Cannot get the drivers to install for MSI Radeon 280.

This is a real head scratcher, putting the finishing touches on a new build and setting up the GPU is proving to be a stubborn little bugger. I have the drivers downloaded from their website and the manager installed but when I try to install the drivers it throws up the error message that the manager isn't installed (which it is) and when I try and select the install option from there it gives a generic error message and then I have to end the process in task manager to close the program.

So I thought screw it and I'll see if the machine is even detecting the GPU, it's currently plugged in now via HDMI cable and is putting out video but not sound. When I check the settings it is reading "standard VGA grpahics adapter" but the only thing connected is the grpahics card itself.

Before this every time I try to install the drivers the wizard gives me a general failure message with no information whatsoever on what is causing the failure. That said I'm still at the same stages despite having the AMD catalyst manager installed.

Has anyone encountered this problem?

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html- Download this and have the latest driver installer ready

- Do not start in safe mode, it's unnecessary

- Select AMD

- Select Clean&Restart

- Reinstall the drivers

This could work, the installation might have been borked last time

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Something I've found to also work when getting error messages halfway through trying to install them.

Installing Catalyst and using "Custom Install" not express...

Brings up a list of what to install, select Display Driver ONLY.

Install, then reboot, then run the catalyst setup again, selecting ALL except the display driver (as it's already installed)

@JTB123

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

This is a real head scratcher, putting the finishing touches on a new build and setting up the GPU is proving to be a stubborn little bugger. I have the drivers downloaded from their website and the manager installed but when I try to install the drivers it throws up the error message that the manager isn't installed (which it is) and when I try and select the install option from there it gives a generic error message and then I have to end the process in task manager to close the program.

So I thought screw it and I'll see if the machine is even detecting the GPU, it's currently plugged in now via HDMI cable and is putting out video but not sound. When I check the settings it is reading "standard VGA grpahics adapter" but the only thing connected is the grpahics card itself.

Before this every time I try to install the drivers the wizard gives me a general failure message with no information whatsoever on what is causing the failure. That said I'm still at the same stages despite having the AMD catalyst manager installed.

Has anyone encountered this problem?

I would uninstall CCC.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Go to ^ that website and get the drivers manually.

Install them.

THEN install CCC.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

Thanks for the feedback guys, I just uninstalled everything and got the drivers from AMD's website. All is well now :)