How about the Toshiba Satellite P70-B-105 ?

Romeo23ro

Hello guys. it's getting to the point that i am looking into a new laptop - however, i have a couple of questions and if any of you guys can pitch in with some info that would be great.

The model that i like is a Toshiba Satellite P70-B-105 - the only issue that i have with it being the lack of an SSD drive on it, issue that will be resolved after the purchase. But before then, as i did not shop around for a laptop for quite a while now, i need some imput as to the quality of the dedicated video graphics card on it, the AMD Radeon R9 M265X - 4GB GDDR5 - will it run without any problems 4k content and some 1080P gaming ? As i plan to keep this one for around 3-4 years i need to be sure that the performance is there for the long run not just for 1 year or 2.

Also i was unable to find any information online if it can hold a separate SSD in addition to the on board HDD, if any of you guys know this i would really appreciate the help as i would like to keep the on board DVD writer and not remove it to replace it with a SSD.

Any imput about this computer / line of products from Toshiba in the lines of known issues, possible manufacturing faults, things to look for or to avoid, would be highly appreciated. Thanks !

Welcome to the Forum.

1) What's your budget?

2) Does it need to be a laptop? You can get several times better price/performance ratio on a desktop.

3) The Lenovo Y50-70 might be good for you.

Sig under construction.

Hello guys. it's getting to the point that i am looking into a new laptop - however, i have a couple of questions and if any of you guys can pitch in with some info that would be great.

The model that i like is a Toshiba Satellite P70-B-105 - the only issue that i have with it being the lack of an SSD drive on it, issue that will be resolved after the purchase. But before then, as i did not shop around for a laptop for quite a while now, i need some imput as to the quality of the dedicated video graphics card on it, the AMD Radeon R9 M265X - 4GB GDDR5 - will it run without any problems 4k content and some 1080P gaming ? As i plan to keep this one for around 3-4 years i need to be sure that the performance is there for the long run not just for 1 year or 2.

Also i was unable to find any information online if it can hold a separate SSD in addition to the on board HDD, if any of you guys know this i would really appreciate the help as i would like to keep the on board DVD writer and not remove it to replace it with a SSD.

Any imput about this computer / line of products from Toshiba in the lines of known issues, possible manufacturing faults, things to look for or to avoid, would be highly appreciated. Thanks !

it will be very expensive having a laptop like this :( whats your budget?

and why dont you build an m-ITX computer?

First of all, i am not in the US - i am from eastern Europe and this will be a purchase that i make in my own country from an online store that i already had plenty of experience with so it should be fine on that front as they have a 30 day return policy.

Second of all, it has to be a laptop as i am looking for portability above all else, but, it has to be a big screen, bright one at that ( and from what i have been able to gather it is a bright screen at that ), 4K display does not interest me, as i can streem the content to my 4K TV so that would be how i would use it for 4K content when it will become available on a larger scale that it is today.

Buget for the laptop is around 1000 USD or 1000 EUR, not more than that because i do want to go all out on a pice of tech that will be worh 20% in 5 years.

That's why i chose something in the upper middle class of laptops.. the build quality looks good, i like the brand, to my knoledge they don't have any major faults or minuses, i like the keyboard layout, the fact that it is backlit, battery life is not so bright from what i have been able to read... but then again maybe you guys can pitch in with some articles about this laptop or feedback if you happen to own one...Anything that can help me make a better picture of this guy would be appreciated...