So AMD uploaded the new video.

Tiber1337

The VRAM was not the only problem, the amount of ROPS and L2 cache is also less than they listed. Just go with it and have a laugh, this video is supposed to be a joke. 

did you buy your 970 based on the number of rops and l2 cache?

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

The lack of hardware integration, invovling the cache and relation to the number of ROPs, is the reason 970 owner lose performance in up to 17% of the VRAM.

So the short answer is yes, anyone who bought a 4GB 970 expected to have those ROP units and the right size L2 cache... even if they never looked at those numbers.

Nah, I am fine for now with my 780 lol,    I think the 970 still performs good, but it still seems deceiving. Don't get me wrong, the 970 is still the card I would buy at around $300-ish but it is just a little worse than what was told in the specs. The problem is that they mislead people by it.

instead of relying in the strength of there products they seam to be firing (inaccurate) shots at nvidia. let your products speak for themselves. for me any company that feels the need to attack there rivals like this do so from a position of weakness. also the 970 has 4gb of vram. fact. the speed of the 970 is at question not the amount of v ram

Seems to me like you are unconciously dissatisfied, if you really were satisfied with your 970 (which you should be because it's still a good card) then you wouldn't have to put that undertitle and be butthurt about this

it would give that video 3.5/4 :P

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

If you understand spanish its not funny :/

I understand Spanish and I still find it funny xD.

It's hard not to laugh either way lol.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

Hmm...I'll have to watch this quite a bit later.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

AMD's marketing department seems very... Childish...

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

This video makes me want to buy a video card from a company with a less immature marketing department. >.>  (Or does Nvidia stoop to this level too?)

The image in the tweet saying "4GB means 4GB"... okay. A light jab at a misleading spec, but nothing more. (Minus a few points for depicting a card with a cooler that can't even maintain the advertised clock speed though.) This video is just 5 1/2 minutes of garbage though. >.>

well that was kinda childish ..... and too boring we need something more intense.....

still i kinda have started to like amd... i may switch ....

I think the whole iwant4GB campaign from them on twitter is genius.

Much more clever than these stupid adds.

I signed up for it because i would not mind getting a 290x xD

ABbhrDn.png

970 minutes to WIN , thats comedic gold right there my friend.

Funniest shit ever!!! Laughed my ass off.

Holy moly, I can't stop laughing :'D

CPU: Intel i7 3970X @ 4.7 GHz  (custom loop)   RAM: Kingston 1866 MHz 32GB DDR3   GPU(s): 2x Gigabyte R9 290OC (custom loop)   Motherboard: Asus P9X79   

Case: Fractal Design R3    Cooling loop:  360 mm + 480 mm + 1080 mm,  tripple 5D Vario pump   Storage: 500 GB + 240 GB + 120 GB SSD,  Seagate 4 TB HDD

PSU: Corsair AX860i   Display(s): Asus PB278Q,  Asus VE247H   Input: QPad 5K,  Logitech G710+    Sound: uDAC3 + Philips Fidelio x2

HWBot: http://hwbot.org/user/tame/

Hmm, a nice ad :D

But now AMD basically said that they'll bring everything that's been rumored for their cards (and if remember, it was something along the lines of 4000~ bus O.o)... If they don't amaze us now, it's gonna be pretty bad for them...

that bus could bottlencek older cpu's

Whis is indeed a problem for AMD... -_-

Well, i'm still hoping AMD releases something extremely good so we could have a competition :) We'll see in a few months....

Dirty marketing at it's finest. AMD shouldn't be stooping this low.

That tweet about "if you're trading in your 970, our 290s have 4gb ram for real, this offer will expire in 970 minutes"

That's just bad. Companies shouldn't be doing it to each other.

Another example is Microsoft's Surface ads, comparing to the macbook air. although i don't get annoyed when i see those, it's a little less severe.

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

seconded

their processors would be the one's suffering the most followed by "maybe" even sandy bridges 

Yeah... They make good GPU's, but their CPU's (not APU's, they're perfect for office PC's, especially if those office workers like playing Moba's in their free time :P)... They need a new architecture, ASAP, but we all know that isn't happening till 2016(?)

On the topic of their GPU's, they're fine performance wise, they should just lessen the power consumption, so they could have a bigger foothold in mobile (laptop's/AIO) gaming market :) I can't wait to see what they're bringing with 300 series, but i'm hoping i'm not overestimating them... -_-

Dirty marketing at it's finest. AMD shouldn't be stooping this low.

That tweet about "if you're trading in your 970, our 290s have 4gb ram for real, this offer will expire in 970 minutes"

That's just bad. Companies shouldn't be doing it to each other.

Another example is Microsoft's Surface ads, comparing to the macbook air. although i don't get annoyed when i see those, it's a little less severe.

i though that campaign was hilarious.

Face it AMD hasnt had dirt on this scale on NVIDIA for a while.

It NVIDIA was doing this to AMD no one would bat an eye.

i though that campaign was hilarious.

Face it AMD hasnt had dirt on this scale on NVIDIA for a while.

It NVIDIA was doing this to AMD no one would bat an eye.

It was kinda funny (I laughed a lot more at the "NVIDIA Engineer" Talking about the 4gb)

If NVIDIA was doing this, i would be saying the same thing about them, which company it is doesn't matter to me.

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

It was kinda funny (I laughed a lot more at the "NVIDIA Engineer" Talking about the 4gb)

If NVIDIA was doing this, i would be saying the same thing about them, which company it is doesn't matter to me.

Samsung does  all the time.

And sony as well.

Samsung does  all the time.

And sony as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA

That went right over my head... I suppose that video is the extent of console culture...

I remember samsung doing those ads comparing their phone with an iphone.

I see a difference between making fun of another companies design choices, and absolutely taking the piss when something worse happens (in the opinion of the people who are getting refunds) and taking advantage of it.

Epic! :D Just kick them while thye are down!(jk) AMD really takes their time making some funny videos.

What AMD doe's here is pretty childish not funny.

Company's doing Videos AGAINST another Company are Stupid! Why dont Company's just do a Video about theyre product instead of against the competitions product!

Edit: Samsung and Sony aren't Better!

Company's doing Videos AGAINST another Company are Stupid! Why dont Company's just do a Video about theyre product instead of against the competitions product!

It's satire.

What about Apple?