Low fps with my new gtx 970?

sweetheartx

Hi, i just got my new pc and i tested it and thought there might be something wrong. Now i played leage of legends and i have fps drops to 80, thats not the big problem though.. I tried world of warcraft and did a raid on high settings and i had somewhere around 50-70 fps while my friend with the same cpu as me rest way older gear incl a 650 card got 75+ at the same setting. I also tried standing in the "capital city" warmaul or w/e on ultra on got a maximum of 30 fps and drops to around 12 fps, is this extremely low or?

PC :
Cooler Master G650M, 650W PSU
Intel Core i5-4690K
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 8GB
MSI GeForce GTX 970 Gaming 4GB PhysX
Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB 2.5" OEM

Also im at 28-35 Celcius while gaming

Blame it on the VRAM. That's what people do in this forum anyways.

On a serious note, reinstall your drivers using DDU and get the latest one. Make sure your computer also doesn't have unnecessary application that might slow down computer processes and also make sure you're virus free. Aside from that, your specs are more than enough League (You spent hundreds and yet you spend your time playing games like league. lel)

There are times that your drivers might fail and will say it recovered but this will downlock your GPU to stock clocks and in order to fix, you have to restart.

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

Drivers installed correctly?

I would also use an OC tool like MSI Afterburner to monitor the clockspeeds to make sure that it's not staying at its idle clocks. (or you could just look at it using a tool like GPU-Z).

35 C when gaming is wayyyy too low (err, nothing is technically "too low", 35 C is just abnormally low if you're using aircooling). I can pretty much guarantee that the GPU isn't being fully utilized if it's staying at that low of a temperature.(unless you're watercooling it)

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

Did use msi afterburner and while gaming it went up to around 1300mhz or something, and yes latest drivers and everything & about the C it went up to around 45 at some points, 28 idle.

Those games aren't demanding...at least I don't think so, so that should be able to take those on with ease...hmm. But I gotta ask, what resolution are you playing at?

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

Those games aren't demanding...at least I don't think so. But I gotta ask, what resolution are you playing at?

Playing at 1920x1080p, did a test when my friend with the worse computer ( only cpu the same ) and the 650 card and she had more fps than me at the exact same settings, i called the company that solt it and he said i should  be seeing 200+ at ultra and that i should send it back so they can check it.. im just trying to figure out if its actually something wrong or not

Do you have a regular 60hz monitor or do you have 100hz - 144hz one? 

Regular human bartender...Jackie Daytona.

Do you have a regular 60hz monitor or do you have 100hz - 144hz one? 

Using a 144 asus, i did however try it with 60 hz aswell but wasnt any difference

Drivers installed correctly?

I would also use an OC tool like MSI Afterburner to monitor the clockspeeds to make sure that it's not staying at its idle clocks. (or you could just look at it using a tool like GPU-Z).

35 C when gaming is wayyyy too low (err, nothing is technically "too low", 35 C is just abnormally low if you're using aircooling). I can pretty much guarantee that the GPU isn't being fully utilized if it's staying at that low of a temperature.(unless you're watercooling it)

Dude's playing in North Pole. 

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

Playing at 1920x1080p, did a test when my friend with the worse computer ( only cpu the same ) and the 650 card and she had more fps than me at the exact same settings, i called the company that solt it and he said i should  be seeing 200+ at ultra and that i should send it back so they can check it.. im just trying to figure out if its actually something wrong or not

Okay then it's safe to dismiss the 3.5GB thing as being an issue. I dunno, I'm no real GPU expert unlike a lot of others on this forum. Wait and see what they have to say. :P

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

Download 3Dmark and run firestrike. Send us the link so we can try to troubleshoot. 

Dude's playing in North Pole. 

Sweden, so close :D but yeah, 28 idle temp and around 40-45 gaming

Download 3Dmark and run firestrike. Send us the link so we can try to troubleshoot. 

I did benchmark it with Unigine Valley, at "high" I got a score of 4200 i believe, max fps around 140 i think and lowest 40 i think, i plugged the pc out and using my old one atm since i was about to ship it back (the customer support told me to since he thought something was wrong after hearing the wow fps) im just doing some research before, I can however plug it in again if needed

Sweden, so close :D but yeah, 28 idle temp and around 40-45 gaming

Add +1000 to the GPU clock. Crank that soulja boy.

What I mean is that, is your GPU overclocked?

is the card running in pcie 3.0 x16?

just making sure it's not plugged into a 1x slot Or something

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

is the card running in pcie 3.0 x16?

just making sure it's not plugged into a 1x slot Or something

I have no idea tbh, im not into computers that much , hence i bought it preinstalled from "komplett" which is the biggest in sweden norway etc... so Im thinking its plugged in correctly :o

Using a 144 asus, i did however try it with 60 hz aswell but wasnt any difference

Hmm I would hesitate to see a 970 struggle with 144hz, what game are you playing and are you maxing settings in all games that are applicable.

Regular human bartender...Jackie Daytona.

Did nothing to it at all, stock settings

Send us a picture of your GPU-Z.

If possible, overclock your GPU using EVGA precision and benchmark it again.

Hmm I would hesitate to see a 970 struggle with 144hz, what game are you playing and are you maxing settings in all games that are applicable.

144hz @ 1080p is a cake for a 970.

So far ive only tried lol,wow and csgo. csgo wasnt any problem at all, however league dropped to 80 and lagged a bit, and wow is unplayable at ultra, I called them asking when my friend got better frames with a far worse pc in wow, and the guy said i should be getting 200+ in wow, while im at 50 on high settings, not even ultra.. and 12-30 on ultra in a capital

So far ive only tried lol,wow and csgo. csgo wasnt any problem at all, however league dropped to 80 and lagged a bit, and wow is unplayable at ultra, I called them asking when my friend got better frames with a far worse pc in wow, and the guy said i should be getting 200+ in wow, while im at 50 on high settings, not even ultra.. and 12-30 on ultra in a capital

Have you tried reinstalling your game? When I play League with uncapped fps, I get around 500+ fps. It does crash after a couple of minutes when the fps in uncapped.

Have you tried reinstalling your game? When I play League with uncapped fps, I get around 500+ fps. It does crash after a couple of minutes when the fps in uncapped.

I have not, and I will, ill also send the gpu-z.. just need to plug the pc back in

We'll be waiting.