Should i pre order GTA V

Mohenjo

[hoping this isnt a repost]

Should i preorder gta v for pc? When i ask my friends they give me mixed signals. I know rockstar has a bad track record with PC optimization but max payne 3 was a good port and they have the same people working on it i believe. The only reason im considering it is for the 500,000 for online.

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

Everyone is gonna tell you no, I preordered it and am glad I did.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

I would, but if you like, you can see what the game's like after a couple of months, read reviews for PC etc.

I did. If you pre-order through Steam you get 800,000 in online.

Only reason I pre-ordered is I knew I'd be picking up the game no matter what. So might as well while I don't need that money for anything else.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

I would, but if you like, you can see what the game's like after a couple of months, read reviews for PC etc.

I mean we already know the game is pretty good

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

Don't listen to everyone. It's your choice. I have already pre-ordered it, and I'm eagerly waiting for it.  :D

PC Specs   - Black and White Build

Intel Core i5 4690k MSI Z97S Krait LGA 1150

Crucial Ballistix Sport 1x8GB 1600MHZ

Sapphire Radeon R9 270 (Will be upgrading this soon)

EVGA 500W PSU

Phanteks Enthoo Pro - White

the same people working on it i believe

It's the Same People as GTA IV's PC port...

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

@Alpha11 SInce he is asking he should listen what we have to say. If he could make a choice on his own this post would not exist.

No to the matter in hand. Do you want to support the business of developers selling you something that you don't know if it works? Do you want to support the practice of giving users who buy into a promise an edge or a significant bonus over the people who wait for the release?

If the answer is yes then go ahead and pre-order it.

Also, don't forget to let us know how bad the port is so other people can decide to buy it or not :D

@Alpha11 SInce he is asking he should listen what we have to say. If he could make a choice on his own this post would not exist.

No to the matter in hand. Do you want to support the business of developers selling you something that you don't know if it works? Do you want to support the practice of giving users who buy into a promise an edge or a significant bonus over the people who wait for the release?

If the answer is yes then go ahead and pre-order it.

Also, don't forget to let us know how bad the port is so other people can decide to buy it or not :D

Ill make sure i do lol

It is your choice, I personally hate pre-ordering, I did it once and regreted it ever since.

Rockstar yes...ubisoft HEEELLLL NOOOOO, they should be paying you money to preorder that crap!! :P

NO

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

You're not hurting anyone pre-ordering it, you get some cash for single player and online, its not a huge amount of cash but you can at least get a decent apartment/car on day one instead of having to save up for a week or so.

You hurt the quality of games by preordering

Just my opinion though

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

It is your choice, I personally hate pre-ordering, I did it once and regreted it ever since.

I've only ever pre ordered 2 games, 1 good but not as good as I hoped (LBP2) and one I loved for a while, then I didn't like it any more due to the dying competitive community (CoD Ghosts [seriously, the competitive aspect was extremely difficult])

[hoping this isnt a repost]

Should i preorder gta v for pc? When i ask my friends they give me mixed signals. I know rockstar has a bad track record with PC optimization but max payne 3 was a good port and they have the same people working on it i believe. The only reason im considering it is for the 500,000 for online.

No. No point, what? Is it gonna be sold out on Steam? Lol. Just wait for release day and see how good of a game they say it will be. In the meantime, play some Dying Light. I'm playing through this game again and its soooo fun

why are people even considering pre ordering, all you doing is telling developer's "hay its cool I like broken games"

Its all about those volumetric clouds

I wouldn't. You can never be too terribly sure about how well a console port will go these days.

And these people are talking about getting extra money like it's some extravagant amount. You can play for a few days and get the same amount of money anyways.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

I don't see a point in this day and age to pre order. I do find it funny when people say "Never pre order!" , but go out and fund kickstarter shit.

This question has been asked like a billion times already, no don't pre-order it. 

You should ~almost~ always say no to pre-ordering.

Buuut in this case we already know the game IS great.

I pre ordered it since I was going to get it anyways.

In worst case scenario: MODS!

Heya.

I would wait for a steam sale or a discount on a pre order. I was very reluctant on pre ordering it, but Green Man Gaming was giving out a 22% discount for pre ordering a couple days ago. It wouldve been $46 instead of $60, so I said screw it and bought it.