Seems Disney is making a tv show about esports... but not the kind you're thinking

Bouzoo

Lol , wait.. wait... what? LOL a thumb injury are you high? 

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

Says the person from the country that whored out who they were to adopt the Western lifestyle. 

See how it works when you say absolutely stupid crap and overreact? You look like a fool.

@Bouzoo please format your post better to fit the guidelines that are stickied on the front page of the Tech News forum

Don't even try, you are trying to speak logic to a Hatsune Miku-obsessed fool. Nothing is going to get in there.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

I personally hate disney with a passion and this film will not make them better inmy eyes 

edit: for info you cannot be a pro player on the pro tour unless you're at least 18 so this movie begin with unrealistic point to begin with (I'll probably watch it anyway and update my thought after)

The premise reminds me of "The World God Only Knows". In that show, a guy who is obsessed with dating simulator games has to go out and charm real girls using skills he has learned from the games.

You need a very high level of self awareness and wit to write that kind of show without insulting the actual "gamers" (or whichever culture you are trying to pander to) though, and I wouldn't be surprised Disney fails.

But who knows? Maybe Disney does a great job representing gaming in a fair way and that gaming is an actual element of the show rather than something they just slap on to pander to gamers.

+1 to reasons why I HATE AMERICA/West.

There are reasons that make better sense than a fucking TV show, you fuckwit (Puritanism, False Dichotomies, Self-Internalized Slippery Slopes, Balance Fallacy, Relativism, and quite a bit more that AREN'T A FUCKING TV SHOW). And even if we went there, I'm largely certain that most Americans aren't being the kind of unreasonable shit you are right now.

Says the person from the country that whored out who they were to adopt the Western lifestyle. 

See how it works when you say absolutely stupid crap and overreact? You look like a fool.

@Bouzoo please format your post better to fit the guidelines that are stickied on the front page of the Tech News forum

I know right? And don't worry, Abe has something to say about that, as far as his agenda is concerned.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

There are reasons that make better sense than a fucking TV show, you fuckwit (Puritanism, False Dichotomies, Self-Internalized Slippery Slopes, Balance Fallacy, Relativism, and quite a bit more that AREN'T A FUCKING TV SHOW)

To be fair, he said it was another reason, not the only reason.

To be fair, he said it was another reason, not the only reason.

He never bothered even linking to his other reasons, so I wouldn't know.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

He never bothered even linking to his other reasons, so I wouldn't know.

But he doesn't have to list them. "+1 to reasons" just means "1 more reason", so it is implied that he has more reasons than just 1.

If I say "episode 3 was another bad star wars movie" I don't have to list episode 1 and 2 as well because it is implied.

But he doesn't have to list them. "+1 to reasons" just means "1 more reason", so it is implied that he has more reasons than just 1.

If I say "episode 3 was another bad star wars movie" I don't have to list episode 1 and 2 as well because it is implied.

True, but that doesn't detract from the oversimplicity of his argument.

This sounds like a show I would turn on, just to laugh my ass off about it.

Is it bad that my dream setup only costs a few thousand not counting the obutto?

CPU: FX-8320

Motherboard: asrock 970Pro3 r2.0

Memory: Team Zeus Blue 8GB DDR3-1600 Memory 

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB DUAL-X Video Card 

Case: Deepcool TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case  

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  

SSD: MX100 128GB

HDD: WD 2TB black edition

A thumb injury???????What???Im pretty sure Disney thinks playing cod with a controller is considered pro gaming.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

A thumb injury???????What???Im pretty sure Disney thinks playing cod with a controller is considered pro gaming.

I think Disney thinks most esports are on dem consoles... :/

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Seeing hope popular freddieW's show on the youtube was, i'm not too surprised this is happening. Wonder how people will take to it. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

...maybe in this world competitive gaming involves playing problem solving games.

I know if I were 15 years old I'd be all over this, but these days not so much. How about you?

I'm 15 and no that is most definitely not appealing to me.... maybe if i were 10ish, you were way off with that demographic xD

Parents would be all over this. And you don't need a thumb to use a mouse for competitive play.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

is forced to attend high school for the first time after a thumb injury sidelines him from the glamorous pro gaming circuit.

THUMB INJURY?!

Who doesn't love another white-kid-and-his-four-best-friends Disney show? I wonder who'll play the obligatory black friend?

...maybe in this world competitive gaming involves playing problem solving games.

"OH NO! I broke my thumb and can't play competitive Candy Crush anymore!"

Why the hell would you be side lined for a thumb injury? last time I checked, you dont play e sports with an xbox controller. Besides, its not as if its high impact. realistically, accommodations would be made. Lighter switches, even a splint if need be.

disney's lack of knowledge about this is really kind of pathetic.

Currently spending money on parts

Ugh. *facepalm*

Something, something, something, famous quote, computer specs, and stuff...

"Disney is bringing a new live-action comedy series to its kid-focused Disney xD network titled Gamer's Guide to Pretty Much Everything that focuses on a pro gamer leaving the eSports circuit and returning to high school.

Cameron Boyce, one of the stars of Disney Channel's Jessie, will play Conor, a 15-year-old "video game phenom" who attends high school "after a thumb injury sidelines him from the glamorous pro gaming circuit," according to a release from Disney. Gamer's Guide to Pretty Much Everything will see Conor use his video gaming skills to overcome real-life, high school-level challenges."

Source: -esports-gamers-guide'>http://www.polygon.com/2015/1/23/7879393/disney-xD-esports-gamers-guide

I know if I were 15 years old I'd be all over this, but these days not so much. How about you?

Please no, they will probably just make fun of e-sports.

They'll turn this:

2014_wc_banner_2.jpg?itok=6kTPSmbB

into a couple of kids playing around a table I know they will