What should I review next?

Lian Li's PC-09, InWin 909. Really hould not have gave that terrible Anidees Case good remarks, I heard that case was all for show, but quality control was a huge issue on it

On 2015-01-29 at 4:24 AM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

Just want some community feedback on this. Most of these things are already in the queue to some degree. Just trying to prioritize...

Hmm... I think this is litterally one of the craziest things I've ever seen up to date, I'd love to see a review of this...

SWEDX SM28K1-01 Is one of the cheapest 4k monitors i've ever seen, I am not sure how to explain this product but its price defy the standard 4k market prices. It's a Swedish product so who knows how good it could be ._.

Price: 331.63 USD??!?

It's a Swedish website... But seriously I am not sure what to say about it... Is it too good to be true?

http://swedx.se/product_info.php?products_id=986

Also the specs is located at the "Specifikation" tab in that website right above the information and the picture of the product.

I would love to see a comparison of CAT ELC (Premium quality water/glycol coolant safe for dissimilar metals) verses the premium liquid coolant for PCs.  I'd even donate a 4L jug of Cat ELC to see it.

After recently picking up a 980ti i ran some 3d mark 11 benches. what i found was an old 2600k was outscoring a couple of later gen i5's with 1070 & 1080's. Yes 3d mark isn't the be all but it is a guide.

P19146 MSI 980ti Gaming 6G 1520 core/1878 mem - i7 2600k @4.5GHz - 16 Gb G.skill 2133 CL9 - Asus Z68 Deluxe Gen 3
P18486 - EVGA GTX1080 FTW @ 2100/5000 - 4670k@4.2Ghz - Avexir 2133Mhz - 16GB Asus Z87 Gryphon mATX
P18367 - Asus GTX 1070 ROG Strix - i5 6600k @ 4.2 Ghz - 16GB HyperX Fury @ 2800Mhz - Asus Maximus VIII Hero

I have also seen some talk recently that the i5 is bottlenecking the 1070 in 1080p 144hz applications. Up till now the i5 was always a good choice for a gaming rig. but now with Pascal is it still a good choice? Some testing & review would be nice.

1 hour ago, VirtualNinja said:

After recently picking up a 980ti i ran some 3d mark 11 benches. what i found was an old 2600k was outscoring a couple of later gen i5's with 1070 & 1080's. Yes 3d mark isn't the be all but it is a guide.

I have also seen some talk recently that the i5 is bottlenecking the 1070 in 1080p 144hz applications. Up till now the i5 was always a good choice for a gaming rig. but now with Pascal is it still a good choice? Some testing & review would be nice.

Depends on the game,but a i5 6600k at 4.5 bottlenecks a GTX 1070 up to 15% at 1080p144Hz in GTA 5

The Cat S60!
Also, a budget microphone. Like, super budget. maybe a few?

Woo!

Water cooling pumps/reservoirs (which are the best?), affordable desk chairs, gps lowjack devices (for bikes, valuables, etc), and dash cams.

Primary PC-

CPU: Intel i7-6800k @ 4.2-4.4Ghz   CPU COOLER: Bequiet Dark Rock Pro 4   MOBO: MSI X99A SLI Plus   RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX quad-channel DDR4-2800  GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 SC2 iCX   PSU: Corsair RM1000i   CASE: Corsair 750D Obsidian   SSDs: 500GB Samsung 960 Evo + 256GB Samsung 850 Pro   HDDs: Toshiba 3TB + Seagate 1TB   Monitors: Acer Predator XB271HUC 27" 2560x1440 (165Hz G-Sync)  +  LG 29UM57 29" 2560x1080   OS: Windows 10 Pro

Album

Other Systems:

Spoiler

Home HTPC/NAS-

CPU: AMD FX-8320 @ 4.4Ghz  MOBO: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3   RAM: 16GB dual-channel DDR3-1600  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 760 OC   PSU: Rosewill 750W   CASE: Antec Gaming One   SSD: 120GB PNY CS1311   HDDs: WD Red 3TB + WD 320GB   Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2693HM 26" 1920x1200 -or- Steam Link to Vizio M43C1 43" 4K TV  OS: Windows 10 Pro

Offsite NAS/VM Server-

CPU: 2x Xeon E5645 (12-core)  Model: Dell PowerEdge T610  RAM: 16GB DDR3-1333  PSUs: 2x 570W  SSDs: 8GB Kingston Boot FD + 32GB Sandisk Cache SSD   HDDs: WD Red 4TB + Seagate 2TB + Seagate 320GB   OS: FreeNAS 11+

Laptop-

CPU: Intel i7-3520M   Model: Dell Latitude E6530   RAM: 8GB dual-channel DDR3-1600  GPU: Nvidia NVS 5200M   SSD: 240GB TeamGroup L5   HDD: WD Black 320GB   Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2693HM 26" 1920x1200   OS: Windows 10 Pro

Having issues with a Corsair AIO? Possible fix here:

Spoiler

Are you getting weird fan behavior, speed fluctuations, and/or other issues with Link?

Are you running AIDA64, HWinfo, CAM, or HWmonitor? (ASUS suite & other monitoring software often have the same issue.)

Corsair Link has problems with some monitoring software so you may have to change some settings to get them to work smoothly.

-For AIDA64: First make sure you have the newest update installed, then, go to Preferences>Stability and make sure the "Corsair Link sensor support" box is checked and make sure the "Asetek LC sensor support" box is UNchecked.

-For HWinfo: manually disable all monitoring of the AIO sensors/components.

-For others: Disable any monitoring of Corsair AIO sensors.

That should fix the fan issue for some Corsair AIOs (H80i GT/v2, H110i GTX/H115i, H100i GTX and others made by Asetek). The problem is bad coding in Link that fights for AIO control with other programs. You can test if this worked by setting the fan speed in Link to 100%, if it doesn't fluctuate you are set and can change the curve to whatever. If that doesn't work or you're still having other issues then you probably still have a monitoring software interfering with the AIO/Link communications, find what it is and disable it.

Hey guys, 

Don't know if this is tech enough.

But wake up lights. That is alarm clock that wakes you up with natural light instead of sound.

This is something that would be done by a few people, for a week each. Also gives them an excuse to be late if it doesn't work.

https://www.amazon.ca/Philips-HF3520-Wake-Up-Coloured-Simulation/dp/B0093162RM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1471572143&sr=8-2&keywords=light+up+philips

The MikroTik Cloud Router Switch 125-24G-1S-RM- a manged switch and fiber router all build in one device, connect the fiber from ISP directly to switch, LCD touchscreen and it has many other bonus features, worth going for what it can do.

https://routerboard.com/CRS125-24G-1S-RM

API why we can't go beyond 8 GB of ram or is it 4GB? 

Pre-amps, are they necessary, what are some good low-range, mid-range, and high priced versions?

Hi Linus,

I would like to see Luke review the new EVGA DG-87 Gaming case.

http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=100-E1-1236-K0

I would like to see Linus review the new MSI GT72VR Dominator PRO 015 notebook.

https://us.msi.com/Laptop/GT72VR-Dominator-Pro-6th-Gen-GTX-1070.html#hero-overview

My son Jonathan purchased this notebook for college to replace an aging Thinkpad X220t tablet notebook.

He can't get over how much faster the GT72VR is compared to his desktop.

Maybe it's because the GT72VR has a full nVidia GTX1070 video card inside.

The GT72VR also does not have a good online review yet. Linus could beat the crowd

Pete...

Edited by MENINBLK
additional comments...

On 1/28/2015 at 10:25 PM, vinyldash303 said:

Bootcamp is always fun, and I wouldn't mind seeing what that iMac can do. Maybe OC the GPU to really push the thermals to the limit?

i like your idea but... the thing thermal throttles at its base clocks, i doubt you would be able to oc it

3 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

IIRC that was posted before the the results of testing were posted but I could be wrong. That post is over a year old. It's been a while. 

oh whoops maybe i should've looked at the date lol 

14 hours ago, TheRandomness said:

For what?

For gaming on pc, if games could use more then 4GB of ram would they run better and smoother (ram on the motherboard that is)

On 1/28/2015 at 9:24 PM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

Just want some community feedback on this. Most of these things are already in the queue to some degree. Just trying to prioritize...

Thermaltake Core X5!