Mod mic 4.0 vs AT2020USB or other

#Banana

I know Mod Mic will be  cheaper but i would hate the extra wire hanging off my HD650s,as there is already 2(1 each ear) id probably really hate it as i hate wires to begin with. 

I am looking for a mic solution for voice chat programs. 

Mod mic is $50 which is nice but it will have an extra wire ill have to deal with it would ear-itate me to no end. I'm nitpicky i guess.

The Audio technica AT2020USB costs considerably more at about $130 usd on amazon, not to mention the stand or arm and pop filter would run me up to about $175. but it would not bother me as much and presumably better audio quality. But money is money which comes second to my crazy so i don't know!

OR Do you guys have any other ideas to help a fidgety-little-shit find a mic to pair with his headphones? What do you guys think.

Please note i don't want to tie the mod mic cable to my headphone cable, that was a thought too.

Im currently using the logitech g930 headset but it can drop connection 2 feet away when its still hooked up to the base (WTF lol)

Thanks for helping!

Here is where I would keep my frolics if I had any.

yeah the at2020 is a good mic, just bear in mind condenser mics are highly susceptible to background noise

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

yeah the at2020 is a good mic, just bear in mind condenser mics are highly susceptible to background noise

So probably not good for me, damn. I'm running 5 3000rpm noctua fans in my PC ambient noise though the roof!

Here is where I would keep my frolics if I had any.

So probably not good for me, damn. I'm running 5 3000rpm noctua fans in my PC ambient noise though the roof!

You're giving to have that issue with all consensor mics. Better go with the modmic.

Adding to above mentioned may be here have a look at this Best mic for voice call.

That article is pretty bs. No one needs those expensive mics for voip because they will all sound the same with the compression anyway.

You don't need a high-end consumer grade USB mic to own a USB mic. Blue Snowball sounds better than a ModMic and is still fairly cheap. The CAD U37 (I own one) champagne color often goes on sale for cheap and is more than adequate as well.