People can hear the stuff im listening to on my PC

Harctor
Go to solution Solved by Harctor,

lol, this is worse than reddit I may as well ask on there. I've obviously tested the sound, I had it on max volume on my desk, on my arms and on a shelf and I could barely hear it at all. Thanks for the help 

I have a Hyper X cloud headset. People can hear any audio that I have on my computer like music, youtube videos ( I don't think they can hear themselves in a call though ). No way is it due to the headset being open, as it is closed. I was fiddling around with the cords which creates a static noise of sorts, and even with my microphone plugged out my mate could still hear the sound of me moving the cord around, which I don't think should be happening. I want it so people cannot hear that and also any audio I have playing on my computer, thanks.

No way is it due to the headset being open, as it is closed.

Thats the dumbest sentence i've read all day... have a like :)

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

-snip-

Why don't you turn it on and turn up the volume a bit more than you usually do.. And just walk away a bit from it and try to hear it?

Just to be sure it doesn't leak sound

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Why don't you turn it on and turn up the volume a bit more than you usually do.. And just walk away a bit from it and try to hear it?

Just to be sure it doesn't leak sound

Doesnt quite work, fit the headphones around your leg to simulate being on a head.

Crossfade isn't uncommon in headsets, one of their many drawbacks, but it sounds like you got a bad unit, rma and try again.

Doesnt quite work, fit the headphones around your leg to simulate being on a head.

Crossfade isn't uncommon in headsets, one of their many drawbacks, but it sounds like you got a bad unit, rma and try again.

Oh yeah you're right, when a (closed) headphone is on your head it leaks less sound

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Well my clouds also ''leak'' sound to the microphone which creates some interesting moments whilst playing DayZ with friends.

Oh yeah you're right, when a (closed) headphone is on your head it leaks less sound

Wouldnt you know that it works for open headphones too, to determine bleed out.

lol, this is worse than reddit I may as well ask on there. I've obviously tested the sound, I had it on max volume on my desk, on my arms and on a shelf and I could barely hear it at all. Thanks for the help 

If you could be bothered to read I did answer you. Let me reiterated, happens.

If you could be bothered to read I did answer you. Let me reiterated, happens.

You're forgetting the place this is.

You're forgetting the place this is.

I didn't forget, nor was I surprised, was kinda hoping the shit flinging would start

Yeah Emo answered you already if you read his whole post. You got a defective unit. RMA it. Basically the wires from the mic and headphone are getting mixed together and causing what you're hearing to be transmitted through the mic. 

I didn't forget, nor was I surprised, was kinda hoping the shit flinging would start

Not dickish enough.