Recommend me an anime? :)

MrTomnus

@MyInnerFred check @azurezeed mention in the Tags spoiler, hes not been called.

I had that fixed already lol.

You called?

Recommendations for series to watch please! Probably a good idea to base the selections off of what OP has already watched. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Am I the only one that didn't like FMAB? With the fucked up pacing with Ed doing something to make the mood lighter for no reason almost litterally every 5 minutes, and the low production value of the ending? The last couple of episdoes should have had aaaaall the budget. The first episode had better proudction value.

Anyway, Basically anything Gainax/Trigger has ever made, and Gintama. Gintama won't make sense sometimes, but it's great none the less.

Mirai nikki, and SAO can go suck a fat chode if you ask me. Mirai is just like the one kid that did something really good the first time and just does it more and more with each time being less and less good and more pathetic and pandering. Seriously, we get it. Everyone there is insane. The actions anyone takes in the show just start making less and less sense.

SAO is a harem piece of shit. You can do harem, but the market is a bit saturated with ecchi and harem, so you gotta make it good.

Definitely watch trigun, and Cowboy Bebop.

Hmm, why no go with the current discussion anime and watch Jormungand. It's a very good series. 

Also, MONOGATARI SERIES. Although, it may be a bit dialogue and anime reference heavy for someone who hasn't watched much. 

What are your favourite western movies and TV series?

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Am I the only one that didn't like FMAB? With the fucked up pacing with Ed doing something to make the mood lighter for no reason almost litterally every 5 minutes, and the low production value of the ending? The last couple of episdoes should have had aaaaall the budget. The first episode had better proudction value.

Anyway, Basically anything Gainax/Trigger has ever made, and Gintama. Gintama won't make sense sometimes, but it's great none the less.

Mirai nikki, and SAO can go suck a fat chode if you ask me. Mirai is just like the one kid that did something really good the first time and just does it more and more with each time being less and less good and more pathetic and pandering. Seriously, we get it. Everyone there is insane. The actions anyone takes in the show just start making less and less sense.

SAO is a harem piece of shit. You can do harem, but the market is a bit saturated with ecchi and harem, so you gotta make it good.

Definitely watch trigun, and Cowboy Bebop.

I don't like FMA or FMA:B. Just one of those series I could never get into, like One Piece. 

Mirai Nikki and SAO are definitely overrated (maybe because they become popular with people that don't watch much anime, like Shingeki No Kyojin), but they're not particularly bad series. They're still worth watching, especially SAO, it's pretty easy to watch, if you get what I mean. 

The meloncholy of Haruhi Suzumiya:(Has an English dub) is my favorite anime of all time largely due to it selling me on anime as a teen after having watched DBZ, Yugioh, medabots as i kid and haveing grown out of it.

Steins;Gate:(has an English dub) is relatively new but quickly took second place in my favorite anime, it's about time travel and bases it's self off of real world events peopl, and corporations, and made me start thinking like a tin foil hat crazy because it is sooo good.(see: John Titor)

AnoHana:(Subs only)This one is sad and cute, and charming and just a really good show, I genuinely cry alot watching this show and I hate crying.

Ghosts at school:(Only watch the english dub)This has one of the funniest English dubs ever, it's racist and homophobic and hilarious, it's kindof like the voice actors were just riffing in the studio and spat out solid gold with ervery take.

Beyond the Boundary:(Subs only) I would describe this as a romantic, action, comedy that is beautiful to look at, it's not super sad but at times it can pull at your heart strings.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

Shugi O Maki Fufu Over 9000 is a good one.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

why im called here?

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

Recommendations for series to watch please! Probably a good idea to base the selections off of what OP has already watched.

Ok, lets see

Judging by the fact you liked Spirited Away:

My neighbour totoro

Howls moving castle

Princess mononoke

Laputa Castle in the sky

Porco Rosso

Tales from earthsae

Pom poko

Kikis delivery service

The cat returns

Never seen Digimon though.

Steve

Naruto / Naruto: Shippuden

Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Ranma 1/2

Ranma 1/2 is my favorite after Naruto

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless

Here lemme get some help. 

]

@MrTomnus You haven't even scrapped the tip of the iceberg with the few series you've watched so far. What genre are you looking for and how long do you want the series to be?

I prob should pay attention to my wireless class,, But .. I guess I'll check on htis in about an hour or so.

Because why not?

meh i guess

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

You might wanna check out some sports anime as well. Top of my mind choices would be:

Kuroko no Baske

Hajime no Ippo

Slam Dunk

Major

Favorites of all time would DBZ, Yuyu Hakusho, Samurai X.

Intel i5 4460 || Deepcool Gammaxx S40 || Gigabyte H97 Gaming 3 || Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb DDR3 1600 CL9 || Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming || WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Asus 24x DVDRW OEM || Bitfenix Comrade Window White || Asus VX239h || Razer Blackwidow 2013 || Razer Deathadder Chroma || Windows 8.1 x64 SL || Crucial M550 256gb || Deepcool RGB Led Controller

hmm looks like the other members of the anime community have covered this well....

My DM that is also in this class is falling asleep... I am going to try and get a video of him.. or a picture...

Also, MONOGATARI SERIES. Although, it may be a bit dialogue and anime reference heavy for someone who hasn't watched much. 

I really enjoyed everything I've seen from the monogatari series, bakemonogatari and katanagari.

You might wanna check out some sports anime as well. Top of my mind choices would be:

Kuroko no Baske

Hajime no Ippo

Slam Dunk

Major

Favorites of all time would DBZ, Yuyu Hakusho, Samurai X.

You made me think about Eyeshield 21. Definitely a read, and not a watch. Not reading Yuseke Murata's illistrations makes you a distugsting monster

i have to second

The Melancholy of Harumi Suzumiya - it's a weird anime, really fun to watch and entertaining.

also

The Pet Girl of Sakurasou - one of the first animes that got me into this hobby, it's a romance comedy with a pinch of drama, it have some great characters each with their own problems and relationships (although there's no dub)

Death Note - if you want something a little longer and more on the mystery side

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

Death Note - if you want something a little longer and more on the mystery side

On a side note, apart from the ending Death Note is probably the best and truest anime adaption of a manga ever.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque euismod suscipit est, non placerat turpis vestibulum sed. Phasellus et faucibus odio. Donec a nisi at purus porttitor ullamcorper auctor a nibh. Integer id neque a nisi laoreet ultrices id ac augue. Nulla facilisi. Nullam purus elit, dictum quis euismod vitae, mollis non dui. Morbi vehicula neque eu mattis bibendum. Curabitur sed odio tortor. Sed euismod mi in diam volutpat, vitae convallis ipsum mattis. Praesent eleifend faucibus pulvinar. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Vestibulum velit nunc, fermentum a libero a, venenatis tempus lectus.

On a side note, apart from the ending Death Note is probably the best and truest anime adaption of a manga ever.

Death Note is one of the few cases where I prefer the Manga by a long way. I'm not entirely sure why, but I don't really like the anime. 

Death Note is one of the few cases where I prefer the Manga by a long way. I'm not entirely sure why, but I don't really like the anime. 

Interesting... I much prefer the Death Note anime but when it comes to the author's other work Bakuman I prefer the manga a thousand times over. 

Imo: Death Note - Best anime adaption

Bakuman - Absolutely worst anime adaption

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque euismod suscipit est, non placerat turpis vestibulum sed. Phasellus et faucibus odio. Donec a nisi at purus porttitor ullamcorper auctor a nibh. Integer id neque a nisi laoreet ultrices id ac augue. Nulla facilisi. Nullam purus elit, dictum quis euismod vitae, mollis non dui. Morbi vehicula neque eu mattis bibendum. Curabitur sed odio tortor. Sed euismod mi in diam volutpat, vitae convallis ipsum mattis. Praesent eleifend faucibus pulvinar. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Vestibulum velit nunc, fermentum a libero a, venenatis tempus lectus.

@MrTomnus : Erm ... Let me think ... I can't repeat what the others have recommended you so ... I will recommend : 

+ Magi ( Season 1 : Magi - Labyrinth of Magic and Season 2 : Magi - The Kingdom Of Magic ) . My thoughts : Very good in terms of philosophy and the Right or Wrong opinion of the characters . Amazing references to the 1001 nights in Arabia . The Manga is still going and it keeps get better and better . 

+ I couldn't remember ... Sorry . For now . one anime is fine ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

First of all, I just want to say thanks to everybody for all of the replies! I had no idea I'd get so many. I think I have a lot to go off!

snip

You haven't even scrapped the tip of the iceberg with the few series you've watched so far. What genre are you looking for and how long do you want the series to be?

You know, I saw somebody recommend Steins;Gate at the beginning of the thread. I saw it involved time travel and was immediately intrigued. You're right, the first few episodes were a bit slow and I found it weird to being with, but I have just woken up having got 4 hours sleep after spending 4 hours watching the series! I'm hooked :P

What are your favourite western movies and TV series?

That's a good question!

Umm, I really like BBC's Sherlock. I've watched Doctor Who, Breaking Bad, Heroes and Adventure Tinme. Can't think of others right now. As for movies, District 9, The Hobbit, The Dark Knight and Watchmen were just a few films I really liked!

| My first build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/117400-my-very-first-build/ | Build for my friend's 18th: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/168660-pc-for-my-friends-18th-with-pictures-complete/ |

ATH-M50X Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/165934-review-audio-technica-ath-m50-x/ | Nintendo 3DS XL Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/179711-nintendo-3ds-xl-review/ | Game Capture Guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186547-ultimate-guide-to-recording-your-gameplay/

Case: Corsair 200R CPU: i5 4670K @ 3.4GHz RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600MHz C9 Mobo: GIGABYTE Z87-HD3 GPU: MSI R9 290 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO PSU: EVGA 750W Storage: 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD Display: Dell U2212HM OS: Windows 8

First of all, I just want to say thanks to everybody for all of the replies! I had no idea I'd get so many. I think I have a lot to go off!

You know, I saw somebody recommend Steins;Gate at the beginning of the thread. I saw it involved time travel and was immediately intrigued. You're right, the first few episodes were a bit slow and I found it weird to being with, but I have just woken up having got 4 hours sleep after spending 4 hours watching the series! I'm hooked :P

That's good to hear. Which episode are you on right now? There is a special episode and a movie out as well which you should check out once you're done with the TV series.