Windows 8 or Windows 8 pro? For gaming

Addict
Go to solution Solved by felixbearpig,

<p>i say non pro is perfect. pros extras are not justified for the extra 130 if all you are doing is gaming imo</p>

So pretty simple I use the computer for videos, music, personal files, and most importantly Games. Talking about the games coming out and such like Batman Origins, Farcry 3, Bioshock Infinite, Hawken, and you get the idea.

Which windows 8 do i get for gaming?  Do i really need or want the Pro version or am i fine with the non pro one? :huh:

I was convinced getting Win 8 for the faster boot time and Linus doing a video of Win 8 vs Win 7 where he said overall that 8 is a bit better.

<p>i say non pro is perfect. pros extras are not justified for the extra 130 if all you are doing is gaming imo</p>

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Wait for 8.1 if you can.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Wait for 8.1 if you can.

8.1 is a free update of windows 8 if he buys windows 8 he'll get the update free, im runnig the 8.1 preview right now :)

8.1 is a free update of windows 8 if he buys windows 8 he'll get the update free, im runnig the 8.1 preview right now :)

Well nvm then :p

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Thank you guys alot. That cleared my head. Was looking everywhere on the web to see if this was asked :p. I love these forums.

Here is a full detailed chart comparison between the 2 editions of Windows 8.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_8_editions#Comparison_chart

in other words, Pro give you:

-> Remote Desktop

-> Option for Media Center + DVD playback codec via add-on (10$)

-> Encryption of files/folders and BitLocker encryption features

-> Hyper-V virtual PC envirement

If you don't care about the above, get the non Pro version. But if I recall correctly, the price difference is 50$ for System Builders (OEM)