 450W+ Bronze

Phone

iPhone XS Max 512GB Gold

The guy on the phone is talking way too fast.  This call is entirely scripted.

Still, when Obama and internet are mentioned in one sentence, it's better to be extremely vigil.

I really do not agree with you on this....

I think we are in for some crazy changes.

Ajit Pai is a former Verizon lawyer now an FCC chairman.

I'm not calling him out or anything but such a back ground could be considered a conflict of interest and, even if he has nothing but good intentions, should not have been put in such a place of power.

people who hate polices because of the political party they come from are everything wrong with politics, an idea should be debated on its merits and not the person arguing it.  which is why this seems fake, because obama supported net neutrality but this website seems to hate obama

Not too sure about the legitimacy of the source.

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Apology 38a, Socrates

Their opinion of Obama really does not matter much one way or another.  He will be gone in two years.

But the FCC is pretty much forever, and given the FCC's history their effect on the internet will not be a positive one.

Ten years from now all the cool kids will be complaining about our stodgy, expensive, and heavily restricted services as compared to other places in the world.  Of course, their idea of a solution to the problem will be more government interference...

ISPs currently behave the way they do because they are effectively government created monopolies.  Most people do not have any real choice in the matter.  This proposal will do nothing to change that.  All it does is give those companies one place to focus all their lobbying efforts - the FCC.  

Which is entirely unsurprising when you consider exactly where the FCC commissioner worked prior to assuming this position.

Their opinion of Obama really does not matter much one way or another.  He will be gone in two years.

But the FCC is pretty much forever, and given the FCC's history their effect on the internet will not be a positive one.

Ten years from now all the cool kids will be complaining about our stodgy, expensive, and heavily restricted services as compared to other places in the world.  Of course, their idea of a solution to the problem will be more government interference...

ISPs currently behave the way they do because they are effectively government created monopolies.  Most people do not have any real choice in the matter.  This proposal will do nothing to change that.  All it does is give those companies one place to focus all their lobbying efforts - the FCC.  

Which is entirely unsurprising when you consider exactly where the FCC commissioner worked prior to assuming this position.

At this point those monopolies have to exist. The little guy isn't going to have the money to lay down their own fiber lines. It'll take years to get the network to your home. The monopolies will always exist, unless someone has enough money and leverage to come in and push them aside. aka Google (hopefully).

You're about 20 years too late.  America has been complaining about stodgy, expensive, and heavily restricted internet service for the greater part of the last two decades.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

I question that source, and the bias it opens up towards Obama.. 

MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z170X Gaming 7 RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom.CPU: i5 6600k w/ H100i

PSU: Corsair RM 850GPU:  GTX 980 Ti Case: NZXT 820 Full Tower

At this point those monopolies have to exist. The little guy isn't going to have the money to lay down their own fiber lines. It'll take years to get the network to your home. The monopolies will always exist, unless someone has enough money and leverage to come in and push them aside. aka Google (hopefully).

Fiber lines will probably be somewhat an issue at least until something different comes along.

But, once the FCC gets a hold of things you can forget about anything new or different coming along - that is what regulatory capture does.  Just look at how hard it is for new models of business like Uber or Lyft to deal with the entrenched taxi businesses and their allies in city government.

What chance do you think any small start ups or alternatives to fiber will have when faced with the mega behemoths lobbying the FCC once the FCC has assumed total control?

Never mind that fiber is really not the more common problem, since most people get their service from the single copper wire going to their home or business.  And that is the primary source of their grief - an absolute lack of choice or competition.  

Getting rid of that monopoly is possible.  But this regulation will not do it.

You're about 20 years too late.  America has been complaining about stodgy, expensive, and heavily restricted internet service for the greater part of the last two decades.

Exactly my point.  Government regulation restricting competition to the end user is exactly why we we have the problems we have.

It is just that some people persist in thinking that the solution to today's problems is more of exactly what caused the problems to begin with.

Meet the new boss...