Mechanical Keyboard recommendations

awepicness

So I'm planning to do a build over time for about $1000 which includes a mechanical keyboard. Currently in my PCPartPicker list I have the Cooler Master CM Storm Quick Fire TK selected, which costs about $80. Are there any other good mechanical keyboards for about $100? I'd prefer Cherry MX Blues or Reds - or another switch's equivalent, either RGB or red backlighting (I'd prefer easy to use software, but if it's like Corsair's that's still ok), and a number-pad. Thanks  :)

PC gaming is superior to console gaming, but the gamers themselves are neither superior or inferior to one another: they're just people with varying degrees of understanding.

- http://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/wiki/guide

I also enjoy watching SinusTechTips with @Puke_Lafr (from WAN Show Afterparty)

Cooler Master Storm series or Corsair K70 are both great choices. I personally prefer the K70 due to the better feeling key-caps (imo). Plus I like the general aesthetics of the K70 better. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I have a Ducky DK9008 Shine 3 with Cherry MX Red (and it has red backlighting) and I like it.

Also Shine 4 just came out if you're interested.

It does have a numpad, however I'm not sure if there is software for it, I change the backlight effects directly on the keyboard, so you'll have to take a minute or two and read the manual.

The Corsair K70 is a great choice too.

CPU: i5-6600k @ 4.4GHz | Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming | RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury | GPU: Asus Strix GTX 980 | Case: NZXT Noctis 450 Red/Black | Storage: 256GB Sandisk SSD + 1TB Western Digital HDD | PSU: EVGA 750w | Monitor: ASUS VS247H | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Keyboard: $15 Cheapo Rubber Dome Keyboard | Mouse: Rosewill RGM-300

Linus Tech Tips Pebble (and Pebble Time) notifier watchface!

Um the keyboard is a really personal thing so I would go and look at linus' many keyboard reviews. Plus you are aren't going to get rgb for 100 dollars (your looking at 160ish for rgb). Also some good brands are Ducky, Corsair, and Cooler Master. Form each of those brands the Shine 3 from Ducky offers superior build quality without many bells and whistles for about 100-110 dollars if you look hard enough, but you will have to buy it off of Ncix or Micro Center. Corsiar offers many 'gamer' optimized features, but you have to deal with the Corsair tramp stamp. And from Cooler Master they offer a bit of everything from all the different cherry types and many different back light options for a good price. Either way you will have ascended to the realm of mechanical keyboards welcome to the club bro.

Hi there. Move along, n0thing to see here.

I just got the one you have picked out as my first mechanical and I like it so far. The only problem with it is the kinda weird numlock and backlight setting thing but it isnt much of a problem.

G3258 @ 4.5 | 8GB Team Vulcan RAM | 128GB Kingston V300 SSD (I didn't know what I was doing when I bought it) | MSI H81I Motherboard | Corsair H55 with Noctua NF-P12 | EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB | OCZ 550W Fully Modular PSU with Noctua NF-A14 | Cooler Master Elite 130 (Soon to be something cool)

I have the QuickFire TK with the MX Red switches.

I love it! If I was going to purchase another one it would be one with MX Brown switches as it's the best for all round work. 

Need help with the RMA/retail side of things? Feel free to send me a PM, always happy to share my industry experience with others.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I'm really looking to get a K70 if I can find it on sale or used in good condition, but I'll see how prices are for a while and make a decision. 

PC gaming is superior to console gaming, but the gamers themselves are neither superior or inferior to one another: they're just people with varying degrees of understanding.

- http://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/wiki/guide

I also enjoy watching SinusTechTips with @Puke_Lafr (from WAN Show Afterparty)

@awepicness Some safe brands.

Ducky

Corsair

Cooler Master

Logitech (no G910 though cuz it's balls)

WASD and their CODE keyboard

Deck

Cherry (of course)

Das

Probably more.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I just ordered yesterday a Corsair Gaming Mechanical K70 RGB Cherry Mx Keyboard and tbh I looking forward to it arriving, it will be my first Mechanical keyboard since my current normal keyboard I did have broke.