Big Intel initiative

Bouzoo

so just higher one more, jokes

while i admire it i believe the best thing to do is to tackle stigmas and preconceptions with the public about game developers. girls dont go in to game development because alot of them dont even think of it because of the way society presents roles to both genders from a young age.

i just hope they dont try to support quotas or anything that can be argued as male discrimination. i also wish they would cancel any plans they have with feminist frequency.

I am all for more women in game development, but what I fear is people without proper requirements being hired just so the company can say "hey look, we're diverse!"  This could lead to serious issues such as inept people running an entire industry into the ground.  I feel like it should be more in the hands of women to be actually interested and engaged in game development rather than companies trying to meet a quota.

My PC specs: 

CPU: i5 3570k @ 4.2 GHz    Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB @ 1866MHz    GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 770 ACX (2-way sli)    Case: Corsair Vengeance C70 (black)    Storage: 128 GB Crucial M4 SSD (boot drive)WD Green 1 TB storage drive    PSU: Corsair RM 850w    Display: BenQ XL2420TE    Cooling: Corsair H100, 5 Noctua NF-F12s    Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate    Mouse: SteelSeries Rival    Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50s  THIS STATEMENT IS YELLOW

Why would they care if men or women develop games? I mean if someone has a good idea and he/she can promote it and make it happen little do we care about the gender

Exactly!

As a side note, there are quite a few women in the industry (based on my personal experience, not any real data).  Look at E3 for example, there are tons of women at E3! 

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

Well... There's a problem:

FemFreq.

They want 50/50 ratio even if the people in who studied a related career are 10/90 for example.

I don't think it means 50/50, they said they want to double the numbers, so maybe its like instead of 15/85, they want 30/70 (just picked random numbers).

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

why the fuck is this even a debate...

honestly.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Well... Looking FremFreq's tweets I wouldn't be that sure :P

Looking at nearly 98% of Anti-GG, yeah.. I wouldn't be too sure on 50/50 or even 60/50.  Likely.. what is wanted is 90/10, but not what will happen.  xP

Why not....just hire the most qualified person for the job? Hiring someone because they are female is sexist.

Because funding Feminist Frequency is going to solve all the issues...

Apparently so

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Intel initiative leads to big goal: Doubling of women in game development by 2025

I only read the title and I don't want to read more because I know it will be some boring social justice crap. So I'll imagine a better story fitting this title.

Intel has invented cloning technology and currently they are cloning existing female game developers. But the process takes a long time. So it will be until 2025 when they double the stock.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

well maybe the goal of doubling female devs isnt such a good plan but i think people should encourage more women to become game devs. many women dont because there is that stigma that to be a dev or a programmer you need to be a nerdy male which is untrue 

Why not....just hire the most qualified person for the job? Hiring someone because they are female is sexist.

Logic does not faze them.

Well said, nonetheless. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Why would they care if men or women develop games? I mean if someone has a good idea and he/she can promote it and make it happen little do we care about the gender

It's good publicity

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

It's the right idea (except partnering with Feminist Frequency) but imo the wrong way to go about it. The reason females don't pursue careers in gaming and to a lesser extent technology in general is that from a young age we tell our kids that those activities are boy activities. If intel really wants to get more women into game development they need to go to schools and promote it as a job for both genders. That and we need to stop looking up to celebrities and basing our live on what they do and say but that's for a different topic :)

Ironically my female cousin who's is 21 grew up gaming and is pursuing a career in graphic design and game development frequency 

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)