arm hurts?

spwath

OK, my right shoulder hurts when i lift my arm.

The reason:

Yesterday, I attempted a small jump on cross country skis, and landed on my arm.

Do you think it could be anything bad?

I have a Nordic skiing race in 5-6 hours

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

How much doea it hurt? Can you move it around?

Case : Corsiar Air 540 CPU : Intel i5 8600k GPU : Asus Nvidia 970 DirectCUII RAM : 16gb DDR4 MB : ASUS Prime z370-p PSU : OCZ Modxtreme 700w SSD : Samsung 840 EVO 250gb 

But can you lift it completely?

Well I am no doctor but I would recommend to see one if it hurts badly

How much doea it hurt? Can you move it around?

I can mostly move it around.

Idk how to rate the pain.

Not to bad

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

But can you lift it completely?

Well I am no doctor but I would recommend to see one if it hurts badly

Not really.

Yeah, I think I'll do the race, wait a few days, and see if it still hurts

Meh id say let be. It would hurt more if there was something broken, and you would not be able to move it like that if there was muscule injury.

*i am not a doctor*

Case : Corsiar Air 540 CPU : Intel i5 8600k GPU : Asus Nvidia 970 DirectCUII RAM : 16gb DDR4 MB : ASUS Prime z370-p PSU : OCZ Modxtreme 700w SSD : Samsung 840 EVO 250gb 

your muscles had been under a strain or stress whatever its called so kind of not optimal to undergo more stress/strain. i would go for it thou, sounds fun ;D

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

Meh id say let be. It would hurt more if there was something broken, and you would not be able to move it like that if there was muscule injury.

K good, I don't want to tell my coach I broke/dislocated my arm doing something stupid the day before the final race.

Not really.

Yeah, I think I'll do the race, wait a few days, and see if it still hurts

Is no doctor near you? quick visit and you know whatsup. better to know 

your muscles had been under a strain or stress whatever its called so kind of not optimal to undergo more stress/strain. i would go for it thou sounds fun ;D

Yeah it's our last race of the season,I need to do it. And don't want to tell my coach I hurt my arm going over jumps on my skis the day before the race

Is no doctor near you? quick visit and you know whatsup. better to know

Don't really have time, I'm in school now, and go directly to race. I'll do race, then see how I feel

I am also no doctor but I went skiing recently for my schools skii club and wiped out a once and my arm started to get sore, but it's gone now

Broke 14 Year old + No job + Love for Technology = Bad combo :(

OK, so lesson learned. Don't try jumps on cross country skis the day before your final race...

K good, I don't want to tell my coach I broke/dislocated my arm doing something stupid the day before the final race.

Trust me, I borke my colar bone last year and you would NOT be able to move your arm whatsoever.

Most likely nothing. If you have landed on your arm from a fall, it's probably just a bit of bruising. Give it another day or two, keep it relaxed and out of harms way and see how it is after that. 

If there's any pain in specific places in the shoulder, you may have damaged a tendon, but from a fall, I don't think so. Tendon damages are usually from pulling or twisting of the joint. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Most likely nothing. If you have landed on your arm from a fall, it's probably just a bit of bruising. Give it another day or two, keep it relaxed and out of harms way and see how it is after that.

If there's any pain in specific places in the shoulder, you may have damaged a tendon, but from a fall, I don't think so. Tendon damages are usually from pulling or twisting of the joint.

OK.

It was a kinda big fall. I was going fast, over the jump, and kerploop.

I got it on video tho, so that's funny.

OK.

How far can you move your arm until it starts to hurt? 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

OK.

NOW you gotta show the video :P

NOW you gotta show the video :P

I might. First I have to get video from my friend and post it to yt

Uh so i did the race. It hurt before, and after, but when i was skiing, it didnt hurt.

But now, with my arm straight out in front of me on a desk, i cant lift it.

Could this be a problem?

I can only lift it if my forearm is basicaly touching my body.

Muscle strain most likely.

Wait a few days, if it still hurts see a doctor. 

OK.

put it up on youtube dude. we will all love a good laugh.

xD

does sound like muscle strain. at least you were able to race :) just be careful with your arm for a few days and then see a doctor if it gets worse or persists

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

put it up on youtube dude. we will all love a good laugh.

xD

does sound like muscle strain. at least you were able to race :) just be careful with your arm for a few days and then see a doctor if it gets worse or persists

Yeah, I hope it gets better by Sunday, I am going away for a week of Nordic skiing in Canada.