Thanks nick

I believe that another component that you need to look at with a smart watch is price to functionality

Looking forward to this for a while, thanks!

School machine: 2012 MacBook Pro, i7-3720QM, 16GB 1600Mhz DDR3, 256GB SSD, GeForce GT 650M

Gaming machine: Asus X99 Deluxe, i7-5820K, H100i, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 256GB 850 Pro, 2x WD10EZEX, GeForce GTX 980, AX860

Woohoo!

CPU: Intel i7 4770k w/Noctua NH-D15, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 Ultra Durable, RAM: Patriot 8Gb 1600Mhz (2x4Gb), GPU: MSI R9 390x Gaming,

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb, Seagate 4Tb Hybrid, Case: Fractal Design Define R4, PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w 

Phone: LG G2 32Gb Black (Verizon) Laptop: Fujitsu Lifebook E754 w/ 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Xterra named Rocky

Maybe I will be that old cranky guy down the street who refuse to accept computers or (in a confused tone) "smartphones" . 

But I just can't wrap my head around the whole "smartwatch: concept. ....yet

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

At first I listened to the bit about not worrying about display burn-in and it made sense, but then I started thinking. It's kind of sad that it sounds logical to say

'I'm not too worried that this piece of tech is designed to be obsolete in a couple of years because it's designed to be obsolete in a couple of years anyway, so I will have replaced it by then.'

Why is the battery glued in? Why shouldn't there be support for future versions of Android wear?

Can't stand all this pop tech stuff. Can't we just stick to CPUs, GPUs, SSDs, HDDs, ODDs, motherboards with twenty-two SATA ports and fans with LEDs?

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

Although the bezel makes it look more proper, its thickness scream gaudy. The development of Android Wear is extremely limited because of its low PPI (Google still doesn't have an built in way to calculate it) that doesn't only much graphics, so it confined to only to be text information display.

I appreciate that Linus likes the battery improvements of the G Watch R over the Moto 360, but I just feel so opposite him on its looks.  He said the sporty look suited him better, but it just reminds me to much of the cheap Timex and G-Shock watches that look more like toys than something I'd actually wear.  I'll take the shorter battery life if it means I can have something that I would wear to work rather than to go for a run.

:o

AFter Vid:  I want it, but after the second version comes out so it can have a bigger battery for it.

Can't stand all this pop tech stuff. Can't we just stick to CPUs, GPUs, SSDs, HDDs, ODDs, motherboards with twenty-two SATA ports and fans with LEDs?

Seeing as the top three videos on the channel are about an RC firetruck, excavator, and drone I'm going to say that the hardcore stuff is pretty solidly secondary to the pop-tech.

LG G Watch R is the great smart watch in my opinion.

Great All rounder!

Nice review @LinusTech

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

I think i should let android wear keep improving before i buy a $300 watch. Specially the battery, 410 mAh is NOT too far away from 500mAh :D!!

Congrats on the 3000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Main PC: 4690k, LMG Edition G1 Gaming GTX 980, 16GB Hyper X Fury, Asus Z97-A, EVGA G2 850W, Crucial MX100 128GB, WD Red 1TB 2.5", Dark Rock 3

Laptop: Asus UX305 Monitor: Asus PB278Q Keyboard: Filco Majestouch 2 TKL Mouse: Corsair M65

And I just recieved my Pebble Steel yesterday.....

Although considering the price the Pebble is still nicer for me

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

I was about to pull the trigger on a Moto 360. I'm glad I waited though. The thickness of the 360 really turned me off to it. I still can't justify spending 300 hundred dollars on Android Wear yet, it just seems too unpolished.