So AMD uploaded the new video.

Tiber1337

Hilarious but also ridiculous...AMD , don't you have something to work on other than anti-Nvidia marketing? Hint : 300 series.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

my god this is pathetic. are amd geting that desperate?

To be fair they should seize on the moment for some marketting of their cards, though God on Newegg even Gigabyte's 290X is a 3 egg product. What the Hell is with Sapphire's prices? And what is with Asus', Gigabyte's, and Powercolor's hardware failure rates? I was going to greatly consider treating myself from changing out my school GTX 570 for the 290X, but not at those prices for that horrible reliability rating.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

LOL AMD you're awesome. I swear :"DDDDDD

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

To be fair they should seize on the moment for some marketting of their cards, though God on Newegg even Gigabyte's 290X is a 3 egg product. What the Hell is with Sapphire's prices? And what is with Asus', Gigabyte's, and Powercolor's hardware failure rates? I was going to greatly consider treating myself from changing out my school GTX 570 for the 290X, but not at those prices for that horrible reliability rating.

lol, newegg ratings?  You have to dig deeper than that for real information.

my god this is pathetic. are amd geting that desperate?

The "fixer" series has always been pretty satire laden and ever so obviously comical in nature and overblown in style while still poking at the unnamed green wearing competition.

Settle down bud.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

How is it pathetic? You cannot joke around anymore? 

instead of relying in the strength of there products they seam to be firing (inaccurate) shots at nvidia. let your products speak for themselves. for me any company that feels the need to attack there rivals like this do so from a position of weakness. also the 970 has 4gb of vram. fact. the speed of the 970 is at question not the amount of v ram

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

The guy was using a 295x2 with a fx 8350.

Lol.

and a stock cooler....

lol, newegg ratings? You have to dig deeper than that for real information.

User reviews across Amazon, Newegg, Pcpartpicker, overclock.net, and other vendors are just brimming with failed cards even in the last 2 months. I'm glad I just bought a low end Firepro to work with openCL 2.0.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

oh AMD..... don't even know what to say than that you are trolling the heck out of green team... hope it does not end up being all bs... we (consumers) need some real competition (*cough* *cough* cpu's *cough* *cough*)

Hilarious but also ridiculous...AMD , don't you have something to work on other than anti-Nvidia marketing? Hint : 300 series.

I'm gonna go ahead and blow your mind now.......in a completely unprecedented new business tactic they actually have a separate teams for marketing and engineering! 

Completely unheard of i know! I think nvidia may be coming around to this wierd idea though, they engineering team over there seems to have a weird marketing strategy of putting up random number as specs and they may actually benefit from a separate team to work strictly on marketing.

/sarcasm

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

Lf9pQqj.png

User reviews across Amazon, Newegg, Pcpartpicker, overclock.net, and other vendors are just brimming with failed cards even in the last 2 months. I'm glad I just bought a low end Firepro to work with openCL 2.0.

I don't want to get into it, but really... is this how you investigate your purchases Mr. Masters of Computer Sciences at Miami University?  :P

Reviews are always the loud minority as it were. Tons of people are going to go back to rate and comment if the card fails, while a majority of the people not being enraged by failed cards will go on with thar lives and not bother to put in a good word.

There's obviously SOMETHING to be gained from user reviews but take them with massive blocks of salt. Which is pretty obvious to everyone.

Basically just said what everyone already knew. This is a pointless comment.

EDIT: Actually basically all user reviews on newegg/amazon are 4-5/5 stars. I'm not seeing the low ratings :/

I don't want to get into it, but really... is this how you investigate your purchases Mr. Masters of Computer Sciences at Miami University? :P

Look into the reviews themselves. I'm sure people who bought the card nearly 2 years ago and are enthusiasts are having fun.

Look into the reviews themselves. I'm sure people who bought the card nearly 2 years ago and are enthusiasts are having fun.

I don't understand what you are saying.  :(

Reviews are always the loud minority as it were. Tons of people are going to go back to rate and comment if the card fails, while a majority of the people not being enraged by failed cards will go on with thar lives and not bother to put in a good word.

There's obviously SOMETHING to be gained from user reviews but take them with massive blocks of salt. Which is pretty obvious to everyone.

Basically just said what everyone already knew. This is a pointless comment.

EDIT: Actually basically all user reviews on newegg/amazon are 4-5/5 stars. I'm not seeing the low ratings :/

Gigabyte G1 290X, Asus direct CU and at least 2 others below the $320 price point have 3 egg averages with a bunch of 1s and 2s added in the last 2 months.

You say loud minority, I say BS. There are plenty of electronics products on newegg with multiple hundreds and even thousands of 4 and 5-egg ratings with good reviews. Where's the loud disgruntled minority? Correlation is not causation, but they do go hand in hand.

I don't understand what you are saying. :(

Go into the actual lists of reviews, not just the average, and look at the last 2 months especially. Quality assurance either took a nose dive or there were sleeping defects all along.

Go into the actual lists of reviews, not just the average, and look at the last 2 months especially. Quality assurance either took a nose dive or there were sleeping defects all along.

From what, 2 people?  10?  20?

I'm pretty sure the actor playing The Fixer isn't involved in the engineering of the R9 380x though.

From what, 2 people? 10? 20?

40. Computer enthusiasts especially are actually pretty good about leaving reviews unless the experience was mediocre. If it was good reviews are just as likely as when the experience is bad.

Gigabyte G1 290X, Asus direct CU and at least 2 others below the $320 price point have 3 egg averages with a bunch of 1s and 2s added in the last 2 months.

You say loud minority, I say BS. There are plenty of electronics products on newegg with multiple hundreds and even thousands of 4 and 5-egg ratings with good reviews. Where's the loud disgruntled minority? Correlation is not causation, but they do go hand in hand.

The highest amount of user reviews i can find on Newegg is 105 reviews on the sapphire version. With the amount of cards out there i'd hardly call this any kind of a usable test bed and personally would hardly even recognize it as something to sway my purchase decisions with those numbers.

The highest amount of user reviews i can find on Newegg is 105 reviews on the sapphire version. With the amount of cards out there i'd hardly call this any kind of a usable test bed and personally would hardly even recognize it as something to sway my purchase decisions with those numbers.

Because you have no formal experience with data gathering and statistical analysis. 200 out of 2 million is enough to make a 95% confident analysis.