Low fps with my new gtx 970?

sweetheartx

So far ive only tried lol,wow and csgo. csgo wasnt any problem at all, however league dropped to 80 and lagged a bit, and wow is unplayable at ultra, I called them asking when my friend got better frames with a far worse pc in wow, and the guy said i should be getting 200+ in wow, while im at 50 on high settings, not even ultra.. and 12-30 on ultra in a capital

Those games you mentioned are more CPU-bound I would check that is in order as well; it could be throttling or clogged up otherwise.

[witty signature]

Those games you mentioned are more CPU-bound I would check that is in order as well; it could be throttling or clogged up otherwise.

How could I check that? <- newbie :<

Based on your Unigine score, you are scoring some what on the low side compared to others but at the same time you are not overclocking your card so it seems ok, but you also have a better CPU compared to the other on this list:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlC81MjwelBgdDdfZGdPbERhYi1YYjhXZVREX1ZtUFE#gid=1

I have a potato!

Based on your Unigine score, you are scoring some what on the low side compared to others but at the same time you are not overclocking your card so it seems ok, but you also have a better CPU compared to the other on this list:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlC81MjwelBgdDdfZGdPbERhYi1YYjhXZVREX1ZtUFE#gid=1

I havent clocked anything at all, its all standard.. so the GPU seems ok?

I would check to see what is running in the background of your computer.  Check your startup options and see what is being loaded when it boots up and running in the background.  Out of curiosity, what kind of motherboard do you have. 

I have a potato!

I would check to see what is running in the background of your computer.  Check your startup options and see what is being loaded when it boots up and running in the background.  Out of curiosity, what kind of motherboard do you have. 

ASUS Z97-P, Socket-1150

The pc is brand new, nothing on startup

I havent clocked anything at all, its all standard.. so the GPU seems ok?

Its on the low side compared to other 970's; however, you should have higher scores because of your CPU.

I have a potato!

Ok, lets check a few things before I have you try something.

Cntrl/Alt/Delete......task manager......startup

What programs are running when it boots.  There should be something

I have a potato!

Ok, lets check a few things before I have you try something.

Cntrl/Alt/Delete......task manager......startup

What programs are running when it boots.  There should be something

Adobe Reader And Acrobat manager

ESET Main GUI

Java update scheduler

Nvidia Backend

Nvidia Capture sever proxy

Realtek-HD Sound config

Steam client

Seems like normal performance to me? 

“I'm telling you, people. Everyday we wake up is another blessing. Follow your dreams and don't let anyone stop you. Never say never.” ― Justin Bieber

Seems like normal performance to me? 

Well, I just got the pc and thought the fps was a bit low, maybe im just wrong about world of warcraft fps, since it was in the main city and everything on ultra on an extremely high pop server.. i just wanted to know if something actually broke during shipping or something

What anti virus did it come with? disable / uninstall it that may be slowing things down? 

“I'm telling you, people. Everyday we wake up is another blessing. Follow your dreams and don't let anyone stop you. Never say never.” ― Justin Bieber

What anti virus did it come with? disable / uninstall it that may be slowing things down? 

Came with nothing and installed Nod

It's below performance. 

Disable everything but

Realtek-HD Sound

ESET Main GUI (This your Antivirus?)

Reboot computer, run the test again and let me know what you come up with.

I have a potato!

On my i5 3570k + 660 i get around 60fps on ultra in WoW on a high pop server in the city. All stock no overclocking so you must have something going on somewhere.

How comfortable are you with reinstalling windows yourself? 

Reinstall the drivers properly with Display Driver Uninstaller and the latest driver downloaded to your desktoo for easy access.

Unless your card is severely defective, this will fix it.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

I would install windows as a last resort because it can be time consuming, but yeah, if it comes down to it.....ugh.

I have a potato!

On my i5 3570k + 660 i get around 60fps on ultra in WoW on a high pop server in the city. All stock no overclocking so you must have something going on somewhere.

How comfortable are you with reinstalling windows yourself? 

you get 60 fps in warmaul with tons of people around you?:o asked on a swedish site called sweclockers, and a guy with my exact card also had 30-40 fps in warmaul

I wish I could give you numbers because I also play WoW but my setup is a little bit extreme for that game so it would be a bad comparison

I have a potato!

Reinstall the drivers properly with Display Driver Uninstaller and the latest driver downloaded to your desktoo for easy access.

Unless your card is severely defective, this will fix it.

Well, I booted my pc up 1 hour ago and it did have a driver to install for my GPU all of a sudden, now in league i have 350-400 fps, im downloading WoW again to try..

you get 60 fps in warmaul with tons of people around you? :o asked on a swedish site called sweclockers, and a guy with my exact card also had 30-40 fps in warmaul

Yea honestly i get a lot more performance / fps than you report, its only when you mentioned the WoW performance that i realized you do have an issue somewhere.

Your games are installed on the SSD arnt they? Have you got DX11 turned on in WoW? it defaults to DX9 sometimes for me that causes low fps, but i put it upto DX11 and im good.

Yea honestly i get a lot more performance / fps than you report, its only when you mentioned the WoW performance that i realized you do have an issue somewhere.

Your games are installed on the SSD arnt they? Have you got DX11 turned on in WoW? it defaults to DX9 sometimes for me that causes low fps, but i put it upto DX11 and im good.

Yup, its on the SSD and yes DX11, im downloading WoW again to try, since it seems like my fps on league got way higher after i needed a gpu driver update today o,O

Just tried WoW again, 27 fps avg in ashran on ultra, everything on lowest i get maximum of 60fps (yes i turned off max foreground fps" (aka its on unlimited)also did a full game of lol and got everything from 400 fps at start to 110-200 the entire game, GPU @ around 30 C