Gaming depression, bought a good gaming rig but no intention to play...

bydus

I dunno, I used to enjoy games a while ago, now I just don't I would launch a game play for an hour or two and leave it. I had PS4 and therefore not many games to play now that I have PC and steam I have so many titles to play and in the end I don't play any of them, I would launch BF4 play a game or two and then nothing. I have so many games installed but no intention of playing, I feel like i'm wasting time, I work during a week and then I always feel like I'm loosing time, even if I do productive things along the day. I find myself playing some mobile games like Monument valley or watching movies on ipad more often then playing. I want to get the sensation of accomplishment in games and I can't seem to find any these days in most things I do... 

Try hiding all the games in your library that you are sure of you'll never play. you should end up with 10-20 games or so. Now you'll feel like playing something again

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 GPU: GTX 1070 TI RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB (4x4) Mobo: ASUS Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac) PSU: Corsair RM Series RM750 Case: Fractal Design Define R4 no window

I had this happen to me a while back. Just play no games until you want to play one game really bad.

I dunno, I used to enjoy games a while ago, now I just don't I would launch a game play for an hour or two and leave it. I had PS4 and therefore not many games to play now that I have PC and steam I have so many titles to play and in the end I don't play any of them, I would launch BF4 play a game or two and then nothing. I have so many games installed but no intention of playing, I feel like i'm wasting time, I work during a week and then I always feel like I'm loosing time, even if I do productive things along the day. I find myself playing some mobile games like Monument valley or watching movies on ipad more often then playing. I want to get the sensation of accomplishment in games and I can't seem to find any these days in most things I do... 

Play arma 3,trust me just buy it and go on some altis life servers

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

bydus you obviously want more from life and want to accomplish something outside of finishing games so you just got to figure out what that is.  For me I know what that is and it means taking painful risks that I am not prepared to do at this point.  Also I found that at times I was gaming alone and not gaming with people that I thought would game with me and it made it miserable.  If this is the situation the only way to resolve it is to find friends that game.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I had this happen to me a while back. Just play no games until you want to play one game really bad.

I did that worked well!

My PC: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/MN3YwP

Wish I could afford to do giveaways for you guys, Sorry school doesn't pay me! <3

Play arma 3,trust me just buy it and go on some altis life servers

I've actually been thinking about Altis Life the past few days.

Any good running, decent quality servers out there that don't involve some timely whitelist/interview process?

I miss my pickup truck and endless drug runs.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

I get this way too

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

At some point in life other things become more important then games. Take a break.

It happens to most people every now and then, nothing wrong with taking a break from it.

I went almost 2 years not playing a game, now I got PAC-MAN FEVER!

Just give it time!

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

Im not in your state completely, but i do feel lile im wasting my time.

Im fucking 24 now and i go to work and all my spare time goes to PC :/

That is very sad for someone who used to have real interests and friends.

I would love to change that but then i get even more depressed about how shitty life is where u have to work 5 days a week doing things u dont like otherwise u have no money to pay bills... misserable life without goals.

I truly hope u gey better and find the joy in gaming or something else :)

First time ive seen such post on this forum since i joined.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Thanks for all input. I dunno maybe I just became too dependent on "system" life style. I spend most of my time during a day in front of the screen, and when I get back I still have things to do before I can have time for myself and when I do I'm usually too tired to enjoy anything I guess. It's weird but I feel like i'm doing the same thing everyday with no purpose and I want to do something different but I'm too dependent on my job to do so, also I'm scared to do something different, change my life for something different. I'm starting to question buying a gaming rig in a first place if i'm not using it to the fullest. I'm a depression like person i guess i get in the state when i go from day to day and nothing makes me happy and I don't really know what I want to be honest.. life used to be so much simpler back in the day when I was younger, i'm 27 now and its sucks ass for me at least. I get very easily distracted and things that I have to do or have in advance to do are on the back of my mind instead of relaxing. Sorry if thats too deep for this forum but just wanted to share with someone. 

Try picking up an MMO. Or maybe look around for a game with a story that interests you, regardless of graphics/mechanics. Maybe pick up an old school rpg.

I've been feeling the same way for a while, still play SWTOR even though it's now managed by EA and terrible as a result. Dying light has been a semi fun distraction from that, although the story has gotten bad towards the end, at least in my opinion.

They kill the hot chick off

:(

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I've actually been thinking about Altis Life the past few days.

Any good running, decent quality servers out there that don't involve some timely whitelist/interview process?

I miss my pickup truck and endless drug runs.

well for a cop you need to be whitelisted,otherwise not

just join a popular server,meet some people, become friends with them, have fun!

On my first week on Altis life i met about 5 people ,in a gang,and im still playing with them

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

This isn't gaming depression

This is actual depression

You aren't finding life fun it sounds like.

If that isn't the case, then just quit gaming for a while

Main PC: 4690k // Z97 // R9 280 3GB // 8gb Ram // CM Elite 430 Case // 750 EVGA B PSU // 1TB HDD

Living Room "Console" PC: FX 8350 // 990a SLI Krait // R7 360 // 8gb Ram // HAF 912 // 750 EVGA B PSU // 1TB HDD

Future Plans:

find a 2nd monitor at a pawn shop

Sell/giveaway R7 360, move r9 280 into console PC, buy a better GPU for main PC.

This isn't gaming depression

This is actual depression

You aren't finding life fun it sounds like.

If that isn't the case, then just quit gaming for a while

Main PC: 4690k // Z97 // R9 280 3GB // 8gb Ram // CM Elite 430 Case // 750 EVGA B PSU // 1TB HDD

Living Room "Console" PC: FX 8350 // 990a SLI Krait // R7 360 // 8gb Ram // HAF 912 // 750 EVGA B PSU // 1TB HDD

Future Plans:

find a 2nd monitor at a pawn shop

Sell/giveaway R7 360, move r9 280 into console PC, buy a better GPU for main PC.

Happens to me once every month. When it happens, I just find myself watching youtube videos or reading some manga. :|

Or it's something that other people has. I'm talking about some kind of disorder where people would do everything that it takes to get something that they really want (object, etc) but then when they have it, they feel like it's a useless thing. It's no use or It doesn't make them happy.

-You get what you want, but not what you need.

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

I still enjoy games, I just have so many from the winter sale and stuff it almost feels like work getting through them. I need to try and stick with a game until the end and nit have a bunch running at once

You need to take a break, plain and simple. In my life I've found two times when I was able to sink all my spare time into games and still find it rewarding.

When I was young, no responsibilities and no worries.

The second time is now, just hit 40 settled down with GF and son. I don't have much free time but I'm more into gaming than ever and in last year built a nice gaming rig and bought a Wii U. Loving it.

I found in my twenties and early thirties I was looking for definition and a trying to build a life, I lost interest in gaming and would feel guilty spending too much time doing it (though never completely stopped). You need to find purpose, then gaming can happily find its space in your life. Do regular exercise also, healthy body, mind etc.

5950 - 3090 - 32gb - Aorus FV43U - Steam Deck - Fuji xPro 3 - Olympus OM1 n

Thanks for all input. I dunno maybe I just became too dependent on "system" life style. I spend most of my time during a day in front of the screen, and when I get back I still have things to do before I can have time for myself and when I do I'm usually too tired to enjoy anything I guess. It's weird but I feel like i'm doing the same thing everyday with no purpose and I want to do something different but I'm too dependent on my job to do so, also I'm scared to do something different, change my life for something different. I'm starting to question buying a gaming rig in a first place if i'm not using it to the fullest. I'm a depression like person i guess i get in the state when i go from day to day and nothing makes me happy and I don't really know what I want to be honest.. life used to be so much simpler back in the day when I was younger, i'm 27 now and its sucks ass for me at least. I get very easily distracted and things that I have to do or have in advance to do are on the back of my mind instead of relaxing. Sorry if thats too deep for this forum but just wanted to share with someone. 

Try something completely different! If you're not enjoying what you're doing you need to change something. Don't waste your time trying to find a game that holds you in front of the screen.

Think about what you've enjoyed in your youth. Did you like skateboarding? Buy a freaking skateboard. Did you enjoy music? Buy a guitar. You can learn and do everything you want as long as you're really into it. Really, it's worth it. I don't care if you're 20 or 50, if you're 120 lbs or 500. I've seen donut enjoying cops doing skateboard tricks, I've seen my grandma learning guitar with 74. Whatever you wanna do, just do it.

Don't give a damn about what others might think.

After work you go home. On Friday, you go home for the weekend (if you're not working at the weekend). Your PC is at home. Do you see the problem? Go outside. Ejoy snow, rain, whatever fits you. And really just try something again what you've enjoyed when you were younger. Or try something what you've never done before. Stop being productive in your spare time. Do something that you enjoy. 

And buy some new CDs. Music is always a good choice. Find something that you like or just try the complete opposite. Check out local bands. Or go to a concert. Do something that makes you feel better than :wub: . 

“For if we are truly created equal, then surely the love we commit to one another must be equal as well.” 
― Barack Obama

Tech:

Daily Driver: MacBook Pro 15" TB (mid-2018), Intel Core i7-8850H, 16 GB DDR4 2400 MHz, 512 GB SSD, AMD Radeon Pro 560XWeight lifting: Dell Alienware 15 R4, Intel Core i7-8750H, 16 GB DDR4 2400 MHz SK Hynix, Nvidia GTX 1070 on 15" 1080p TN Gsync 120Hz, Intel Pro 7600p PCIe NVMe 256 GB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 15" 1920x1080 TN Gsync 120Hz, Windows 10 Pro, Fedora 30, K.L, P.OS. The Home Panel: Samsung C34H892, 34" Ultra Wide 3440x1440p, VA, 60Hz.

Tumblr - Riot-Company, CA

I did this in college. Didn't play shit from 2003-2007....then COD4 and Crysis got me. Honestly though I did play a few games like HL2, COD1&2 but that's about it. Now I play the shit out of everything. If it is a game and it runs on PC, I will go in dry and destroy it. 

Good times.

Win10 | Z77 Extreme4 | 3570k | Evga GTX 980 Ti SC+| 16GB Ripjaws | Corsair RM650 | CrucalMX 100 256 x2| Senn HD 558 |BenQ Zowie EC1A| KBP V60 Blues | Acer XB270H |

Gaming is a passion like there are plenty out there.

People that are passionate for reading got bored sometimes; because when you're not in the mood to do something, you only see the bad part of it.

For example, let's say you're not in gaming at all, but in a volleyball team. Everything is fun, until you get bored for a reason; then you'll see that it's frustrating that your winning is in relation with your team mate skills, that if only one fails, then the team falls. You have to take your car to go there and so on.

What do you mean by accomplishment ? What's the accomplishment of reading a book ? Listening to music ? Watching a movie ?

I know a guy that goes to the cinema every day once his work day is over, that's his passion; if yours is to play video games, so be it. 

Just take a break if you're a bit bored.

CPU: i7 4790K | MB: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 32Go Hyper X Fury 1866MHz | GPU's: GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Corsair AX 850 | Storage: Vertex 3, 2x Sandisk Ultra II,Velociraptor | Case : Corsair Air 540

Mice: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Headset: Steelseries H wireless