First test country self driving cars legal

ili199

Holland just became the first country with self driving cars officially legal.

A quote from the minister of infrastructure "The age of self-driving cars has arrived. Developments in this field will change the relationship between driver and vehicle more in the next twenty years than anything in the past one hundred years did"

I think it is a great step in the right direction because someone has to start making it possible to test these cars. And ofcorese I am very proud to live in this country. every time I here people talking about how thinks are going in America or even Canada I feel so glad about the infrastructure here because in my opinion it is so much better.

Pleas let me know what you guys think about the self driving cars.

The test will be run around Zwolle

(Red in this picture from Google maps)

post-65045-0-40452600-1422099146_thumb.p

Link to the official website of the government from the Netherlands:

http://www.government.nl/news/2014/06/17/schultz-advocates-large-scale-testing-of-self-driving-cars-on-dutch-roads.html

Holland just became the first country with self driving cars officially legal.

A quote from the minister of infrastructure "The age of self-driving cars has arrived. Developments in this field will change the relationship between driver and vehicle more in the next twenty years than anything in the past one hundred years did"

I think it is a great step in the right direction because someone has to start making it possible to test these cars. And ofcorese I am very proud to live in this country. every time I here people talking about how thinks are going in America or even Canada I feel so glad about the infrastructure here because in my opinion it is so much better.

Pleas let me know what you guys think about the self driving cars.

The test will be run around Zwolle

(Red in this picture from Google maps)

attachicon.gifAfbeelding1.png

Link to the official website of the government from the Netherlands:

http://www.government.nl/news/2014/06/17/schultz-advocates-large-scale-testing-of-self-driving-cars-on-dutch-roads.html

yay voor ons

Soon, all taxi, lorry drivers will become unemployed. 

I don't even mind, you can only get the overpriced Mercedez taxis and not just a cheaper ride in a cheaper cars.

We need alternatives, especially cheaper ones.

I can't take a taxi and pay less than 50EU for a few KMs so the current pricing is retarded and makes me refuse to ever get one.

Was in the Netherlands once and as I was in a hurry I called a Taxi. The taxi was busy because he was 2 towns away... :/ The ONLY taxi...

YES, this is good. I really hope self driving cars will become more and more mainstream very soon (once they actually work). I hate driving myself it just seems like such a waste of time

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

So whats the implication on driving licenses?

Do you still need a license to use your own self driving car?

If there were self driving taxis, there might be no one in it who has a license? How would cash payment be handled?

How will traffic accidents be handled?

Who will be held accountable for damage and casualties?

What about the jobs that could be lost if this became widespread?

Or are your people in Barbie and Ken world where none of these problems can exist?

These problems do exist so that's why we have to test these cars. Here in Holland we have a lot of bicycles so there is the potential of a lot of problems in traffic if the cars do not react as good as needed.

It is important to know that not everyone can buy a self-driving car today and start to use it. it is only for companies who want to test them and together with other cars and the police they can drive around on the road. (You can read this in the last paragraph of the article)

And for the people who can lose there jobs, that is the way the world works. When the news apps came to smartphones the news papers did not like it. But now some have made there own app and some are just gone now. That is just the way the world works in the last 500 years or so. When a job is not needed any more it goes away... that's life...

should change the title to "First country to allow self driving cars Legal"

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

Well if automation got to point where most jobs get taken over by machines, services won't be rendered free to consumers, but most of them will be without a source of income.

And I hope humans don't turn into animated potatoes that can't do jack shit on their own due to reliance on machines.

That's why it's best to get into IT now.

Someone's gotta fix the things when it breaks down lol.

Correction:

We're so screwed it's not even funny. We could develop a utopia based on automation, where everything is free and no one has to work....but we know that won't happen. Thus we will end up with economic disaster, rioting, and the general collapse of society.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

That's why it's best to get into IT now.

Someone's gotta fix the things when it breaks down lol.

Correction:

We're so screwed it's not even funny. We could develop a utopia based on automation, where everything is free and no one has to work....but we know that won't happen. Thus we will end up with economic disaster, rioting, and the general collapse of society.

nah hopefully we will, manage, whats needed is goverments to focus on education and social schemes so that the population can stay ahead of the curve and that those who cannot stay ahead are supported with a minimum standard of living

Doen we toch nog iets.

CPU: Intel i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig H5 Motherboard: ASrock Z97 Extreme4  RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu Black Series 8GB GPU: Powercolor R9 390 PCS+

Case Fans: 3X Phobya NB-Eloop 120mm in front + 1X Noiseblocker BlackSilentPRO 140mm, rear HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB  PSU: Corsair CX600M  Case: Corsair Air 540 ODD: LG Supermulti (Yeah whatever)  Monitors: LG25UM55-P, LG 22EN43

nice, but didn't google already test these things with their workers in the US?

Never thought our ministers where looking forward in such way.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Soon, all taxi, lorry drivers will become unemployed. 

--snip--

--snip--

--snip

tumblr_lmyn47BlIN1qa9689.gif

I don't even need to comment. These guys have already said everything i wanted to say

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

nice, but didn't google already test these things with their workers in the US?

Never thought our ministers where looking forward in such way.

No I thought they were just sitting on there ass doing nothing apart from singing something once in a wile.

and specially she...

(I like your location btw)

The Netherlands have been pretty revolutionary in these topics, so that doesn't surprise me. You go, my orange Brethren

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900