Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Seems Disney is making a tv show about esports... but not the kind you're thinking

"Disney is bringing a new live-action comedy series to its kid-focused Disney xD network titled Gamer's Guide to Pretty Much Everything that focuses on a pro gamer leaving the eSports circuit and returning to high school.

Cameron Boyce, one of the stars of Disney Channel's Jessie, will play Conor, a 15-year-old "video game phenom" who attends high school "after a thumb injury sidelines him from the glamorous pro gaming circuit," according to a release from Disney. Gamer's Guide to Pretty Much Everything will see Conor use his video gaming skills to overcome real-life, high school-level challenges."

Source: -esports-gamers-guide'>http://www.polygon.com/2015/1/23/7879393/disney-xD-esports-gamers-guide

I know if I were 15 years old I'd be all over this, but these days not so much. How about you?

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

+1 to reasons why I HATE AMERICA/West.

"Instinct or Rationality; Which will you choose? Enchanted by a superiority complex"

"what you do in spite of internet speed is inspiring. :3" From Cae - 2015

That's harsh for something this small lol. If this is REALLY making you hate America/West, you need an honest reality check.

That's harsh for something this small lol.

Yeah no, that's just a stupid conculsion to come upon.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X | RAM: 32GB (4x8GB) Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE | Storage: 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2TB ADATA SX8200 Pro (SM2262EN) | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID | Cooling: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 240 | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: NZXT C 750W

The Vault: CPU: Intel Xeon X5687 | RAM: 28GB DDR3-1600 | Motherboard: ASUS P6X58D Premium | Storage: 240GB SanDisk SSD, 4x1TB HDD, 1.2TB ioDrive2 PCIe SSD | GPU: GTX 970 Strix | Cooling: Reeven Ouranos | Case: Cooler Master NR600 | PSU: EVGA 600W White

Apple Corner

MacBook Pro (Early 2015, A1502) 13": CPU: Intel Core i5-5257U | RAM: 16GB DDR3-1867 | Storage: 256GB SSD | GPU: Intel Iris 6100 | iPhone XS Max 64GB (Space Grey) | Apple Watch Series 2 (42mm) | AirPods Pro

Other Assorted Tech

Nintendo Switch | Creality Ender 3 Pro 3D Printer | PS4 Fat | Oculus Rift CV1

Says the person from the country that whored out who they were to adopt the Western lifestyle. 

See how it works when you say absolutely stupid crap and overreact? You look like a fool.

@Bouzoo please format your post better to fit the guidelines that are stickied on the front page of the Tech News forum

Yeah no, that's just a stupid conculsion to come upon.

America does/has some stupid things that could be dislikeable, but to hate a whole country due to something as small as a childish TV show is plain dumb and irrational.

rule 1. for me do not care about other people.

"Instinct or Rationality; Which will you choose? Enchanted by a superiority complex"

What the actual hell

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

Who here wants to bet that this won't be written by people who know anything about video games, gamer culture and eSports?

Mechanical keyboard aficionado, professional fox

Mechanical Keyboard Club | Don't buy "gaming" keyboards, yo

Please quote me so I can see that you replied.

Be proud of who you are.

noooooooooo i wonder how americans gobble this shit up

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.

That's basically an empty headed academic.  And I know how the real world works. "edgy" what is that? Even though Japan adopted western culture, some of us don't accept it as much.

And I've always hated america. ALOT.

As a coping mechanism, he begins to visualize life as a video game. 

breivik-sentenced-630x332.jpg

A comforting show for all children!

/// POLICE ASSAULT IN PROGRESS ///

Really?

yep, this makes me sick to my stomach.

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Thats a fancy way of saying "I'm a teenager who knows nothing about how the real world works but I'm going to talk bullshit to sound edgy on the internet"

rekt

That's basically an empty headed academic.  And I know how the real world works. "edgy" what is that? Even though Japan adopted western culture, some of us don't accept it as much.

And I've always hated america. ALOT.

Really? 

Did America personally insult you? Rub you the wrong way? Violate your beliefs? 

Its one thing to hate what ideologies the American government has for their country. I understand that part. But hating a country? For what exactly? Hating a country that has 300 million people who live there, all with differing views, for what? Can you even explain why you hate them or is it just hyperbole day on the forums? 

Hate is a very strong word, in any culture. You don't just say the word, even though people on the internet have this habit of saying anything and everything for the sake of it. 

Sounds just LOVELY! I'll have to set my dvr to record it so I can watch it over and over.

snip

Don't go there.

Don't go there.

You don't get to make a outlandish statement like that, then say "don't go there" when someone asks you to give some critical thought to it and come up with proper answers. Life doesn't work like that. 

Either tell us all why you hate America so much or stop saying it in areas where it isn't even relevant to what was being discussed in the original post.